Anyone else like chunky, clunky platforms?

smitty

Hi! Thanks for the link. But I'm searching 5" (rubber) heels as they don't produce much noise. Don't get me wrong, I was already out on the streets in bright daylight with 5.25" heels platform boots which produced some noise but there are times when walking a bit more quiet is even more appropriate. And as I said in another thread: The styles offered in those dedicated shops are always a bit more flashy than I can bear. So I tried to get hold of some casual styles in my sizes with heels that high which seems to be sort of impossible nowadays... CU! -Mike

Hi!

The styles offered in those dedicated shops are always a bit more flashy than I can bear. So I tried to get hold of some casual styles in my sizes with heels that high which seems to be sort of impossible nowadays...

CU!

-Mike

I couldn't have said it better myself. I totally agree that most styles found in the online, so-called 'sexy shoe' stores are just a bit too 'flashy' as you put it. It's frustrating to go from one site to another, only to find the exact same stuff. Not to knock Tosca's link, but, like you, I am looking for slightly more mainstream styles - the kind of stuff that seems to be popular with the young crowd / teens. In my years of searching, I have come across some very sexy, 'mainstream' footwear, but finding it in larger (11-12 US) sizes is almost always a challenge.

Seven or eight years ago, when this style was really 'in,' (I hope it comes back - soon!) Payless Shoe Source offered some high (4.5 to 5 inch), chunky heel loafers, under their 'Lower East Side' brand, which have since become highly sought-after classics. They all came in sizes up to US 12 and are simply awesome looking shoes!! The good news is: these larger chunkies do occasionally turn up on sites like eBay, but when they do, the competition can get fierce!

A site I would highly recommend you check out is www.electriqueboutique.com , They carry the 'flashy' stuff, of course but, from time-to-time, they have some mouth-watering, mainstream styles in the larger sizes. You have to be patient and it pays to check them out on a semi-regular basis, 'cause the stuff seems to come and go.

Hi!

Seven or eight years ago, when this style was really 'in,' (I hope it comes back - soon!) Payless Shoe Source offered some high (4.5 to 5 inch), chunky heel loafers, under their 'Lower East Side' brand, which have since become highly sought-after classics.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Suddenly, on the verge of the new millenium these styles-to-die-for just vanished...

A site I would highly recommend you check out is www.electriqueboutique.com , ...

Yes, I know that link. Whenever I checked with them and I found something highly interesting - it came only in sizes up to a US ladies 10. D**n, scr***d again... I just f**king hate this US 10 being the limit. I wouldn't mind if I was a 'shy' 11 but with a US 12 this is at least one size too small and definitely not worth buying since you have to give'em away because you just can't use it... :wink:(

Oh, well...

CU!

-Mike

Hi!

I just f**king hate this US 10 being the limit. I wouldn't mind if I was a 'shy' 11 but with a US 12 this is at least one size too small and definitely not worth buying since you have to give'em away because you just can't use it...

You might be pleasantly surprised at just how much of a variation there can be in some size 10 shoes! I am technically a size 12 US (at least that what most of my 'guy' shoes are) - my bare foot, measured from heel to toe, is just a hair over 10.5 inches long. I have found a number of US size 10s that I can fit, no problem. It's a bit of trial and error and, to further complicate matters, 'same-size' variations can even exist within the same brand - for example, some Splash size 10s are super roomy, while some are way too small.

My point is, that there may just be a few more shoes out there for you than you realized!

In some way you're right. I got myself a pair of Buffalo-like remakes from my local shoe discounter at a EU41 (roughly equals a US women 10) and they fit perfectly. But since today this was the only exception so far... :wink:( Anyway, I'm in the office and wear a pair of 5.25" heels platform boots. The have a pretty rigid sole and hence they were very noise on the way from the car to my office since they've put grit on the ground in order to take care about slippery pavement. Fortunately in the office the floors are carpeted. -- Housekeeping just stopped by my cube and one of them emptied my trash-bin. Once they were past my cubicle they started whispering and it sounded like '... shoes ...'. Her collegue suddenly started to giggle. Anyway, it didn't sound approving... Oh well, I didn't expect them to think in another way than I believe they would have just by looking at them. Don't get me wrong, I'm far away from being genius or such nor do I try to think I'm better than other people but these two housekeepers aren't just the brightest people on earth so you can't expect them to be more tolerant in order to see the whole picture. Seems what they just learnt won't fit in their own little world... CU! -Mike

Hi all, Whilst I would agree that many of the styles on offer at the site I provided the link for are of a flamboyant nature, if you look around they also have more conservative styles available too. As a UK heels shopper we have far fewer options available than those of you in the US of A, especially for those of us with big feet! Most of my heels are conventional court/pumps styles, but I'm happy to stride out a little more ostentatiously when the occasion permits. All best wishes, Tosca.

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Hi all,

As a UK heels shopper we have far fewer options available than those of you in the US of A, especially for those of us with big feet!

That's funny. That's just how I sometimes view the situation here in the US - especially after I do a 'UK only' eBay search! I come away thinking, 'Man, they're lucky in the UK. They've got some awesome heels over there.'

Yes, we've got some real heel diversity here in the States, but we don't have some of the super-hot styles I see offered by brands like 'Faith,' 'Raid,' 'Barratts' and 'New Look,' among others. Some of their stuff is simply mouth watering to me! And oh, those high chunky heel, low cut booties! Virtually impossible to find 'em exactly like that over here. You guys really got it goin' on when it comes to high heel chunkies and boots!

The grass is always greener... as they say.