For the Summer step up to the platform challenge

fj

This is for all of you guys who have so far dared to challenge the norm and push the outer edges of the men’s fashion envelope. I’ve noticed that in response to whether or not you wear your platform thongs as casual sandals or in public. Most responded that they only wear them for crushing various small objects and things, or very late at night for the evening stroll, very cool …. However the real test of your commitment to style is wearing them in ordinary casual situations. Will this fashion statement always be one that is forever hidden away, or will it some day soon be accepted into the mainstream? You choose, you be the judge. Therefore I’m making a challenge to all who are interested to find the courage one day, one evening, to step up, and step out. Let’s compare notes on the best and the worst of our experiences? I think in reality we’ll have more positive experiences than negative ones. How about it?

Fj, well written. For all those men that secretly fancy wearing high heels in public (and I'm sure there are many here), your message must be a welcome support. It is not something I fancy myself. For me, wearing high heels is part of the intimacy I share with my girlfriend. But that is just personal and everybody should decide that for himself. If wearing high heels outside is what you like, go for it! Mark

Here's the list of shoes/boots (condensed) I choose from for my daily wear: 1) 4" chunky heeled mid-platform mules. 2) 4" chunky heeled mid-platform ankle boots. (black pair and brown pair) 3) 3.5" chunky heeled mid-platform ankle boots. 4) 3" chunky heeled mid-platform calf high boots. (beige pair and black pair) 5) 4" medium chunky heeled mid-platform knee high boots. 6) 3" wedge heeled shoes with monk strap. 7) 3" heeled mid-platform shoes. Note: mid-platform means platform sole at or below 1" in thickness. You'll notice that I don't have stiletto heeled anything. I also don't wear blade heeled anything. This isn't because I'm afraid to, but rather, I don't think they would add anything to my look. I simply don't own ANY shoes that I'm not willing to wear in public. I think you'll also find that the majority of those who post here wear whatever style(s) they like in public regularly too. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

I've been wearing a pair of these all summer and have had almost 100% no reaction to them. They're about 2 1/2 inch heels and 1 1/4 inch platform. The one reaction was a 20 or so year old couple in a store entryway. As I walked up to the door, their previously animated conversation stopped abruptly, their mouths dropped open, and they continued to stare until I was out of sight. I've seen calmer reactions to 4 inch spikes.

Posted Image

These are also from Payless and about 3 1/2 inch heels, 2 1/4 platform. There's something indescribable about wearing them, I get the biggest rush, they're so comfortable and tall. I've seen more people notice these, but since they're wide, round toe, black, heavy looking, with jeans, size 12, they look like they belong and nobody wants to mess with me!

It's been a fun Summer.

Well the heels i own are mostly all chunky heeled boots that i gladly wear openly in public hiding nothing, i do have 1 or 2 fetish style heels but thats just for fun, and i really dont like those thong type sandals, its like a giant flip flop to me, Not my cup of tea, i prefer my ankle boots 99% of the time, even in the summer.....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!