your age of heel wonders

ChipsHH

I began my love for heels/wedges and other heel findings when I was about 12 or 13. I was thinking and wondering how old every other man was, just to see....well, it's a question I was just wondering about, if that's alright.

Formally "HHDude"

A most interesting subject, as I understand that most men's fascination with women's footwear/heels manifests itself at a fairly young age. For me, it started at about age six, or so. I loved wearing my mother's heels and I especially loved feeling the smooth insole under my bare feet. To this day, I usually wear my heels bare-footed (only if my feet are spotlessly clean, that is) and only buy heels that have a smooth, vinyl-like insole. Obviously, the thrill of that bare-footed sensation has never left me! I even go so far as to carefully remove the brand labels so often found sewn to the insoles to achieve a perfectly smooth footbed. A most interesting subject indeed - thanks for asking the question!

I can remember at the age of 3 or 4 playing in my Nan's front garden and watching all the girls going past in their high heels. They were nearly all slingbacks or sandals and most were probably at least 4" high. Then a little later at the age of 5 or so my mother had bought a new pair of stiletto knee boots so asked her friend to try them on. Her daughter who was a year younger than me insisted on trying them on too so I had to so I wasn't left out. I've loved high heel boots ever since.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I can remember laying on my parents bed and wearing a pair of my moms stilettos when I was only about 5 or 6 and having a very unique feeling about it. Not much else happening to speak of (occasional wearing when nobody was home and I could still squeeze into them as a teen) until I was out of college and living by myself and had a chance to explore wearing more often. It's good to be able to share this with other guys because as I'm typing this I have to wonder how strange that all sounds to someone who has no inclinations whatsoever to wearing heels. Wineanddine

...I have to wonder how strange that all sounds to someone who has no inclinations whatsoever to wearing heels.

Wineanddine

Well, you bring up a good point. Today I consider heels to simply be a part of my wardrobe. But to someone who might find heels strange or repugnant, it must seem pretty far-fetched. IMO about the same way that I view sky-divers. After all, anybody that would jump out of a perfectly good airplane...

BTW, I can't be certain but I think I first started wearing my mother's heels around 10.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Big difference! Sky Diving is accepted as a sport by the general public and people that participate aren't thought of as being "deviant." Deranged maybe but not deviant. Men in heels isn't accepted by the general subject or classified as a sport and is thought by a large number of people to be "deviant" sexual behavior.

smitty, I say, thank you for the answer :wink: Really makes me feel more fitted in. wineanddine, couldn't have said it any better. Awh, man! I feel like I'm the oldest to ever start wondering and wearing heels >:L Kinda makes me the odd ball, doesn't it...

Formally "HHDude"

I already explained this in another post. Hmmm, where was it? Any way my Mom gave me a pair of red pumps to play with when I was 3 or 4 years young and when I entered school, thats when I really fell in love with girl shoes. I still love my marry janes!!!

real men wear heels

I already explained this in another post. Hmmm, where was it? Any way my Mom gave me a pair of red pumps to play with when I was 3 or 4 years young and when I entered school, thats when I really fell in love with girl shoes. I still love my marry janes!!!

mary janes, huh? hm, I remember seeing them on a site before, but they maybe the ones you're talking about.

Formally "HHDude"

I don´t know whein I felt in love with High Heels but I´m in love with them "Since I can remember"! My mother never had High heels, but my friends mother and grandmother..... I can remember me, praying to god as I was 3 or 4 years old, he should wake me next morning as a girl, only that I could wear High Heels.

HighHeelDude, I seriously don't think that makes you the odd ball - Just more of what I would consider a 'late-bloomer,' that's all :wink:

Like wineanddine, I used to try squeezing into my mother's size 9 'Famolare' four inch strappy wedges, well into my teens but, by then, it was a tight fit! And, like most of us I suspect, I do remember well when I got my very own first pair of heels.

I was about 15 or 16, and I yearned for a pair of heels to call my own. While visiting family friends with my father one evening, I slipped outside to do a little exploring. It was an old ranch kind of place with a barn and a few dilapidated outbuildings.

Well, as fate would have it, right there in pile of garbage in one of those dilapidated sheds, was a cute little pair of low heel, semi-platform, slip-on sandals! I knew I had to have them and it was obvious nobody would notice if they disappeared, so, when I was sure no one was looking, I snuck them out and into my father's car - under the passenger seat. I was relatively certain I wouldn't get caught, and I wasn't. Back home, later that night, I went out, retreived my new found treasure, and stashed it in our shed.

I couldn't wait to get out there the next day and try 'em on! As I mentioned, they were small (I don't remember the exact size), and the little heels were a bit low for my taste so, the first thing I did was snap them off and fashion my own out of a piece of discarded 2x4. My newly fabricated heels were about one inch square, slightly tapered, and approximately 3 inches long. I would have gone higher, but the natural curve of the sole was too low, or shallow. It would have looked really awkward, and I wanted them to look as 'normal' as possible.

I remember the thrill of slipping them on and lightly (so no one would hear) clopping around on the wooden floor of that old tool shed! The 'thrill' was somewhat short-lived however, as the novelty wore off. The little sandals were okay, and well worth the effort, but it would have been much, much cooler if they had been higher and in my size (I think my heel hung over the back by almost a half an inch!). It would be several years, before I finally found the right pair in the right size, and, oh what a thrill that was!

Again, HighHeelDude, I really appreciate your question, and this opportunity to share my first real 'shoe adventure.' Maybe it'll stir a few other memories out there!

Roughly 9 years old, playing in my aunt's closet. My uncle also had a couple pairs of sneakers in there, but I'd worn sneakers before - I wanted to see what THOSE shoes felt like. I've been drawn in ever since.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Hey, smitty, thanks for putting me well-fitted in with the other young 'mid-bloomers' and for making you the 'late-bloomer' for now, anyhow. Strange, though. I tried making my own shoe (platform to be exact). I tried cutting a piece of wood (big enough for the shoe I was going to glue it on x]). That was when I was 13. I was nearly caught by my mum though, so yeah. That 'mini-adventure' failed. Since I'm on the age, I did happen to have a 'shoe adventure,' but it was forced to be either at night or when my parents and sis were out. A

Formally "HHDude"

I really don't know. My mum had an old pair of black leather knee boots with probably about 3.5 inch heels that she used to let me wear when I was little, and I just kept on wearing them. When I got a bit older the boots disappeared, but I kept secretly borrowing her others which was great because she had a lot of shoes and boots with high stiletto heels. Eventually they it reached the point where there were only one or two pairs of her boots that I could squeeze into, but my aunt wears a seven and any time I was alone at her house while her and mum went shopping I used to wear her heels. I was 17 when I got my first pair of my own, some cheap and nasty black patent courts, but I loved 'em! Chris

I do not know when i was but i loved very much at the age 12 and tried girls shoe once in my uncle's house. After that I created my own heels with the wooden pieces and inserted in shoe. I wore and enjoyed a lot when my parents were went out. After I come out from the home to my job in a city, I bought a pair of cheap high heels with 4'' inch. Still i wear and enjoy with that in my room when my roomates are gone to job.

I was I think 16 when I first actually wore my first pair of women's boots... However I had a fascination with them prolly two years prior to that, but I didn't know why... I am not a big fan of shoes, really just boots... However... SMITTY: where can I find shoes like in your avatar?

Oh yeah. Not to be rude or anything, but I was trying to get a story of my 'shoe adventure' out, but I lost connection, so here it is: Since I'm on the age, I did happen to have a 'shoe adventure,' but it was forced to take place either at night or when my parents and sis were out. I would sneak into my mom's shoebox (it has a wide-range of shoes! Even now, it's full of shoes), and very quietly sneak out a pair and bring it back to my room, put them on with the lights off, and sometimes try to sleep with them on. One time, I snuck out a pair of what looked like schoolgirl shoes (you know the ones, right?) but they were wedges, if I can remember, they were about 2-inch plats 4-inch heels, and immediately they were my all-time faves! Thing was, they were a little tight around the edges, so I had to kinda 'push' and 'pull' my way into them. When I finally did, I had the time of my life. Walked into the living room, into the kitchen, then back to my room, about three times uncaught. I knew I had to stop sometime, so I took 'em off (sadly :D and put them back. I will never forget that 'shoe adventure.' Actually, it doesn't even stop there. For that one-time-only, I woke up very early in the morning, about 5 or 5:30, I had a flashback and made a connection. At the daycare I went to (yes, daycare), there was a high school girl (worked there temporarily) who wore these shoes I were fascinated with. I continueously hit a glance or two at 'em when I had the chance, and wondered how familiar they looked... ...it hit me! They were AN exact pair of what my mom had at home. I couldn't believe it! My mom and the girl wore the exact same size (I could just tell by the size of the two shoes through imagination). I remembered that my mom had a pair under her bed (don't ask) at home, so then, I couldn't wait to get home and try them on, but what I didn't know was that I was headed into disappointment. When I got home, I didn't immediately try them on. Wait....yeah, I did, actually. I waited for the right moment to try them on (I think my mom was napping in the living room). Once it came, I went into her room, got 'em from under the bed, and tried them on. Disappointment: I couldn't fit them! ! ! I was desperately trying to get them on, but nothing worked. After like 5 minutes, I gave up and wore them like they had no backs to them (which they did) and walked to the bathroom a couple of times, disappointed. Remember that night I was wearing the 'schoolgirl' wedges? Yeah, well that following morning (brings the story back to where I was talking about), at 5 or 5:30, I attempted to wear those same shoes. Oh, btw, they were wedges as well. I attempted to wear them one last time, and this time, it was not to fail, because I had a plan for if they didn't fit this time. So, I snuck into the room, like always, but a little challenge I put myself in was: I attempted to wear them, IN MY MOM'S ROOM! Heh, I didn't care though. My main focus was on the shoes. So, I tried pulling them on, then I tried forcing them in by standing in them. No luck. Now, I had to pull out my secret weapon, and this weapon was gonna slip my feet right into these babaies (o.o is that a word?). What was it? Oh yeah. Lotion.......yes, a good-ol' bottle of lotion. I used it to slip my feet into the 'schoolgirl' wedges as well. And whaddya know? It works! My feet, tightly squeezed, slipped right into them. I was sooo happy! I could fit my mom's and the daycare girl's shoes. I was so proud to be fitted in to the 'club' of a pair of shoes I could also fit. So that's my 'shoe adventure.' Glad to get that story told to all men here. Woow! that's a load off! Heh heh, oh yeah. I wanna thank smitty again for being a small inspiration. I would of never told this story if he didn't....first, so thanks :wink:

Formally "HHDude"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I knew i had a fascination with heels as early as preschool when i used to play around with my mums and her friends blocky 60's shoes and had overwhelming urge to just hold them (??? but was 4 or 5) anyway then wearing my sisters 1 inch wedges inside mocassin slippers under jeans around the house when was teenager in front of unsuspecting parents but was caught by mum a few times and probably dad who never said anything as he was probably hoping it would go away and not turn me.

I had admired heels when I was 4 years old on ladies. I used to wear my sisters shoes soon after that. I was lucky having four sisters because as i grew to big to wear shoes belonging to one of them one of the other sisters shoes fitted me.

My mother always wore high heels every day. All of her female friends wore high heels. I was intrigued with high heels at a very early age. I started wearing her high heels in my pre-teen and early teens. The rest, as they ssay, is history.

Howdy, I remember the first time I wore a pair of heels and I figure it to be when I was twelve years old during the summer between 5th and 6th grade. I can still remember the shoes the girls wore in 6th grade however I don't remember years prior to that. I do recall noting some women's shoes that I prefered prior to that possibly at ages as young as four or five however the real high heel thing started at 12. Man, I remember the first time trying on a pair of 3-inch wooden Candies mules. I remember that I was just curious about what they were like to wear. I had no idea it would lead to the passion for high heels that developed quickly after that. It is a trippy deal. I am, however, now glad that this is my experience. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I can't remember exactly how old I was, but I was probably in my early teens when I had my first heel experience. I remember sneaking off to try my older female cousins shoes on when we visited my aunt and uncle. I don't know what made me do it, it just seemed right. I brought my first pair of boots when I was 17, some cheap knee high boots - that got me hooked. From there I have had a bit of a roller coaster ride, buying heels (spending more money on descent high street brands) then getting cross with myself and throwing them away to be 'normal' The good news is having found this site and so many like minded guys I feel great about my heel wearing, I no longer think I have to change. So now I have a healthy stock of high heeled boots! Thanks HHplace, wish I had discovered you sooner!

From my first memories of living at the age of around two years old, the choices to wear "feminine" styled dress shoes has been the only ones I've ever wanted. However, the messages that were given to me for having this desire were those of being a second rate person, a mentally deranged fool, a socially outcasted bum, and/or an outright perverted degenerate. Any time I was caught exercizing my right to wear heels, the retaliation was in a degrading approach with the background emphasis of being a phase of life I would grow out of. I continue to wrestle with society's descriptions of such unaccepted behavior, even though, I know who I am and what I have felt. For the longest time, it seemed that withdrawing into secrecy was the only way of possibly surviving in this environment.

For many years, I have never had the joy of freely sharing any of my high heel issues or even sharing the purchase of a new pair of stilettos with anyone until I found this forum. Breaking away from these social habits of thinking and perceptions toward male heelers I grew up with is a constant battle. I have many public heeling jaunts on shopping sprees, visits to the post office and/or bank, or nightly strolls, but to attend social functions and really interact with people while heeling has yet to be part of my braggings. Hopefully, I can overcome my insecurities and have these experiences soon.

First tried on a pair of my Mom's stiletto pumps in 1971 and knew throughout the 1970's that I liked women's shoes,dresses,nail polish,etc. It wasn't until 1978 though that I wandered into a Kresge store in Camp Hill, PA that was going out of business and I spotted a pair of 4.5 wooden platform sandals in size 10 which I bought for $10. That first pair would last me another 10 years when I bought a pair of 5.5" stiletto pumps in Philadelphia in 1988. Not problems buying them back then either, maybe just lucky. Now there isn't a day go buy that I don't have heels on my feet for at least some short period of time.

I recall being quite young and having some fascination with my Mom's shoes. I can remember an older cousin (female) that, when she was probably the same age, would come to out house to visit with her parents and ask to wear my Mom's heels because they were the right size for her at that young age (my Mom worn a very small size 5 1/2). It probably wasn't until I was 9 or 10 that I actually tried on some of Mom's shoes. Given their small size, it was a struggle even then, so aside from a few pair that for some reason ran large (and one pair of suede pumps that I actually split trying to get my feet in them..she never did figure out how that happened), I rarely got to try heels when I was young. She did have one pair that I recall was white and was leather, but was a mesh type shoe. Those did stretch some and I wore them whenever I could. I remember her finally throwing them out, commenting to my Dad that they were "all stretched out". If only she knew why! It wasn't until I was of driving age that I bought my first pair. While I went in to buy a nice pair of black patent sling backs with a bow on teh toe, those didn't even come in a size 10 at that time. The only size 10 they had at that local Thom McAn store was an ugly two-tone brown pair that I didn't like, but bought anyway, rather out of embarassment at the moment. My second pair was black patent t-straps that I got through a catalog pick-up (I believe Aldens was the retailer). Man, I loved those shoes. About a 3.5-4 inch heel, and they fit me almost perfectly. Unfortunately, at that time I really had no where to store them, so I didn;t have them long. That began a long run of buying shoes, wearing a few times, and then disposing of them when I didn't really have a place to keep them that continues in to my 58th year on the planet! Nowadays, I try to make sure that my discards don't go in the garbage, but at least into a used clothing collection bin where hopefully some charitable group can at least benefit from them (and some lucky guy can find a real inexpensive pair of heels in a re-sale shop somewhere :chuckle:.