The ancient attraction of Red Pumps

Zero

Okay so I have been away for a while. No problem. It doesn't mean I have given up the fashionable hobby of hh wearing ^^

I have not much time to chat so I display the pictures below now:

These are my newest additions

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Forgive the quality of my cellphone's digital pictures.

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

I find it interesting that the title of this thread is "The ancient attraction of Red Pumps." The color red has always been symbolic with prolific women, having to do with the physiological response (blood flush) when a woman is eroused. This is most noticeable in the lips, which is why women tend to wear red lipstick, as it's merely an accentuation of the natural response (most women do so subconsciously), but studies have shown that women in bars wearing red lipstick are more than twice as likely to be picked up than those who aren't. The color red has (also, subconsciouly) come to symbolize, via any avenue of expression, be it a dress, scarf, or heels, that the woman wearing it is putting out some sort of signal, and quite often, that's true. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to discover that women are into colors way more than men, whether it's via clothes or the color of one's wall paint. This phenomena has been studied to death and the answer that keeps surfacing is that it's simply the way gender-related chemicals formed our brains from birth. I prefer clothing that ranges from off-white to black, with few colors except blue, red, and a dark forest green. What does that make me? I haven't a clue, so I'll stop here!

Yes well I got these from Silhouette store in Rotterdam, not far from the central station if you choose to walk. Or just visit http://www.silhouette.nl/html/nederlands/index.htm

They costed me 50 Euro and bought them with a friend of mine. She loved seeing me walking on them and she doesn't mind a guy in heels. Though her parents do sadly.

But I haven't yet tried them on in public. Though the urge keeps pushing me to do so... it is just the cold season of the year that keeps me from doing it. Instead I just walk on high heel boots. Oh I forgot to mention the height. Well they are 11 cm high and I can walk on them better than my 9 cm boots with block heel. This is because of the foot support coming from below, which is extra important to me.

Anyway I love all your responds and I keep you people posted. Keep track on me because I will be using this thread for updates.

in a cruel endless game,

than to die in shame!

http://www.empyrrian.com/topicdisplay.php?tid=249&page=11#5575

New pictures of me have arrived. Thanks to my mothers ultimate camera that I found somewhere open without any owner, these fine quality pictures were made by it.

I never thought I'd succeed in looking like a hipster :wink:

in a cruel endless game,

than to die in shame!

I'm certainly impressed with Zero's pics. I agree that it takes a considerable amount of chutzpah to wear red, especially red patent as it does indeed dominate an outfit and draws attention like no other color can save perhaps for pink. Well done, Zero! Well done!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wow, great look! Have you worn that outfit in public yet? and if you have, what adventures can you tell us about?

yes, I have displayed it outside. Had to. I didn't have other shoes with me when I visited my mother. Well, the adventures are not really concidered adventures unless going to Amsterdam or a different country. I have had most impressive positive comments from friends who follow an unusual classy style as well as I. I am constantly being encouraged to keep walking on my favorite shoes.

in a cruel endless game,

than to die in shame!

That works so well. You've got what it takes to make that work. I like the decor too. That's your mum's place - I noticed the photo in the silver frame and when I got to the bottom found out it's your grandad. I'll have to find the photo of my dad in his army uniform. He was such a good looking guy - but sad to say had no confidence in himself - that's another story.