Flying in heels

geo_t

For flying cross country, should I wear heels?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. For flying cross country, should I wear heels?

• Be confident and wear only heels the whole trip
    • Wear heels but be prepared to take them off for security
    • Wear sneakers and take heels in your bag
    • Leave the heels at home to avoid security issues
    • Buy a pair there and ship them home
    • Take the train and wear what you want

Did a Las Vegas trip this last week... Packed the 5 inch stilleto oxfords in my computer bag/brief along with long jeans. Changed after security (no probs). Got to board early - I think a few noticed the heels walking in the concourse - even though not much showed. No comments or concerns. I even boarded the airplane without poking holes through the walkway even at 220lbs. Managed to keep the shoes on the whole flight -though they were a bit tight after we gained altitude. I think if i took them off it would be hard to get them on without a shoe horn. More looks at baggage claim, but no complaints or comments. Good flight - nice heeling.

Did a Las Vegas trip this last week... Packed the 5 inch stilleto oxfords in my computer bag/brief along with long jeans. Changed after security (no probs). Got to board early - I think a few noticed the heels walking in the concourse - even though not much showed. No comments or concerns. I even boarded the airplane without poking holes through the walkway even at 220lbs.

Managed to keep the shoes on the whole flight -though they were a bit tight after we gained altitude. I think if i took them off it would be hard to get them on without a shoe horn. More looks at baggage claim, but no complaints or comments.

Good flight - nice heeling.

The previous discussion on poking holes in the flooring had to do with the early days of the "jet-setters" when the floors were not engineered to withstand the assault of fashion. Today's aircraft have well designed structures that are both light and durable. Some of the structures in today's aircraft are so light that you can easily hold them in your hand, and yet tough enough to withstand hammer blows! So I seriously doubt that you will ever again hear of shoes poking holes in aircraft floors.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that after a month this thread is about to vanish into obscurity. Somebody out there, help me save this thread! ;) Don't tell me that everybody has suddenly quit flying?:o

I flew to London last week-end, the heel-meet u know :smile: When going there I wore 2" block heeled knee boots but on my return flight I was actually too tired, both in my mind and my feet, that I didn't bother to wear any heels at all. I did plan to change at the airport after security check but I had a meal and got stuck in a magazine while eating. Then when I looked at the screen it said "Gate closing" and I had to run to the gate. I was the very last person to board the plane! And I was at the airport 2 h 40 m before. Lesson learned; do not think you have all the time in the world just because you arrive early.

So I cheated on wearing heels on my flight home but some compensation was made in London where I wore heels most of the time for five days.

Any one here in Dubai Airport last week?

Caught sight of a man in white wedge heels, going the oposite way. the place was packed and he looked totaly confident.

Envy is a terrible thing!

That's the way it's done! Put 'em on and wear 'em with confidence. ;) Pretty soon you can slip the surly bonds of earth...

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels