Help me decide....

Danielinheels

...how to wear my mary janes. After being an aficionado for black kneehighs for a long time, I dove off the deep end and got some barely there/opaque colored ones. The jeans in the picture are the color that I most commonly wear; most of my shirts are dark-colored. Here are some pics to serve as a visual aid:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To not wear kneehighs at all isn't an option. I'd only do that if it were hot outside, in which case I'd opt for sandals anyway.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Just an opinion, I'd go with off-black which isn't as dark as the straight black but still offers a fair amount of contrast with the shoes you sported in the pictures you displayed. Hope this helps you out.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just an opinion, I'd go with off-black which isn't as dark as the straight black but still offers a fair amount of contrast with the shoes you sported in the pictures you displayed. Hope this helps you out.

I have to agree with JeffB, the off black is always a good choice. Even a sheer straight black works for me. IMO, the darker colors tend to draw less attention to your feet.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I'm not that worried about them being seen, for awhile I was wearing dress socks with them. That had to stop. I wonder if Payless sells off-black kneehighs... I don't remember what the black ones in the pic were called. I didn't get the plus-sized ones, so I'll be replacing them anyway.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde