Fashion styles and trends how do they start?

fj

I just want to get your opinions. I've opened up a challenge to a group on another message board (http://venus.beseen.com/boardroom/c/48760/). This particular group as with myself are avid platform thong sandal wearers. I'm trying to find a way to encourage the troops and get them out of the closet so to speak. Most have stated that they like wearing this style for reasons such as the so called "crushing" hobby, strange but true. Others make the attempt to wear them casually but only in the utmost secrecy such as a very late night stroll. When this fashion first hit the streets with women I would imagined that some were reluctant to give them a try in that they were at the time somewhat extreme! Now there are very common place. My thinking is with today's young fashions, baggy pants and big tennis shoes (sketchers) the platform sandal look and style shouldn't be too much of a departure from the norm. However I know that when it comes to men, they tend to focus on fashion not style, and that fashion is sometimes very drab. What type of trend or situation in your opinion would be necessary to entice manufactures like Nomad, Volatile, and Rocket Dog to add men to their sizing charts? What situation would make it worth their while? How does a trend get started?

Oh, if we could just get David Beckham to do it, then we'd be sorted... Apparently, there's been an outbreak of men in pink nail varnish since DB did that one :smile:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Someone like, say, George Bush Jr. playing sand volleyball in a pair?? :drinking:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks