They certainly dont make them like they used too!

LukeVibertUK

Since I like Gothic scene chicks (and some of them are really simmilar to Bettie), my definition of attractivity doesn't go with today's standards :wink:. But DILLIGAS about this? Everyone is different and most of those "standards" are a crime against individuality.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

In my books absolutly! I just think it is a shame that the style and dimension and look of the shoes havnt managed to survive the passage of time. Of course we still have high heel shoes but somehow these are "different". I remember a long time ago someone was trying to set up a company on here that was going to design and sell fetish footwear with a vintage bent to them and be very similar in appearance to those in the clips. I never did find the site/shop.

If I get a chance in the next few days, I'll scan the 1958 catalogue that I have for Regent's Shoes, the Soho based store that made a lot of shoes for the theatre. It's worth looking at the styles that were available then. (And even proves that ballet boots aren't a modern day idea).

• 4 weeks later...