Photo Gallery...

We seam to have a problem in locating one for some time, this is good news. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

If, ah, I may make a suggestion, less bandwidth would be needed if y'all'd OPTIMIZE your photos first. If I didn't get a deluge of them, if some sort of temporary holding area were set up in cyberspace somewhere, I would be willing to do it for those who don't have access to Photoshop. As an example, this, at 176,138 bytes: Posted Image

versus this, at 66,075 bytes, 20% optimization: Posted Image

Reducing the image size nets even further reductions in total bytes, and consequent reduction in download time (and/or space on the picture gallery server), like this, to 60% of original image size, reduces the actual byte count by aproximately 2/3, to 23,331 bytes:

Posted Image

And finally, if someone would like to use it for an avatar under their rank image, this further reduces the size to 80x71 pixels in this case, and to just 1362 total bytes:

Posted Image

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Here's what I got: Bandwidth: Two T3s - 90MB/s -- only about 4MB/s is used on them.. Machine: 25 GB space Now.. Is everyone looking for a true gallery (ie. user authentication and personal galleries) or someplace just for uploads (like thisforumisdown.com)? I can do either. I'm also very skilled in PHP, Perl, and SQL so if something good isn't out there in Open Source, I can just make one myself with the features that we all want. Bob

Thanks for the offer bpalmatv. I'm sure people would love to make use of both those services, but speaking myself, and I think most people, the need for a quick upload/serve service like the forumisdown is the most important. Like Az says, I always try and optimise my pics to 50k or less so they are quick to download and don't put too much load on the host. As for a few who have other aspirations, gallery type things would be nice, but it's always a labour of love. All you'll usually get is the undying thanks of the community, but we like to help each other out so thanks again for offering. Let us know the details if you get time :-)

Here's what I got:

Bandwidth: Two T3s - 90MB/s -- only about 4MB/s is used on them..

Machine: 25 GB space

Now.. Is everyone looking for a true gallery (ie. user authentication and personal galleries) or someplace just for uploads (like thisforumisdown.com)? I can do either. I'm also very skilled in PHP, Perl, and SQL so if something good isn't out there in Open Source, I can just make one myself with the features that we all want.

Bob

Somewhere for uploads is fine by me. I'm a fairly advanced computer user, so I can cope with authenticated FTP. I can do web design, and I guess I could learn to optimise images. Although, having said that, of the 5 small images I posted in my friend's web space, three were less than 5K and the other two were less than 12k. Now, if I could only figure out the difference :smile:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

hi all Sorry i have been so stagnant lately, british heat knocks me out (whimp i know) i have done nothng for the last few months, except get my other website off the ground anyway...... i will not be closing down heels4men but i AM currently rebuilding it all over again to have more content.......... :smile::grin::grin: looking forward to getting more involved again, and getting things rolling again....... Sorry for the lack of any posts or info, i bet people thought i had died or something? Regards Richie

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

It's ALIVE! Aaaaaahhhhrg!!! :grin::grin::smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

hiya jeff i am currently rebuilding my website (again) and i have found a new web site hosting service (lunarpages) thanks to this forum so i will be moving my site by the end of the month hopefully.... glad u is ok...............how was your london visit ?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

hiya jeff

i am currently rebuilding my website (again) and i have found a new web site hosting service (lunarpages) thanks to this forum

so i will be moving my site by the end of the month hopefully....

glad u is ok...............how was your london visit ?

Hey Richie,

My visit was very nice, thanks.. There's a little report in the "Real Life Shopping and Fun Meetings" forum. To bad you weren't there with us..

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler