Reality television

I know that I watch alot of reality television. I watch from I Love NY on VH1 to Trauma Life in the ER, to MerrKat Manor on Animal Planet. My question for all of you is do you think that reality television reflects real life? And what show(s) do you feel do or do not do this? Tex :wink:

I don't watch anything labeled reality, because then it probably isn't (Just like the People's Republic of China is not by the people at all). How about American Chopper? Is that reality? Probably. It's pretty wild, but sort of fascinating.

I don't watch anything labeled reality, because then it probably isn't (Just like the People's Republic of China is not by the people at all). How about American Chopper? Is that reality? Probably. It's pretty wild, but sort of fascinating.

Much like BobHH, I don't watch it either. Not because it isn't reality, but because it IS! I have more than enough stress in my life without artificially pumping things up.

Speaking of pump... oh sorry, that's another thread.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I don't watch it. Most of it is just drama and often has a little scriptting in it. Like on real world when they go out to bars and stuff MTV arranges for them to have free drinks. Drunk, attrative people=drama. And a friend of mines pointed this out to me yesterday, on a lot of those dating shows, like Next, and Flavor of Love, you see some of the same people.

It's all good. ~Arron.

I don't watch it. Most of it is just drama and often has a little scriptting in it. Like on real world when they go out to bars and stuff MTV arranges for them to have free drinks. Drunk, attrative people=drama.

On these shows people may be given free things, like drinks at a bar, but would they not act that way that they are acting even if the cameras were not there???

On these shows people may be given free things, like drinks at a bar, but would they not act that way that they are acting even if the cameras were not there???

Maybe they very well could, I mean we all can get a little crazy when we're drunk, but the point I was trying to make is just the drama that some of these shows producers try to cause. I mean young attratve 20 something college kids getting FREE drinks. That is a perfect recipie for good ol raiting increasing reality tv drama. Which is why they do it. I do whole party, bar hopping, clubbing and I can only imagine the kinds of hilarity that would ensue if someone open pandora's box and gave my friends and I free alcohol at a bar.

It's all good. ~Arron.

My life has been much happier without TV for 3 years now and I haven't missed a thing. I refuse to pay for a bunch of idiots to act stuped in front of millions of people and just how many news, talk shows, adds,and other worthless stations do you really need. Just think, if we didn't have remote control and had to get up to turn the channel, how big would the selector have to be for all the worthless stations? I would say bigger than the TV. Thars just me. I feel better now. Besides who has time for tv when there is a great and wonderfull website like this to play with all day? LOL

real men wear heels

Jonnieheels - your so right. I've got a tiny little telly - with only the four free channels on it. I watch it about once a month. I was sick last week and watched programmes about hapless people trying to sell junk in their garden and so on. And then big brother, watching a load of people sit in a house bitching at each other. I don't know how people find time to watch it. I hate it on as background - and I suppose that stemmed from my time as an ambulance man, where the telly would be on constantly in the station when we weren't out on a job. I'm lucky in that Mrs F feels exactly the same as me about it. I didn't have a telly for about a year, I left mine at a friend's house so I wouldn't have to pay the license. Now that was a job persuading the TV License people that I didn't have one. They eventually left me alone - after about six months of me inviting them to search my house.

My life has been much happier without TV for 3 years now and I haven't missed a thing. I refuse to pay for a bunch of idiots to act stuped in front of millions of people and just how many news, talk shows, adds,and other worthless stations do you really need. Just think, if we didn't have remote control and had to get up to turn the channel, how big would the selector have to be for all the worthless stations? I would say bigger than the TV. Thars just me. I feel better now. Besides who has time for tv when there is a great and wonderfull website like this to play with all day? LOL

Is cool, man. I'm about ready to chuck megavision for megareality, know what I'm saying? I spent to much time behind the tube. Bout time I spent time hanging with my friends instead of making excuses, watching this movie or that.

I watch a lot of cartoons, like the Adult Swim shows on Cartoon network. Watch some music videos. I try to watch the news and read the news as well. But for the most part my TV stays on Cartoon Network. I wish there was a Hong Kong action movie channel. I don't like any of the sitcoms, or Dramas that are comming on nowadays. Don't know why. They just don't appeal to me for some odd reason.

It's all good. ~Arron.

I stick to sports, the ultimate in reality television. The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat and the jealousy of what pro athletes make! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

I stick to sports, the ultimate in reality television.

Would you consider sporting events on the tele reality television?? Here in America sometimes they are just as fixed as the reality TV shows. (there was the guy - I think that it was Jonny Bench - that got busted for throwing his own games because he had bet on them)