New comfy boots

ShockQueen

I found these online on the Sexy Shoes website, and just couldn't pass them up!

Posted Image

I know the heels aren't way high, but they just look really stylish, and I like the detailing on 'em, so I sent off for them (express shipping natch), so they should be in next week! Yay!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

When I read the title and the author's name I thought "I'd better check this out, ShockQueen and comfy are not terms that go together!" Now I'm glad I did, awesome boots!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I found these online on the Sexy Shoes website, and just couldn't pass them up!

Posted Image

I know the heels aren't way high, but they just look really stylish, and I like the detailing on 'em, so I sent off for them (express shipping natch), so they should be in next week! Yay!

Impressive looking boots! And yeah, I've seen them before! Not to give you any ideas (regardless of if you'd act on them or not), but boots like those would go great with a long denim skirt, especially so the buckle ornament could be shown off. Just a suggestion.

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You're such a mindreader, JeffB! As a matter of fact, I've been perusing some online shops to see about getting a nice skirt to go with those. Denim I agree would look nice, but do you think something below the knee would be best? That was my thought, but wonder what you think as well.

Slight update......this is the skirt I bought from eBay to go with the new boots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280064742856&rd=1&rd=1

I'm sure they'll go wonderfully, and I hope this and the boots both arrive before we leave on holiday in 3 weeks to go back down to Denver. The combination just seems to comfy to pass up!

The boots arrived today, but although the foot has good room in it, the instep area gave the zipper an impasse, and wouldn't go past it. Not to worry though, since I took them to a shoe place here in town, and since they're made of suede, they said they'd be able to put them through their stretcher to give me more room. Once that's done, then they should be perfect. I SO love the feel of the suede, and the detailing on the heels - well, the pictures don't really do them enough justice - plus the package even came with replacement heelpads in case these wear out. I took my over-the-knee black leather 4" boots there too to get the heel taps replaced yet again, so by next week, I should have two pairs of boots to take with me on holiday. Until they arrive, I've been practicing in my nice knee-high black leather 5" boots. and yes.....PICTURES once the skirt comes in as well.

The skirt arrived today, but I guess I should look at descriptions better. It's from "Denim & CO", but was a black velvet skirt instead of a denim one (guess my eyes need work again - LOL). It's still a really nice one though!

I just ordered these today for next week. The laces should provide a bit more adjustment room than ones without:

Posted Image

These should look awesome with some nice cut jeans! That's my hope anyway.

I'll have the pics done up as soon as the first boots come back from the shop, so stay tuned!

I like both of those, although I'd prefer the first pair in black. After years of a definite preference for pointy toes and stiletto heels, I've started coming around to that sort of design for going out in as an alternative to my spiky ones. I have the same problem with the instep, I think it's because I have high arches, which ironically, I think is because I've been wearing heels since I can remember! Chris

Hey ShockQueen, I bought the same boots (black with laces) a couple of weeks ago from sexyshoes.com and just love them. They are very nice. They get alot of attention. I have had some nice comments on some of my other boots but these have received some of the best. I wore them a couple of days ago when I was out. I stopped into a shoe store in a nearby town to show my new boots off to a couple of the sales people that work there. They liked the style and couldn't believe they came in a size 14. Their store carries up to size 12 and 13 in some styles. I even received a great response from a tall young woman who saw me wearing them and said, "wow, what cool boots". She asked wear I bought them. I told her online at SexyShoes and she said she hadn't shopped online much. She said that she always felt better trying on shoes and boots before she made a purchase. I told her I new I could probably wear a 13 or 14 in them as they have a rounded toe. She said she normally wears 12W and 13s and wondered what size she should order because she really liked them. I said that she could try mine on if she wanted to get a better idea. She was so happy that I offered. So I unzipped each of my boots and handed them to her. She took off her pumps and put on my boots. I said Wow, they do look good with jeans. She walked around in them and said they were a little big, that a 13 would do for her, but she would even wear my 14s around because they were some of the coolest boots she has seen or tried on. Then she said,"I think I have found my newest pair of boots for my collection" with a laugh and winked at me. The sales staff said she should get them too. Even though my boots were little too big for her I was getting a little nervous that she didn't want to take them off as she started carrying on a conversation with some of the store employees at the front counter and even answered a call on her cell phone and mentioned she found a pair of boots. Finally I told her I needed to go and needed my boots back. She asked if she could trade her pumps for my boots. I said,"sorry, no chance". I got her to take them off and give them back to me. I wrote down the website for her to go and place an order. Maybe I should be in sales for sexyshoes. Just thought I would post.

Perhaps you should at that, CincyHeelLover! Sounds like you have a really cool adventure there - not to mention almost losing your newest acquisition! I guess I'll have to be careful showing mine off, as I know I wouldn't want to lose mine either. :wink: Now to just get more manufacturers to come out with nice stylish boots in OUR size!

I think the brown boots are going to need some more stretching in the calf/ankle area before I can get them zipped up all the way, but the black ones arrived today, and after doing a little lace adjusting, they fit PERFECTLY! I can't wait to give them a fair spin down in Denver next week!