Is your avatar really you?

Fog

• 2 weeks later...

So is your avatar really you? Yes, always

Why did you choose that picture? I generally show my favourites.

If your avatar is an image of someone else, why? No, my images are always mine, of me, or of my heels. Unless I'm illustrating a style i like.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2007‎-‎01‎-‎18 at 3:51 AM, Fog said:

This is a question I've pondered often when reading posts here. I read the post, look at the avatar and wonder is that a picture of the poster. So is your avatar really you? Why did you choose that picture? and If your avatar is an image of someone else, why? BTW mine is me - it's a bit of an odd photo, but I just like that veiw of the heel. Shame about the chair leg.

Yes, my avatar is one of the first pictures of a new pair of boots that arrived in the mail right before I joined this place.  I chose the picture because it shows everything that I like about a good pair of boots: tall shaft hugging the calves, 3/4 welt, narrow toe, and of course a decent heel.  I realize it's not exactly a high heel, but I am addicted to the lift that it does give which is why I have joined here to try to get to the next level!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, like all my other avatars, it is me - and time for an update.  The previous avatar had been up of more than six months.  The current pic is a pair of sandals that I have had for several years now.  I forgot the style name but they are made by VanEli, one of my favorite brands.  The shoes are a low heel, 2 inch strappy thong wedge that is very comfortable.  These sandals get a fair amount of wear and I enjoy being out in them.  Here is a pic with higher resolution.  Have fun all....   sf

IMG_9881.jpg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes it is me, as are all my previous avatars.  To celebrate summer (yay) and memorialize Payless, this avatar is a pair of wedgie thongs that are from Payless Shoes.  The wife and I got a pair a few years ago.  Do not remember the style name, but they look great and are very comfortable with a wedge heel of slightly more than 2 inches.  Attached is a larger picture.  

I am very sad to see Payless go, they have been in my life since I was a teen.  My first pair of gals sandals was from a Payless store in San Diego, a long time ago.  Yesterday I was shopping in a Payless store and bought a pair of ankle strap sandals that I am sure I will enjoy this summer.  Thanks Payless it has been fun....   sf

IMG_9839.jpg

Edited by SF
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WenHH said:

Yes it is me and my tight high leather'ish pointy stiletto boots ! 

The classic boots a lot of us dream about wearing all day and night long. Nice shot!

• Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 1 month later...

From you photo software (I use simple Windows Photo Gallery).

First crop the picture.

Then under OPEN  open up Paint

Under IMAGE chose Resize/Skew

Remember it's multiplicative, so a 50% reduce in both directions corresponds to a 75% reduce in size.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 8:20 AM, SF said:

Yes, like all my other avatars, it is me - and time for an update.  The previous avatar had been up of more than six months.  The current pic is a pair of sandals that I have had for several years now.  I forgot the style name but they are made by VanEli, one of my favorite brands.  The shoes are a low heel, 2 inch strappy thong wedge that is very comfortable.  These sandals get a fair amount of wear and I enjoy being out in them.  Here is a pic with higher resolution.  Have fun all....   sf

Excellent sandals.  I have a pair from Val Eli, though not so similar to yours.

I do have a pair of Clark's low-heeled (no-heeled, is more like it) sandals that I've worn pretty much ever day for something like 8 years.  I cannot believe how durable they've been, not to mention comfortable.  I've only worn them on my own carpeted floors (except the kitchen and BA), so the soul is mostly there, and the leather foot bed remains in astonishingly good shape, as well.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, Foxyheels said:

No because I can’t work out how to make the photo I want to use small enough to upload.

I have the same problem

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, Cali said:

From you photo software (I use simple Windows Photo Gallery).

First crop the picture.

Then under OPEN  open up Paint

Under IMAGE chose Resize/Skew

Remember it's multiplicative, so a 50% reduce in both directions corresponds to a 75% reduce in size.

I guess I have cheap software, don't see any of these options but will keep trying....D

I have a difficult time working with resizing photos as well, so you aren’t alone.  One “work around” that I have had some success with is to take pictures at a lower resolution setting. This will make the picture size smaller to start with and that alone may be small enuff for posting. Good luck!     sf....

No,it is not me. It is a picture from the motorcowboy.com website...I own a pair of boots exactly like the ones in the picture and is shows them better than any pics that I have taken myself. They custom make boots of all types...check them out,you might find something that you have to have.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, pebblesf said:

I have the same problem

I guess I have cheap software, don't see any of these options but will keep trying....D

If you're using Windows, download the free program Irfanview: https://www.irfanview.com/

It has simple tools for resizing images. Lots of other useful tools too, without being complicated to use. It's also an excellent image viewer.

If you're using Linux or Mac I don't know what's available.

Generally it's better to start with a high resolution image and then resize it. If you start with a low res image it will have artifacts that make it harder to compress it further.

Edited by at9

3 hours ago, at9 said:

If you're using Windows, download the free program Irfanview: https://www.irfanview.com/

It has simple tools for resizing images. Lots of other useful tools too, without being complicated to use. It's also an excellent image viewer.

Generally it's better to start with a high resolution image and then resize it. If you start with a low res image it will have artifacts that make it harder to compress it further.

Well, I found that my pictures weren't being opened with the proper program, so opened it with the windows photo program, and was able to follow the instructions given by Cali...Still kind of bumbling around with the program, but have been able to make it work....Thanks Cali....

8 hours ago, at9 said:

For linux users: GIMP image editor works well...

• Like 1

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 1 month later...

Yes it is me, and time for an avatar picture change.  I had forgotten about these sandals, I have had them for about 8 years and recently found them in the bottom of a box after moving.  I got these thongs at Target.  When I saw them I just had to have a pair.  They have a 2 inch heel, which is perfect for me, and are size 11.  I thought the kitten heel would make for difficult walking but that has not been the case.  The sandals are quite easy to wear.  The wife also has a pair in red, occasionally we will wear the same sandals out together.  Here a are a few pics of higher resolution.  Have fun....   sf  

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

• 8 months later...

Yes it is, and time for a change.  This avatar is a pair of "cheapo" Fioni sandals from Payless Shoes (I certainly miss Payless) that I have had for a few years and absolutely love.  Wish I had gotten a second pair, sigh.  They have a 2 1/2 inch heel, slip on-off easily, look classy and are comfortable.  The larger heel is stable for walking.  These sandals are fun for errands, dining out or just running around town.  I would like to get another similar pair, but I have yet to find a similar style.  Still looking !!!  

IMG_3923.jpg