What size to get and other Q's

Sadam

Im a guy going to buy some fetish heels from 5 inches to 6 inches. These are my first fetish heels but i have been wearing heels for more than 6 years which have been from 3 -4 inch heels. Im a size 9 1/2 UK and have a narrow foot which is about 3.8 inches wide. Im wanting to get 3 pairs of Scream heels, boots, pump and oxford style and im also wanting some domina boots and shoes. What size do you recommend for me? I have read that you are supposed to increase the size by 1 or 2 but didnt fully understand why. Will wearing these shoes everyday alter my foots shape? I wont necceserily be walking around my house all the time. How long could it take for my foot to become acustomed to walking in the 6 inch heels properly? thanks in advance Adam

The problem won´t be as much your feet as your ankles and knees. As to sizing: I´d usually wear US 10 but for scream-Pumps I needed a US 9 and they fit me well. Not sure if it is the same in your size but I think you should not buy them larger than your regular size. As to pleaser domina, better you first try a pair before buying more. I have bought several pairs of that series cuz I thought them so beautiful but I am going to sell all cuz they hurt my feet in us 10 as well as in US 11 (!!) :wink:

Adam, Screams are great, but they are extremely high, and take a lot of practice. Sizing, well a lot will depend on whether you have long or short toes. You need to go to somewhere like bananashoes or alternative footwear, and try some on. Like Pata said, there is nothing worse than shoes that make your feet feel sore You need to practice in some 5"ers before you move onto the higher ones !

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I have read that you are supposed to increase the size by 1 or 2 but didn't fully understand why.

Depending on the manufacturer, a woman's shoe can be 1 to 2 sizes smaller than a man's shoe. Unfortunately, sometimes trial and error is the only way to find the right fit. Myself, I find 2 sizes larger works for me.

Will wearing these shoes everyday alter my foots shape? I won't necessarily be walking around my house all the time.

If you wear the wrong size or very pointed shoes, you could find some change of the angle of your toes.

How long could it take for my foot to become accustomed to walking in the 6 inch heels properly?

That depends on how often and how long you wear 6 inch heels. The more and longer you wear them, the more comfortable you'll get in wearing them.

I would recommend starting with a lower heel and work yourself up to the higher heel. I started out with 3 inch heels and worked myself up to 4.5 inch heels over a long period of time. 5 inch heels are still a strain for me.

If you don't wear heels for a while, again start with a lower heel, then work up to the higher ones.

I've never been able to go from a flat shoe to a high, high heel without working up to it.

Innskin

I have read that you are supposed to increase the size by 1 or 2 but didn't fully understand why.

Depending on the manufacturer, a woman's shoe can be 1 to 2 sizes smaller than a man's shoe. Unfortunately, sometimes trial and error is the only way to find the right fit. Myself, I find 2 sizes larger works for me.

Will wearing these shoes everyday alter my foots shape? I won't necessarily be walking around my house all the time.

If you wear the wrong size or very pointed shoes, you could find some change of the angle of your toes.

With all due respect Innskin the whole sizing thing is different here in the UK. Ladies shoe run parrallel to mens and not "two sizes out" as they do in the US. For example, a ladies 8 (whether 6"heels or not) will still fit a guy with 8 size feet. The only issue here is width so a guy with normal broader male feet my need to go up a size.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There are several places on the 'net that say you need a larger size in higher heels. Perhaps that's what you're talking about. Well, in my experience and opinion, that advice is wrong. Find out your woman's shoe size from the charts or measurement, and don't add anything for the heel height. The shoe manufacturer has already taken that into account.

Hi Adam If you're a 9.5 but have narrow feet you might be OK with a 9. I'm a uk 7.5 and I struggle with the fetish shoes because a US 10 is too tight and an 11 is too loose. If you can't get somewhere to try them on, your best bet would be to buy one pair from somewhere with a good exchange / refund policy in case they don't fit. Be aware though that the Scream range come from the USA, UK shops convert the US sizes to UK ones, and they don't always do it the same way! You really need to try them on to know for sure. What size your current heels are and how they fit could be a guide, if you usually wear a 9 and they're a little tight I'd definitely go for a 10 for the fetish shoes. Chris

Someone suggested a company called leatherworks to me - they are based in London. I have contacted them - they seem friendly and are happy for male customers to try before they buy in privacy! They have a website as well leatherworks.co.uk:bow:

Thanks for the replies they are very useful. All of my current shoes are size 8 and are fairly tight, the width is fine but my toes push against the ends. I'm ordering tonight so wish me luck in getting the right ones because im quite excited. Ive decided to go UK11 just a gut instinct tells me 10 could be a bit too small but I think Bananashoes has a pretty good returns policy and everything should be okay. Im also need some advice on what i can say all the strange shoe boxes are when they arrive. Im ordering with my new card which is under my mams house address so its being delivered there. Will the delivery service know what it is they are delivering because im still quite confidential about my high heels obsession? Thanks again adam

Well just placed my order which was successful im very happy right now. My parents already know i have a thing for high heels but if they find out how much i have spent on what i have bought then im not sure of their reaction. In the likely event of my mam finding the shoes I'll have to tell her they were very cheap second hand ones which i wanted then she will probably be ok with it but then again these arent normal girls shoes so i hope she'll except my fetish. Ill post back when i get news of the shoes coming or when they arrive to tell you all if they fit well and what things happen. Thanks again

I've never ordered from Banana shoes, but most places send them out in plain packaging. It's highly unlikely that they'll have "WARNING: FETISH HEELS!" printed on them or anything. :wink: As for what to tell your parents, only you know how to handle that one! Let us know how you get on when they arrive. Chris

I don't know how they deliver in the U.K., but there are several companies here in the U.S. that package all shoe boxes inside of a plain cardboard box with nothing more than a shipping label. Very discreet, since I have to have anything I order shipped to my work via UPS.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

Ok so i told my mom yesterday about my fetish for high heels. It was pretty difficult but since my collection is starting to get larger i thought it would be alot easier on her finding out this way. Shes interested in it, but i have the idea she thinks it will develope into wearing female clothes. I also wore some new heels i got from a shop near me out today even though it was dark and i made sure nobody saw. Back to sizing. Are the shoes on bananashoes sized for females and would this mean i need to increase the size for myself? What would be classed as to loose. Im planning on wearing these shoes nealry all the time im in the house so want to avoid damaging my feet. Oh how long did it take for them to arrive? thanks alot

I sent her an email about delivery status. She said 2 out of my five orderd pairs have been posted and the other 3 aren't in stock and will arrive in around 10 days. I ordered on Sunday so im assuming the 2 pairs will come tonight or tomorw morning. Thanks for all the help so far. Ill post some pictures when they get here. Adam

A pair of pleaser scream oxford style and pleaser domina boots arrived today was very happy but i had a friend over so had to sneak them on while they were out the room. The 5.5 inch heeled boots are higher than i expected but fit perfectly and i can walk in them. The scream oxford shoes are difficult to stand up straight but i enjoy the feeling of them and they look very hot. Ill post some pictures as ive mentioned already soon. How long will it before i can walk straight in my Scream heels? Is there anything i can do while im not wearing them to help shape my foot? Adam