Next sizing

dormouse

I'm a UK size 9 / 42 for flats and 8 / 41 for heels (something to do with a change of foot profile when in heels I think) I have two pairs of Next boots, both are knee high and (Next) size 8. I must warn you though!!!! be very careful with Next boots, they assume that a woman with large feet is going to be stupidly overweight! the first Next boots I brought had something like an 18inch calf and im a 14.5. They were great boots, the current fashion (round toe, stiletto heel) but they didn't fit under any of my jeans!!!! :o Don't worry about the size, you'll be fine.... worry about the "wide calf" or "wide fit". That said, if you have large calves then you should be ok too. Personally, next time I'd buy River Island or Topshop (which are always half a size bigger) ;)

UK sizing is based on length with a formula that dictates the width at each size. EUR sizing is based on width with a length determined according to a formula. Therefore, if you have a narrow foot you might take a 40 for example but for length find that you need a uk 8 for length. The UK and EU sizes don't really correspond exactly. Now if one manufacturer make their boots wider like Next, Asda and Tesco (George and Florence+Fred brands respectively) they will mark their 8s as 42s whereas Faith or Dolcis will mark their 8s as 41s because they're narrower.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Tesco (...Florence+Fred brands respectively) they will mark their 8s as 42s.

I tend to find F+F run narrower than Cherokee hence some F+F shoes I cannot wear. I own some F+F boots, and a couple of pairs of flats which fit me fine but some of their courts I cannot wear. I'm a EU41.5/UK7.5.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Trouble is its not even consistent within each brands, One pair of my Evans size 10s are a great 44 fit but another pair are actually a narrow 43!

You will probably have 2 different manufacturers one who uses UK lasts and another who uses continental lasts.

On last is sized for length with the width being a product of the length and the other is sized for width. The 43 pair is probably a UK one and would be marked 9 with a more generous width than the continental one counterpart so you've gone up to the 44 to get the width...

...or it could be the other way around!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.