toe cleavage: good or bad?

pumpedup

I've been hearing about toe cleavage for a few years now. I never really paid attention to it before then. Do you prefer the toes being seen while wearing pumps, or not? I prefer the toes hidden, myself. I think the pump appears to be welded to the foot when there are no toes showing, which is a nice sight. I don't like toes seen, because to me, it just doesn't seem like the pump is on the foot. Something looks odd, IMHO. Lots of women are going through surgery these days, to shorten their toes, JUST so they can fit into a nice pair of Jimmy Choo's. I would rather get a shoe stretcher and see if i could stretch the pump a bit, just so it's a nice fit and not too cramped. (I know with certain shoes, you can't use a shoe stretcher, like on patent leather. It might ruin the shoe.) I've worn shoes that were TOO tight, where it was like pullilng teeth to get the shoes on my feet. After wearing the shoes in more and more by walking around in them, the pain gradually went away. Conversly, i've worn shoes that were a size too big, and of course the shoe didn't have the snug fit, where it wanted to slide off my feet at times. I just bought a pair of pumps last night from a local thrift store. Very nice Caressa black leather pumps, in great shape. They are a bit tight, but nothing walking around in them won't cure. So, is toe cleavage a good thing to anyone reading these forums? Let's see your opinions.

I've been hearing about toe cleavage for a few years now. ...Lots of women are going through surgery these days, to shorten their toes, JUST so they can fit into a nice pair of Jimmy Choo's. ...Let's see your opinions.

Women going through surgery just to be able to wear a certain type of shoe? :smile:;) That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. :o My late girlfriend had to have some extensive foot surgery while we were together, and you can bet the farm that it wasn't to satisfy any shoe fashion. For a long time things were dicey with her:dice: , and I don't recommend any kind of surgery unless it's absolutely necessary.

As for toe cleavage, I've always been rather ambevailent on the topic, but I must admit that a shoe that shows cleavage somehow looks incomplete. If one wants to show some toe (poet and don't know it), why not simply put on a shoe that's designed that way?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

So, is toe cleavage a good thing to anyone reading these forums? Let's see your opinions.

Personally, I find a little toe cleavage very sexy. I have tried hard to emulate the look in my own heel wearing, but I have kind of stubby toes. I don't know how some folks bring this look off....I heard some women speak about trying to get their own pumps to show toe cleavage....and I must admit that I can't figure out what they could do to achieve this effect, short of purposely buying shoes that are too long; and then stuffing the toes with cotton or tissue.

Would some kind woman please enlighten me in this endeavour??

Well, I'm not female but I can give you some insight. It's all in the cut of the shoe -- specifically the cut of the vamp. You have to look for very low-cut vamps that expose toe cleavage. For some rather extreme examples go here: http://lovelypumps.hypermart.net/ and look around.

Personally, I am not sure I like some of the examples shown on the "lovelypumps" site. I think they go a little bit too far but to each his/her own.

There's a thread on this here: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/2041-toe_cleavage_pumps_very_low_cut_toes.html

Have a happy time!

Me personally, I don't like to see women in pumps with toe cleavage. In my opinion, those shoes have this "granny look", maybe I got the idea cause in Switzerland a lot of elder women wear flat sandals with a toe cleavage. Never liked the look, toes look squeezed and odd in those type of shoes. But hey - just my opinion :-) Closed pumps - that's another story :-)

I think you misunderstood toe cleavage for peep-toe shoes. ;)

What they're referring to is toe cleavage in closed pumps.

Uh-oh sorry... you're absolutely right, misunderstood that. Toe cleavage in closed pumps - beautiful, if it's not too much (like half way of the toes visible). Just a little bit looks sexy.

Uh-oh sorry... you're absolutely right, misunderstood that. Toe cleavage in closed pumps - beautiful, if it's not too much (like half way of the toes visible). Just a little bit looks sexy.

I agree with you exactly. ;) Just a little, and not too much = sexy. :o

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

i think that a little toe cleavage is very nice, but too much and it spoils the shoe. however pumps for example where there is no toe cleavage looks almost grannified or cheap in my opinion. the lower vamp with a hint of toe is much sexier in my opinion

i think that a little toe cleavage is very nice, but too much and it spoils the shoe.

however pumps for example where there is no toe cleavage looks almost grannified or cheap in my opinion. the lower vamp with a hint of toe is much sexier in my opinion

I agree!

real men wear heels

Well, at the risk of sounding like a square peg ;), the black shoes look like the designer cut away every last mm of material from the vamp that he could possibly delete, and added it onto the overextended toe (in order to be able to step on bugs in corners?) creating a weird look. If that's fashion then I'll stick to my open-toed White Mountain slides.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I find toe cleavage very sexy. I have a pair of 7.5cm heels from “Lovely Pumps” but they are only for home use. As a male [who wears heels] I have tried toe cleavage flats out and got same strange looks, mainly from women!

I consider myself a traditionalist when it comes to women's shoes, including pumps, and the idea of toe cleavage does absolutely nothing for me. Not only does that take away from the shoe itself as others here have already said, I personally find it a tad revolting, especially in the case of shoes that show extreme cleavage. I can certainly live without that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree! It looks like something is wrong with the shoe, like it's one of those "irregular" pair that you find at specialty shops. I prefer ZERO toe cleavage! It looks sooo much nicer, because the shoe looks like it's fit for the foot. I think even Dorothy would agree, from "The Wizard of Oz"!!! If there would have been a bunch of toe cleavage when she had those ruby slippers on, she wouldn't have tried to keep them from the wicked witch! The witch would have set fire to them, like she did the Scarecrow! Cinderella wouldn't have found her prince, because she would have thrown those slippers out, if they had tons of toe cleavage. SO THERE! ;)