Is your avatar really you?

Fog

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have to excuse may avatar? No, it is not me - it is just one pump/ court shoe. I am using this avatar in many communities. If you want to know who I am or how I look like, you have to regard my other threads.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• 2 weeks later...

It is me, or should I say "I."

'It is me' (or 'This is me') is correct as 'me' is the object of the sentence (impliedly 'This is a picture of me'). But when we announce ourselves, as on the phone, with 'It is me', we are the subject of the implied statement 'I am here/speaking', so 'It is I' is strictly correct there. 'It is me' is of course a perfectly acceptable colloquialism and most of us use it.

'It is me' (or 'This is me') is correct as 'me' is the object of the sentence (impliedly 'This is a picture of me'). But when we announce ourselves, as on the phone, with 'It is me', we are the subject of the implied statement 'I am here/speaking', so 'It is I' is strictly correct there. 'It is me' is of course a perfectly acceptable colloquialism and most of us use it.

Puffer,

I stand corrected: In this case, "It is me", would be correct.

OK, class dismissed!

Gary

Puffer,

I stand corrected: In this case, "It is me", would be correct.

OK, class dismissed!

Gary

You are welcome, Gary. So, no detention for you this time - nor the cane (unless you insist). :irked:

You are welcome, Gary. So, no detention for you this time - nor the cane (unless you insist). :irked:

Puffer,

I had one year (first grade) of the Sisters of No Mercy; they wouldn't ask if you wanted a swat, they freely gave! I guess it's kind of like "shoot first and ask questions later"! :smile:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, and I just changed it yesterday. Those are a pair of Kelly and Katie heeled thongs that my wife got for me a few months ago. It was a suprise. She got a pair for herself and also got me a pair!! Cool gal she is..... I have worn them out a few times, very comfy and the look really nice.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"