Is your avatar really you?

Fog

Well, I suppose you're right. After all I would have been long gone by now if that was not the case. Sometimes you need a reality check and who else is there to address reality here other than me??

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

This is a question I've pondered often when reading posts here. I read the post, look at the avatar and wonder is that a picture of the poster.

So is your avatar really you?

Why did you choose that picture?

and

If your avatar is an image of someone else, why?

BTW mine is me - it's a bit of an odd photo, but I just like that veiw of the heel. Shame about the chair leg.

Answer to question 1: No.

Answer to question 2: I chose that visual because that is one of the sexiest high heels that I have ever seen on a woman's foot.

Answer to question 3: It's a visual of someone else because I myself cannot wear high heel pumps.

:headphones:   :cowboy:     Come and visit our Youtube Channel now!    :cowboy:    :headphones:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it "was" me. I tried to change my avatar but the system wouldn't let me. So.... I deleted my avatar hoping that may have been the problem. Still can not upload an avatar picture. Until I figure it out I will be Mr. Anonymous avatar..... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 months later...

I ended up with Lady penelope from thunderbirds. Very near to the mark but not near enough as was kindly pointed out by one of

Err is thunderbirds that 70's cartoonish show with dolls and whatnot with a flying aircraft carrier or is my memory total shit? If so that show creeped me out as a kid, can't stand watching dolls being animated. Only ever seen it once when my dad watched it as a kid, even doctor who was less scary to me at that age.

Yes. Lady Penelope is a perfect English lady and Parker, her butler, infinitely resourceful. Much like Amanda and her butler, I imagine. And the fact that you're scared of that shows why we once ruled the world ;) By the way, RIP Gerry Anderson.

Yes. Lady Penelope is a perfect English lady and Parker, her butler, infinitely resourceful. Much like Amanda and her butler, I imagine. And the fact that you're scared of that shows why we once ruled the world ;) By the way, RIP Gerry Anderson.

I'm scared of dolls, they are so not natural. Don't even know about the show to be honest, the way they moved always caused me to go read a book.

That is me in my avatar.

And STILL one of the very best here! And yes, that's me in my avatar, short skirt and all.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes it is me. Its something I don't wear a lot. I had to go to work in the middle of the night and was there by myself so I wore them to work.

And STILL one of the very best here! And yes, that's me in my avatar, short skirt and all.

It helps when you get some one else taking the photo for you. This was taken at a heel meet about 3 years ago. Not to sure about the brown top. I think a black polo neck top would be better

Yes it is me.

Its something I don't wear a lot. I had to go to work in the middle of the night and was there by myself so I wore them to work.

Hot looking wedges--I like them!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I changed mine several times this morning. inspired by Megan. Off I went on a search for a cartoon character who typified my own.

I ended up with Lady penelope from thunderbirds. Very near to the mark but not near enough as was kindly pointed out by one of our members.

I felt like I needed a change so you'll have to put up with the silly one of me in a hat as there aren't any cartoon charactors, or in fact any living human specimins who are quite like me.

It could be anyone I know but I cant really afford to be recognised as a member. Especially not now that the site has been taken over by male heel wearing activists and the like. In fact, I'm not sure why I'm still here. Can anyone answer that????

x

Why???

Because we like you!!

Fair enough?

I agree with the former, you and Megan make interesting comments and are taken on board, so much better than reading about make up and dresses.

life is not a rehearsal

After being "avatar less" for some time, yes - it is me, well my sandals at least. I finally figured out how to post an avatar after the site was "revamped" a few months ago. Apparently my camera at it's lowest setting takes a picture that is to large for an avatar. I had to take some pics, then resize them to a smaller format, what a pain in the @#$%&. The sandals are a pair of "Connie" wedge thongs that I bought a few years ago. I wear them all the time, they are very comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

My latest avatar update.. A pair of "Annie" Venice thongs from Zappos, size 12. They have a 2 1/2 inch heel and are very comfortable. I get a lot of compliments when I wear them. I like the style, a simple thong. Attached is a higher resolution picture - if I can get it to work....

post-230-0-83594300-1363193137_thumb.jpg

It helps when you get some one else taking the photo for you. This was taken at a heel meet about 3 years ago. Not to sure about the brown top. I think a black polo neck top would be better

I disagree. The pairing of the top and your shoes worked to perfection. Well done!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

Another avatar update.... A pair of size 11 heeled thongs with a 2 inch heel that I purchased a few years ago from Newport News. I really like the ring detail and the contrasting brown stacked heel. Very comfortable to wear also. Attached is a higher res photo... sf

post-230-0-28424100-1366898365_thumb.jpg

Yep, my avatar is me. Taken September of 2011 in San Francisco by a fellow heeler friend of mine who lurks on here occasionally. He and his wife and my wife and I vacation together once a year and have a great time heeling (and hosing)! This photo was taken of me at a bus stop for the hop-on hop-off city tour of San Francisco that we did together that trip. It was in full view of the public. Non-event of course. Never noticed anyone noticing. I am wearing Aerosoles "Platonic" sandals with a 3.5" heel and a pair of Activskin black A849 tights (www.activskin.com). The heels were great for walking up some of San Francisco's steep hills, but were a challenge walking down! Steve