New Boots Slick Heels

Thighbootguy

I just bought a pair of Payless Mason boots. These are a knee length black stretch fabric upper with a 3½” block heel and a round toe. I really like the look and feel of the boots and it was great walking around in them in the store. The first time I wore them out, however, was a different matter.

I normally wear a 5” stiletto and I know how much pressure I can put on a heel tip and I also know the value of keeping the heel tips in good shape. I was not expecting to have problems with a 3½” block heel. The Bigg’s where I shop keeps their floor at a good polish, especially in the morning when I’m normally there. I manage this floor in stilettos all the time but the first time my block heel hit the floor it slid forward and I had to catch my balance. Several steps later the heel kicked out sideways and I almost fell. I muttered several bad words. I started walking much more carefully. When I came back to the spot where the keel kicked out, I noticed there was a big black mark on the newly polished floor. I may have to have a different heel plate put on these boots that is a little softer than the plastic one they came with.

I normally wear thigh boots over jeans or slacks and most people glance then politely ignore me. I was wearing these knee length boots over slacks and everyone managed to stop and look at them. I got more attention in knee length boots then thigh boots! The looks actually seemed to be more disapproving. I know this was a small sample and I’ll have to wear them some more to be sure of the reaction. It was not what I was expecting. These really are a very conservative boot.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Maybe they were expecting your usual thighboots and were disappointed?

Heh! You beat me to the punch, Bob! TBG, the world around you is used to what you usually wear, so I'm guessing they weren't ready for the curve you threw them. Just a thought.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nope, this was a bunch of folks that had never seen me before, or at least I didn't recognize them. There was even a new register clerk. I suspect that not being quite so "over the top" allowed people to pay more attention. But like I said, that was a small sample. I didn't go out today but I'll let you know how it goes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I’ve worn my new boots for two more morning shopping trips to Biggs and I think the addition attention I got the first day was a statistical anomaly. The past two mornings no one seemed to notice or care. The slick heel problem is a different matter. Yesterday I made an effort to be careful walking on the slick floor and I still had a heel kick out, leaving another black mark on the floor. Today, I reduced my stride a bit and that seemed to solve the problem. The way I normally walk must apply pressure to the heel at the wrong angle. I do like the looks of these knee length boots and the weather has gotten cold enough that I appreciate how warm they keep my feet and legs.

I’ve worn my new boots for two more morning shopping trips to Biggs and I think the addition attention I got the first day was a statistical anomaly. The past two mornings no one seemed to notice or care.

Perhaps they took out a full-page add stating, "Oh, and when you visit our store, please try not to pay any attention to the guy wearing thigh-high boots..."

While that might be an interesting marketing trick, it's far more likely it was nothing more than a statistical anomaly as you suggested!

dr1819-

Ah, a delightful example of the lost art of the droll wit.:academic:

Another newspaper ad might have been:

Rednecks shop early.

Plenty of parking and we don't care about the rust you leave in the parking lot.

There’s at least one odd guy to look at every morning every morning.

That way if I don't stop in, they can look at each other and be satisfied.:wink:

We had our first noticeable snow this morning. Several years ago I learned the shoveling snow is stilettos didn’t work too well so ...

I pulled on a pair of black leather slacks and these boots:

Posted Image

9West boots

I grabbed a snow shovel and went out to play in the snow. I managed to clear the walk without breaking or straining anything and it was early enough that there wasn’t anyone else to notice what I was wearing.

The boots are a little small and I am not too keen on the heel (bigger at the bottom than the top) but they are 9West leather boots and they will stretch a bit with wear. There wasn’t any salt on the sidewalk so it seemed a perfect opportunity to take them out.

TBG:-) I know exactly what you are saying about the plastic heel tips being slippery. I have to watch myself when walking on highly polished floors in our local Giant Eagle and some of the Mall stores. It is worse when your heel tips are wet upon entering the store. It just must be the way that we are setting down our heels. I have noticed that my heel tips wear first on the outside rear part on both heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!