heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

I have 3 pairs of boots :2 ankle with stiletto heels & metal tipped, 1 pair blade heeled these have 2 metal pins showing through & 1 pait of mary janes with stiletto heels & metal tips. They all sound great when i'm out heeling , i don't care what others think & as far as i can remember, i have had no comments :wave:

I think I responded to this poll before, but as time passes... Heels, period. It's not about the look, for me. It's simply about the elevation.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Having read through the posts, it's fairly clear that most (not all, so no need to sound off otherwise) of those who like the "clank" are fetishists, while most of those who simply wear heels for the sake of wearing heels are simply guys who like to wear heels.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Having read through the posts, it's fairly clear that most (not all, so no need to sound off otherwise) of those who like the "clank" are fetishists, while most of those who simply wear heels for the sake of wearing heels are simply guys who like to wear heels.

OK (That explains a lot :wave:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I won't say much other than...

I don't think it's mandatory that they're fetishists, but I don't know. I may be wrong...

Formally "HHDude"

I see. And exactly how did you arrive at that particular conclusion?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

After spending all last weekend out and about in my 3" heel boots, I can say the clank doesn't bother me. Almost every store I went into had hard floors. You can't hide the noise. It's a dead give away. If people looked, they could tell that the heels were high, but nobody said a word.

Oh Snap!:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really prefer to make as little sound as possible. While I dearly adore the sound any decent heels make on a hard surface I really have little desire to actually make that sound myself. Like most of we heelers I am "fine-tuned" to receive and recognize that luscious sound while I am well aware of the attention it elicits from me. On a deep level I have no desire to attract that kind of attention. My heels are for me -- for my enjoyment and sensation and not really for anyone else. If anybody else notices, that's OK but I don't really want to advertise "Hey I'm a guy wearing high heels!" Maybe this is significantly different from the reasons why women wear heels but that is quite irrelevant to my situation.

I know some of our members frown on this practice but I prefer to wear my heels under long pants, hidden from casual view. I am of the opinion that they are "my business", exclusively. I am not out to further a cause, nor to make a statement -- just to feel good. Happy feet = happy fellow. Further, I prefer wedges, at least for now because they are more discreet.

You just described me to a 'T'..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

This is not something I even considered, plus I guess it will be a while before I am confident enough to go out wearing them. I have to admit the idea of click clacking down the road does kind of worry me a tad. Maybe I can get my girlfriend to wear flats and go out with me. If we walk in step and keep real close together we should be fine. But if anyone did give us any hassle I could stamp on his foot for an effective deterrent of messing with a fella in heels before giving him a nice classic right hook. All jokes aside I think the noise is part of the deal it is something else that makes heels different from flat shoes. I also think the main thing that needs to change is public opinion in general. As human beings we are all different and all have a vast range of hopes and desires. Yet men and women are forced to dress and act in a certain way to conform to an idea of male and female decided by people long dead. All that conformity does is drive some of your desires underground and all that does is twist them from something innocuous into something that takes over your life, causes damage to your relationships, career and friendships. Um... I think I have over thought this. Basically yes I am happy with the noise...

hh4evr1 - It looks like my sense of humour does not convert very well into text. That coupled with the fact that it seems I over think my jokes, as the reason she would need to wear flats is so she can make the sound of what people would classify as male shoes and so we would create the ultimate ruse (at least in my head anyway).

• 1 month later...

When I'm out and about in thigh boots, most of which have stilettos, I don’t care how much noise they make. I wear them fully exposed so the "not being noticed" problem is not an issue. At work, I wear knee high boots with block heels under my slacks/jeans. Work is fully carpeted so heel noise is not an issue. Outside, however, I don't really care for the noise created by a hollow block heel. On most of my boots (block heeled and stiletto heeled) I have had the heel tip replaced. On the block heel boots the cobbler nails a softer rubber heel tip over the hard tip that is on the boot. This softer heel in much quieter and provides a more secure footing. I have had this done even before the original heel was too worn, just to quiet them down.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

All depends when and where. Whenever out and hear the clank my head immediately turns to the sound just to check whatever is making the sound out. If out with my gf while wearing I could care less, usually we are going to a club so prefer to have it while going and coming from there. Now if out alone, not so brave and would prefer a silent mode lol, silent while around others in a restaurant enviroment, but clank on the street

I actually don't really care but since I felt I should vote I went with stilleto and "clank". If I am going to wear heels I feel go all out so a sexy spike with that adorable click clack on the floor is how I go. I remember one evening last summer at the shore it was very late (or early am) and I had on a short cotton skirt with 5" gladiators walking along the beach road. so quiet just the surf and my heels. I felt very sexy.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experimenting with heels, stilletos and a rubber wedge boot. I dont have a sound preference indoors. Out, it depends: Sometimes, probably ussually, I'd like quiet. Sometimes, I'm up for the challenge & thrill of more sound. (it does make me self conscious-) if no one is near me, say in parking lot- I'll walk fast. Then in a quiet store, I walk slower and try to minimize the sound without walking conspicuously slow. Kind of a weird challenge but it can be interesting. Quietest is a heeled boot. Then wedge boot Then heeled bootie with heel resonates Then stilletos are noisiest and haven't worn them out, but there're my current favorite at home.

Why must I be eccentric? I like clank on women wearing stilettos, but Quite for myself on the few times that I have gone out in heels.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 9 months later...

Just curious, not trying to offend anyone... buy why so much talk about hiding and silencing your heels? They are your shoes, and you bought them because you like they way they look, so why cover them up? What is the worst that will happen if somebody notices them?

Just curious, not trying to offend anyone... buy why so much talk about hiding and silencing your heels?

They are your shoes, and you bought them because you like they way they look, so why cover them up? What is the worst that will happen if somebody notices them?

Agree completely,

As I have said earlier, for me the sound is essential. My heels are mostly very skinny stilettos and they have more a high-pitched 'click' when I walk, especially on very hard floors such as marble or concrete. The sound is part of my 'persona' now, and I like to hear it, I need to hear it and don't enjoy my heels that have nylon/plastic heels. I replace these heels with metals.

I wear heels because I love heels, I know I can wear them well, I know I look good in them and feel amazingly confident in heels. The sound tells everybody I am approaching, and I find it more empowering.

I am sure women who dress beautifully with sexy shoes etc expect to be noticed, if not then they are niave because everyone is looking/admiring/staring. This would have to be the main reason for dressing this way - attention and confidence gained. I feel the same, and I dress the same, despite being a bloke on the top...

Regards

Heel-Lover

Exactly my point Heel-Lover! I just can't understand what the big fear is. I've been street heeling since 7th grade.

Agree completely,

As I have said earlier, for me the sound is essential. My heels are mostly very skinny stilettos and they have more a high-pitched 'click' when I walk, especially on very hard floors such as marble or concrete. The sound is part of my 'persona' now, and I like to hear it, I need to hear it and don't enjoy my heels that have nylon/plastic heels. I replace these heels with metals.

I wear heels because I love heels, I know I can wear them well, I know I look good in them and feel amazingly confident in heels. The sound tells everybody I am approaching, and I find it more empowering.

I am sure women who dress beautifully with sexy shoes etc expect to be noticed, if not then they are niave because everyone is looking/admiring/staring. This would have to be the main reason for dressing this way - attention and confidence gained. I feel the same, and I dress the same, despite being a bloke on the top...

Regards

Heel-Lover

Just curious, not trying to offend anyone... buy why so much talk about hiding and silencing your heels?

They are your shoes, and you bought them because you like they way they look, so why cover them up? What is the worst that will happen if somebody notices them?

Well, some of the people here are not fully comfortable with wearing heels in public, or are comfortable but prefer a stealthy, soundless profile while out and about, and to them, the noise heels make is intolerable to them. I understand that mindset and don't begrudge them for how they go about their business. As for me, I love my heels good and loud, to me, that sharp, staccato clicking, be it on wood, tile or pavement is a beautiful and intoxicating sound, I don't hide what I wear, if anything, I'm proud to wear loud shoes! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...