another weekend down

KennyUK

Friday night: had a workdo, this was a big step in more ways then one as I would be openly wearing heels in front of most of my colleagues. Funnily enough I had bumped into people from work over the past few weekends but none of the guys noticed, one girl did and had a bit of banter with me but never said anything about it after that.

To cut a long story short I got a lot of stick all night from the guys I work with but this was to be expected so I just rolled with the punches.

colleague a: You look ridiculous, your wearing stilletos for crying out loud (they were actually my stack heel Evans boots from this pic http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/7367-awesome_weekend_heeling.html#post125231)

me: yeah, but the good thing is I'm further away from you up here :-)

So after getting bored of the guys comments I went and spoke to a few of the girls from my office, the feedback was a LOT better. In fact by the end of the night I was busting one of the girls for complaining about the pain of her leopard print stilettos as I was still dancing away in mine.

Saturday night, out again with friends this time. I was circliing the club and found a group of girls dressed very wackily, in a kind of Ugly Betty Style. I got chatting to one of them. I said "Nice boots, but not as nice as mine", I then lifted my jeans slightly to reveal the goods. We continued chatting for a while and I got her phone number. The only awkward moment was when one of her friends came and lifted my jeans up and started taking photos which I wasn't too comfortable with. After that club finished I rolled to the next club and after downing some tequilas I had a crazy drunken bout of confidence. I thought, "to hell with hiding them, lets really try something really crazy" So I went into the toilet and made an adjustment to mimic the current style girls go for in the UK. I rolled my boots over the top of the jeans!

I went back to dancefloor and high fived a random guy who gave me the thumbs up as I walked past. I hit the dancefloor and must have been dancing for a good 15 minutes before anyone noticed before finally a couple of girls started pointing and I got chatting to them, one of them started calling me Puss In Boots :-)

After the club closed I put the jeans back over the top and walked through the town centre to get a taxi. We went past a couple of girls who were walking reeeealy slowly. My mate got chatting to one of them and she said she couldn't walk in her heels (they were about 4"), my mate being the kind of guy who will do anything to get further with the ladies offered to do a swap as she was the same size (UK8/42). My mate didn't last more then 10 paces before swapping over again. I actually stayed quiet during all of this as it was just to surreal for me to take in!

Anyway, back to work today and apart from more little jibes from a few of my colleagues nothing else has really been said about Friday.

So all in all that must be 5 weekends on the trot of heeling both nights and the experiment has been a sucess so far, I think my sucess with the ladies has improved 500% so far this year!

So all in all that must be 5 weekends on the trot of heeling both nights and the experiment has been a sucess so far, I think my sucess with the ladies has improved 500% so far this year!

That's because you have "an interesting chat up line" instead of that awkward pause before you say something crass like, "come here often?".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...