Age to start wearng tall heels

highheeltrained

What do you think is the ok age for girls (and boys to i guess) to let them wear high heels and boots with heels as tall as 5 inches or even 6 inches? And what about thigh high boots? I think 14 or 15 is ok. Maybe even 13. As long as they don't dress slutty but conservative with them.

when I was in school. that stuff was around no matter what. Its just how some people where. Attitude was the biggest thing. Ive seen girls wearing sweat clothes all the time called whores and sluts and all. Clothes i think has the least part in it all, especially heels/shoes. Its personality and attitude of people.

I was managing 5" heels by 18 as I started buying my own shoes and boots and then went up to 6" heels after I turned 20. I can also choose to wear boots with a skirt if I like now too ;) I've also been trying 7" ballet boots over the last few years after giving in to my curiosity. I love the look and feel of them and can last a few hours in them without too much of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is a age limit what not to wear or wear. I was late hitting my first growth spurts, and heels helped me overcome a little of the height difference, as I was sensitive about it at the time. And I loved how grown up and sophisticated they made me feel. And they sound so feminine when you walk in them correctly. And I never agree with people sterotype thigh boots= hooker=slut...etc. It also has to do with what you wear with them, I often wear my 5" thighboots with my business suits with above or blow knee lenght skirts to work. I often receive nice compliment. If anyone of you watch the devil wears prada, the way she dress is professional and elegant. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I started wearing stilettos regularly when I was 14. My parents hated the idea ... it will ruin your feet, you will look like a tart ... but I was bloody minded and wore them all the same. I have small feet so 4" was as much as I was comfortable in back then. I think it would be ok at any age if the girl wanted to and was sensible about it. Love, Abi

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

5 or 6 inches? lol.. i visited my niece.. she turned 10 on the 5th of the month and already wears 4 when she can get away with it.. Daily wear for her is 2 inch boots. I fully expect she would be happy and willing to go higher if someone was to buy them for her!

This is only my thought/opinion. It's like an 'inch-a-year' thing I jsut thought up.... age 14: 1" age 15: 2" age 16: 3" age 17: 4" age 18+: 5" and up! ...Cmon...your an adult at 18! *can I do a disclaimer? Special events such as Proms, Xmas parties, Mayday events, School musical concerts, weddings, & formal events can permit migher heels. Yes...I wore 4" heels @ 16 to the formal Xmas party ** one more?? Other events such as live concerts, house parties, movie dates, & mall dates, can go outside the high heel minimum as long as it's hidden from parents and you know the consequences

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I have a freind who has a daughter who is 14 and very old for her age and I let her borrow a pair of my heels for her School Xmas party a little while ago. her mom is size 9 and we and both size 6 so it worked out OK. The pair I let her wear was a pair of 4" black stiletto heel high arch pumps and she loved them when she trieed them on at my house. She also said she loved them when she returned them, but whether she took them off I don't know, but I do know she left with only those heels on. It was a winter wonderland type thing 1/2 outdoors and we couldn't imagine her going barefoot out of them so she had to have them on the whole time. I think she wore them and liked them...her mom...my friend kinda figured she did and has a thing for heels like me but kinda plays the 'noooo....I don't think sooo...'...hehe

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 2 weeks later...