Boots at Work

Thighbootguy

Normally I don’t mix heels and work but the weather today presented an opportunity. We had 6” (15 cm) of snow yesterday and the temperature is getting up to 20F (-6C). The streets and parking lots have been cleared but there is still a lot of snow to walk through. Today at work I wore jeans, a dark blue turtleneck and dark blue leather knee length boots with a 2 ¾” block heel worn under my jeans. The jeans cover the boots and most of the heel. The floor at work is carpeted so there is no sound from the heel. I don’t think anyone has even noticed. I know, it’s not thigh boots with 5” stilettos over jeans but at least I’m wearing boots at work and that is a big change. All I know is it feels great (warm to). This is something I may back off from very quickly but for the moment I’m enjoying it. As a note in passing, both of the real “he man” type guys I work with stayed home because of the snow.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

sounds nice tbg!:wink: (but I'm out in southern Cal) in orange county & the temps are "only" about 55 (right now as I type this that is) I do enjoy wearing any of my own boots when I have the time & the weather is cold enough, even near the beach (about 5 miles inland I live)

I wore my dark blue boots to work again yesterday. There is still enough snow that I can also wear jeans. I think a couple of my co workers noticed but they really are good folks and too polite to say anything. The first day I wore my boots and yesterday I went to the local hardware store (first time to buy something, and yesterday to exchange it for what I really needed). I’m sure no one even noticed my boots. This really is a departure from my normal philosophy on wearing boots. My normal mode is don’t hide them. My experience has been, the more you try to hide them the more people will pay attention. I normally wear thigh boots over my jeans and people ignore me all the time. But then, I don’t wear them to work. I think it has to do being in a place I can’t easily just walk away from. Most of the places where I wear my thigh boots, it is of little consequence to me if I go back to that place or not. Work is a different matter. I’m taking this slowly.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Isn't it odd that people ignore you when you wear thigh boots in plain sight but tend to notice you when you wear boots under your jeans? I can only speculate that people are, in their own way, used to the former rather than the latter. Go figure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Isn't it odd that people ignore you when you wear thigh boots in plain sight but tend to notice you when you wear boots under your jeans? I can only speculate that people are, in their own way, used to the former rather than the latter. Go figure.

Maybe there's a reason for this?

Think about it -- how many times have we heelers seen a woman wearing heels under some kind of jeans or pants and wondered how high the heels were? There is a certain mystique about that 1 inch or so of heel we see below the hem of the pants legs -- we wonder how much else there is. It is absolutely fascinating to any heeler.

I wonder if the same thing extends to we guys when we wear heels in public?

Have a happy time!

Maybe there's a reason for this?

Think about it -- how many times have we heelers seen a woman wearing heels under some kind of jeans or pants and wondered how high the heels were? There is a certain mystique about that 1 inch or so of heel we see below the hem of the pants legs -- we wonder how much else there is. It is absolutely fascinating to any heeler.

A brilliant theory! When I'm at the mall and I sit on a bench to watch people walk by, I do notice women wearing heels under long jeans or pants that all but completely cover the shoes and I wonder just how high their heels are. It makes for quite an entertaining little guessing game to while away the time. Does the same extend to us? Who can say? It'd be kinda cool if women play the same sort of guessing game with us.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

We have had a real ice storm for the past two days. Today there are only 3 (of about 40) people in the office. I took advantage of that and wore jeans and my blue leather boots with 2” block heels under my jeans. I’ve stopped and talked to several of the other fools and I really don’t think anyone noticed at all. I will stop at several stores on the way home and I’ll wear the boots over my jeans. I’ll let you know if there is a different reaction.

There is a certain mystique about that 1 inch or so of heel we see below the hem of the pants legs -- we wonder how much else there is. It is absolutely fascinating to any heeler.

I know that in my case, whether the wearer be male or female, I always wonder what lies "under the fabric" of the jeans/slacks. It's kind of a tease, I guess...My eyes also try to distinguish how high the top of the boots are (as discretely as possible) by looking for the little bump in the fabric which gives it away...:wink: It seems we always get a charge out of what we can't see, rather than what is apparent.

Or, equally likely, we are just a little more obsessed by heels than most.

So True....So True....(guess we could have other, more serious obsessions; could we not?) Seems that when I have been "made" while wearing in public, most people don't seem to notice (unless you count the teeny-girls - who always seem to look at what people are wearing) Most folks my age, couldn't give a rats ass what you are wearing; and they don't seem to notice, unless your heels make a lot of noise on the floor/sidewalk. AND, regardless of what type of material your heels are made of (i.e..metal tipped) there is still a way to walk about casually without sounding like a Storm Trooper.

Boy...do I ramble...<Grin>

SG

I think its great you all have the strenght / courage to wear your boots when you want. I have to say, Im new to this site and relativaley new to wearing heels (got a great pair of leather thigh boots) but I just cant see me being confident enough to wear them out - not sure if London (or my girlfriend) would be as accepting!!:wink:

I had a good day at work. Most of the office was back after the ice storm but it was still cold and messy so I wore jeans again. I also wore my blue leather boots with the 2” block heel. So far no one has said a word and I’m sure several people noticed. This is two days in a row that I’ve worn them and tomorrow is a casual day so I’ll wear them again then to. I really am enjoying wearing them.

I went shopping last night at Sam’s Club wearing jeans and the blue knee boots. There were a couple of folks that worked real hard at sneaking a look at what I was wearing. I asked the register clerk if these boots were any better than the tall ones I normally wore. She said they looked nice but didn’t have as high a heel. I told her my other ones (my thigh boots) were being repaired.

I did have my thigh boots resoled and new heel tips put on. I really did wear the sole of the boots out.

I went shopping again tonight but I was wearing a skirt so that is the subject for another thread.

I have been wearing dark blue leather boots with a 2” block heel to work under slacks and jeans for over a week now. Today I got my first reaction as I walked past two manager types (that is a very loosely defined entity in our shop). One guy did give a noticeable downward glance as I walked by and as I came back the other guy said, “I thought you were a little taller”. I just said, “there comfortable” and kept going. As long as the weather is messy I may as well wear them for a little longer. They sure do feel great.

I’ve worn my boots for two more days and I plan on wearing them tomorrow. Still no one has said or asked anything. That is not a complaint. I did wear them when I stopped at the Goodwill (thrift store) this afternoon. I found a pair of black leather “biker shorts” that look and feel great. Best part is they were only $2.

Hi all, I've been wearing my 2.25 inch block heel ankle boots at work for some time now without any problems at all, lots of compliments though from my female colleagues; I guess men complimenting other men on their footwear isn't something that happens that much...... This is a pretty easy-going environment to work in happily (academic library). I'm constantly interacting with both colleagues and students and it's never been an issue. As I work late on Friday's (until 9.00pm) and things tend to quieten down a bit (managers and supervisors go home!), I've been taking advantage of this to be a little more adventurous; last Friday I changed for the evening shift into a pair of black patent Mary Janes with a 3 inch block heel, and then walked home in them after fininshing. They felt great and no-one seemed to care. For this evening I have my 3 inch black leather pumps/courts with a blade or chisel heel. I usually wear bootcut jeans so a lot of the shoe is hidden anyway, but the heel is still very noticeable. I'll be off to change in an hour or so for the evening. As I was walking home a couple of evenings ago, I saw a member of staff leaving at the same time, a different part of the campus though, probably central admin, and she was wearing the most gorgeous 5 inch heeled 'office shoes', not a pointed heel but not a block either. I would estimate at the base it was about half an inch in diameter and tapering up to the heel, broadening out. She had great legs and walked really well, and you could tell she was really comfortable wearing them, I was so envious! I shall keep my eyes open for her, and if I get the chance I say hi, and ask her where she got them. Sadly for me with feet of size (UK) 11, my options tend to be limited, but things do seem to be improving. I'm looking forward to this evening's work. Happy heeling guys, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

One more day of wearing boots with a 2” block heel to work. I’m sure everyone that was going to notice has and no one has said a thing other than the comment that I looked a little taller.

One thing I hadn’t mentioned is that I taught a class Wednesday and a follow up class today where I had a bunch of the folks in a conference room with me and I was standing at a white board for 3 hrs Wed and 1.5 hrs today.

Since it’s starting to warm up a bit I may have to wear something a little different. No stilettos but some other block heel may be in the offing.

Wearing boots really has been great.

Tosca -

Sounds like a great place to work. I spent 26 years in an academic environment and it really keeps you young, broke, but young.

Enjoy it.

I have been wearing boots to work every day for two weeks. I started with a blue pair of leather knee boots with a 2” block heel that I wore with jeans and some light colored slacks, and a brown pair of leather knee boots with a 1½” block heel that I wore with brown slacks. Most folks that have noticed don’t seem to care. I am wearing these boots under jeans and slacks but they don’t look like any other shoes the guys in the office are wearing. A couple of days ago I was wearing the blue boots and light slacks with a blue turtleneck. I asked one of the ladies I work with (who wears heeled boots all the time) if my boots looked bad. She took a good look at them (for the first time) and started to tell me they didn’t match my slacks and then realized they were women’s boots. She got a funny look on her face then recovered very quickly and looked at me again and said, “Oh, there Ok, they go with your shirt”. Talk about picking my chin up off the floor, she was more concerned with the overall look than one part. Since then I started wearing my brown boots with the brown slacks, and tomorrow (Friday) it will be blue jeans and the blue boots. I have a pair of black fabric boots with a 3½” heel that I’m thinking about trying with the light slacks. The light and brown slacks are new. They have a 34” inseam and I really should wear a 33” or the 34” with heels. Ain’t it nice to have choices? ;)

Today was a jeans day with blue leather boots having 2” block heels worn under my jeans. All went well. I told my lady friend that I had heeded her advice on color coordination. She looked at my boots and jeans then said, ”Right On” and gave me a double thumbs up.;):o It was a great start of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at the Goodwill at lunch and spotted a pair of yellowish tan suede slacks in a size 16. I normally wear a 14 but for $2.50 I can take them in a little. It turns out the 16 is loose enough to offer a lot of freedom of movement and are very comfortable. At the Goodwill I was wearing brown pants and brown knee boots with a white long sleeved turtleneck. I have been wearing boots to work for about 3 weeks now and no one seems bothered at all, and I really am enjoying them. The folks at the Goodwill have figured out all the stuff I buy is for me especially when I try on stuff (including leather skirts). I wore my new suede slacks out in the neighborhood tonight with a pair of black faux suede ankle boots with a 3” narrow block heel. I also wore my tan suede jacket. It didn’t look too bad either. I really liked the look of the boots worn under these slacks. I sure looks a whole lot better than it would look with guy shoes.

always remember tbg, you can ALWAYS take them IN, but you can NEVER make them BIGGER!! (so bigger in this case is certaintly better!!) oh by the way, what kind of pie were you making in your last video? (I am just wondering, hope you dont mind)

• 2 months later...

I haven’t mentioned this for a while so even though the weather has warmed up a good bit, I’m still wearing brown or blue knee boots with 1 2” block heel to work every chance I get. I just got the brown pair back from the cobbler where I had them resoled. I also had the heel redone with some quiet material. There are no sharp sounds coming from these boots even on a tile floor so wearing them at work is even more discreet. The other day I wore shoes to work and noticed my feet were getting cold (the A/C works) so the next day I was back in boots.

Elegant-

"That's a really nice pair of loafers"

Are you referring to the shoes, or us guys wearing boots at work? :sad: Or both? :wavey:

:smile:

Elegant-

"That's a really nice pair of loafers"

Are you referring to the shoes, or us guys wearing boots at work? :sad: Or both? :wavey:

:smile:

The shoes. No puns etc. intended.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 3 months later...

Recently I have had two folks at work mention something about my boots. I have been wearing a brown pair of knee high boots with 2” block heel under my slacks and a similar pair of blue boots under my jeans. The first was when I was sitting next to a guy and had my left ankle resting on my right knee. He looked at my boots and asked if the heel on those cowboy boots was comfortable. I said “Yeah there very comfortable, but they really aren’t cowboy boots. They come up to here” and indicated the top of the boots on my jeans. He seemed to have a problem getting his head around the notion they weren’t cowboy boots and were in fact women’s boots. The second comment was today. I had to attend a meeting in another building about a quarter of a mile away. I suggested walking over to the meeting. The guy I was with asked, “Are those heels ok to walk that far?” I said, “Sure, there quite comfortable.” He said, “I just can’t wear a heel. I had a pair of shoes with a heel a couple of years ago, and I just couldn’t walk in them.” (He was wearing a show with a flat heel.) We walked on over to the meeting.