The neighbours

Calv

A little story for you. One evening last week I was talking to the girl next door. Yes it true I really do live door to Kylie! :smile: .Later another guy who lives nearby was around and after saying hello I went indoors to do something else. Later Dean the guy asked my "which way did I swing" after much hesitation trying to say it - meaning of course was I gay. I assured him that I was definitely not. He then said I could probably guess why he asked - my clothes. I was wearing a pair of 3" wedge sandals, long wide side zipper trousers and a (male) black lycra t shirt. I then explained the concept of freestyle dressing to him and the fact that I wore what I wanted whether from the male or female side of the store. He was most apologetic as he thought he had upset me, but for me I am pleased he said what he did. It's far better to be out in the open rather than people imagining things and jumping to conclusions. Any other thoughts?

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

where i live i have old people for neighbours, they seem to notice the slightest little thing that happens in our close, but the one thing i havent heard any comments about is my heels, i also have a young family of women living next door (havent seen any men living there) and they are extremely friendly, and they havent said anything either. So, have they noticed but just talk about it to themselve's, or are they all a bit blind ? Maybe they dont care, who knows.......

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...

I would say richie, that your neighbours have noticed but don't quite know what to say or do about it! I mean, you can't just go up to someone and say: "I see you're wearing heels!" What are you going to say?: "My god!!! you're right!!!" Alternatively, you're not doing anyone harm and at the same time giving them something to talk about..... When I was at College, I wore heels all the time... Well it was a leather trades college and most of the students on my course had a thing about shoes (it was 90% female). I was always gaining compliments on my thigh boots with 4" block heels. Now that I work as a lorry driver (pays better that footwear design) I have to wear flats to work and Ruth has got it into her head that one of the neighbours is going to stab me or something! :smile:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I had a conversation with the guy next door about a year ago (he is about 15). Him: Why are you wearing heels? Me: Because I like them. Him: Isn't that gay? Me: No. You're wearing an earring, does that make you gay? Him No! Me: Why are you wearing trainers? Him: Cos that's what everyone else wears. Me: Is that what you base your dress on then, what everyone else wears? Him: Yeah Me: You're welcome to it. Hope you enjoy clone city. Him: I don't understand. Me: It doesn't matter. See you around. As for the rest of the neighbours, I've never had any comments and if there were, I wouldn't give a fuck anyway. They do their stuff, I do mine.

I mean, you can't just go up to someone and say: "I see you're wearing heels!" What are you going to say?: "My god!!! you're right!!!"

LOL... got to remember that one for when the time comes...

Ruth has got it into her head that one of the neighbours is going to stab me or something! :smile:

Because of the heels? Or is that an unrelated issue and you mean that you have to wear flats to be able to sprint away if the red-eyed neighbour with exposed teeth and a viking axe is on your lawn? :grin:

t:Bert

What's all the fuss about?

well that's my notice served in two days, for wearing 4" heels! :smile: actually, my landlady moans when I'm not wearing my heels. She keeps asking me if I'm feeling ill or something when she catches me in my bovver boots, but you can't work on the railway wearing heels! ps. that's a preserved railway :grin: getting driving lessons soon :grin:

[

Ruth has got it into her head that one of the neighbours is going to stab me or something! :smile:

Because of the heels? Or is that an unrelated issue and you mean that you have to wear flats to be able to sprint away if the red-eyed neighbour with exposed teeth and a viking axe is on your lawn? :grin:

t:Bert

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It is also good that there isn't a clause about using common sense when dressing.

Wouldn't life be boring if there was such a clause :smile:

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Fashion should be frivilous and fun. :grin:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Not much to do with the neighbours, but talking about landlord's clauses there was some hospital type place in the US which banned male employees from wearing heels higher than one inch while females were allowed the dizzy heights of three.

My EPMs have a uniform for certain members of staff, and I believe that it included 1" court shoes for a while. This has since been abolished. Mind you, it's pretty damn hard to get excited about 1" courts.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

One inch as high? These people quite obviously do not work anywhere near me. After all, when I wear the four inch stiletto sandals in black patent, they are referred to as my low heeled shoes. Quite the difference depending on the wearer, I guess. Dress codes should only concern shoes as far as saying shoes should be kept in good condition, and nothing like flip flops that look trashy. At work, girls can wear whatever they like, and I am sure men could get away with a bit, however, my dear friendly biker boy wants to get a pair of sport bike boots with the metal plates on them and he was told they are not appropriate, they won't look dressy. I wear weapons on the end of my shoes, and he cannot wear armour on his boots. My advice was to change once he gets to work, but I think he'll save his money instead. Blah.

• 2 weeks later...

I relaay only wear them inside or on the balcony. Once in awhile if it is getting dark and I left something in the car I will not change them. My wife is a bit freaky if anyone saw them. I have a dykey lesbo next dor. She would not care but is moving in October and ther is a new young couple moving in. So fortunantly by then it will get dark early. More to wonder about is all the candles we burn on the balcany on full moon nights. Renee

Why does it matter if anyone sees you in your heels. Women wear men's clothing all of the time. You shold wear your heels proudly.

:smile:

I relaay only wear them inside or on the balcony. Once in awhile if it is getting dark and I left something in the car I will not change them. My wife is a bit freaky if anyone saw them. I have a dykey lesbo next dor. She would not care but is moving in October and ther is a new young couple moving in. So fortunantly by then it will get dark early. More to wonder about is all the candles we burn on the balcany on full moon nights.

Renee

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to you question... Pretty much all my heels are pumps or open sandals and have a 4 to 6" generally spiked heel. Most are patent in black, red or white. Where I live is too conservative. No one would beat me up, but they would think it is "weird" and do not need the hassle. Also, I never know when I might run into a buisness associate. We also have many friends who are between 55-75. They would really have a difficult time accepting it. Yes my wife is cool, but she would be embarrased to run into her boss who lives about 2 miles a way with me wearing some 6' spiked heel w/2" platform in red patent open toe "Barbie Doll" sandals (strap across toe and a strap behind heel with one in front of ankle that buckles). Unfortunantly, I do not have any chunky heel boots with a sort of thick sole and longer length boot cut jeans or I would wear them out. So, part is mentality of friends but part of it is mine are very very feminine shoes and so part of it is they would look mismatched with say khaki pants. There are clubs I have been to where high heels were not only accepted, but expected and so I would always wear them there either with a skirt of legging type pants. But, see the shoes matched the bottoms- i.e. a red ankle length skin tight cotton/spandex t-shirt knit material tube skirt with the red patent 6" heel Barbie doll sandals), a red knit spaghetti straped tank top and a 5" wide big buckled strechy belt. On another occasion my wife and I went out wore the above skirt and top with the same sandals mentioned above in black patent with an 18" black satin fully boned corset that I had replaced the black strings with red ones that were long enough to also wrap around the front and tie in the back. It all matched and I did not do it in drag with a wig and falsies where no one would recognise me. But that was in the city and we live in the surburbs. In fact it is against the law to go out in public in drag in my state. Oh one last thing. I have 7 maids uniforms from French fetish maid to mid-calf real ones in cotton each with its own matching apron. When ever I did wear them out I would wear a sort of chin length bobbed wig as not many sissy maids have short corporate haircuts. I would wear makeup, but no falsies becausee "sissy maids" by the definition have to be male. To answer one last question you may or may not have... Yes. I started going to clubs in drag when I was 18. Some years later I stopped as "Freestyle" fashions were accepted enough where I could wear a skirt in heels to a club as myself. Also, when I went out in full drag I got tired of always getting hit on all night long when as Cindy Lauper sings... "Don't you know that... 'girls' just want to have fun yea. Oh oh, 'girls' just want to have fun!". Anyway, that is the explainatiion. Renée "Yes that is my real name now. YIPPIE!"