Superman Returns

dr1819

I'm in the middle of watching Superman Returns, and I couldn't help but notice the height of Lois Lane's heels. In one scene (at 1:19:56 into the movie), she's playing with them, and the camera pans her heels in a close-up while she's doing so. In nearly all of the other scenes, she's wearing high heels, as well, and in many of them, they provide close-ups!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of watching Superman Returns, and I couldn't help but notice the height of Lois Lane's heels. In one scene (at 1:19:56 into the movie), she's playing with them, and the camera pans her heels in a close-up while she's doing so.

In nearly all of the other scenes, she's wearing high heels, as well, and in many of them, they provide close-ups!

Call it the "success formula". After a few decades of tinkering around, Hollywood now knows that sexy young starlets in racy costumes, aided and abetted by flashy heels is just about guarenteed to pull 'em in at the box office.

I really hate the Batman flicks because of their generally negative undertones, but almost all of the women wear racy costumes and high heels in them.

For that matter, I can remember some of the old Sinbad movies of the late '40s and '50s that depicted some really racy Arabian Nights themes with the females (Lilly St. Cyre?) wearing some very provocative outfits and heels.

And for that matter, how about Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra wearing heels? Don't believe me? You really have to look for it :wink:, but in a couple of scenes in the second half with Marc Anthony you can slow down her walking scenes and if you look carefully for the tell-tale gait, sure enough, under her long flowing gowns you can see her heels or their shadows!

Like I said earlier, Hollywood knows what sells at the box office and so they usually play the sex card whenever they can.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 10 months later...

i have yet to see the movie. Maybe someone out there that frequents this great site here can start a topic about movies which feature high heels. How about this lady - the lovely Kim Basinger, in "Batman". She's got some killer white pumps on. The Joker, if anyone remembers the movie, takes one of the pumps, which comes off her foot, kisses it, and throws it down the stairwell of that tower he's carrying her up, towards the end of the movie. I made an animated gif of that scene, and put it on my desktop, by the way. I have to see Superman Returns, now!