Long Pants....

tallguyinheels

So when I wear my heels in public I go for the more stealthy approach - I cover them - at least when standing - with long pants. But mainly because all of my heels are 4 to 6 inch stillettos. That's about all I can find in by size 14-15. Also the tall heel and long pants work for me - at least I like the look in the mirror. I have a disproportionate long torso. I have also stuck with the oxford style shoe - the lacing helps secure the shoe and let me walk confidently. So, in spite of the hollidays, I have been losing some weight, so I needed some new slacks. To get them hemmed right, I decided to go to a men's store where you buy the slacks unfinished, and they will mark and tailor the length to fit. Of course, this leads to a little embarrassment, first, the stores are almost always attended by salesmen. I've always deflected the embarrassment by using a story, "I lost a bet with some female collegues at work about heels and that I think women should wear them more often, and they shouldn't be that uncomfortable. So I said, 'I bet I could wear heels.' and they called me on it." So then I will show my heels - and ask if they can fit me a pair of slacks to them. This time, the sales guys, two of them, look at the shoes - 5 inch black leather oxfords - and they both grimmaced, and said, "Boy those look painful". I told them, "No, they weren't that bad. I ordered them off the internet, and have already tried them on a bit to see how they feel." The rest went smoothly, I tried on the charcoal slacks - long rise pleated gaberdine - with the heels, they marked the hem for a cuff about 1 inch off the ground "full break" they said. They cautioned me to be careful standing in the heels. Of course, I stand up an move with no problems, even turning and discussing the fit of the trousers, pleated vs. not pleated, what I planned to wear with them, etc. " When finished, I added, "See I really don't thing heels are so difficult!" Then went to change back into my street clothes. I pick them up on Friday. When paying, I thanked them for their service, and I said, "Who knows, I might start a brand new fashion trend!" The sales guy I was working with was quick and said, "That would be great for us... We'd get a lot of new business!" I smiled, and the other other guy said, "Make sure to get some pictures." Maybe, now that I've broken the ice, I'll go back in a month or so - this time in full heels and their slacks and say, "I was such a hit I need another pair of slacks to wear!"

Outstanding outing, tallguyinheels. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm height enabled as well, but carry more than my fair share of table muscle. I'm right with you, wearing heels under long pants and appreciate the effort you put in to get it right. I'm sure in a way this was a liberating experience for you too. Congratulations.

So, in spite of the hollidays, I have been losing some weight...

Good for you!

In preparation for the holidays, I began gaining weight. Nothing like starting early...

On a more serious note, I've seen many wonderful round-toed oxford and wingtip designs, but nothing larger than size 10 that didn't look like a pair of bedroom shoes from the leading plastic patent leather seller.

I've got a pair of Franco Sarto Nolans that I've worn around the world (literally, quite often while flying from one country to the next), but I'd really like a pair of good, solid, stacked-leather heeled wingtips or oxfords that look from the pant hem down like they're made for men.

I smiled, and the other other guy said, "Make sure to get some pictures." Maybe, now that I've broken the ice, I'll go back in a month or so - this time in full heels and their slacks and say, "I was such a hit I need another pair of slacks to wear!"

I hope you can have a chance to do as the guy in the store said so, it would be great to see some pics onf you in your nice heels and slacks!

highheel lover: Last pair I got was pleaser seduce460 from shoe republic - its a better quality shoe than the pumps I have from Sexyshoe. At my size and weight I need a very secure heel. I also have the Domina460 - but its heel height at over 6" in size 15 is a little more challenging. Any advice on other secure heel shoes in large sizes would be helpful. I'll see about posting pictures - though I'm pretty low tech - my new cell phone has a camera, I'm not sure how to get the photos to the internet. About a year ago I made a flight to europe - changing into 6 inch pumps and long jeans at my connection point in chicago. The flight and airport at both ends was completely without comment - though many people I'm sure noticed... I had to walk to the check in counter to check on an upgrade. I'm 6'8" in the 6 inch heels and I try to stand as tall as possible in the 6" heels. Worst was walking down the jetway, at a considerable slope - a big tall man slowing folks down taking little steps in his heels. I don't know if others here have noticed this... I don't really change the pace of my steps in heels vs. "flatwear". Ladies in high heels seem to step faster when in heels taking shorter steps. Happy heeling to all.

Too continue... So I pick up the slacks Friday night - the same two sales guys are there and a third... The slacks were ready and I went to try them on. So I come out from the changing room in the slacks and heels - and they got the length perfect... just 3/4 inch showing when standing upright. The third sales guy comes and looks at it - His jaw drops when I lift my leg and show him the heels. They all say - that the shoes ar well conceiled - more like a cowboy boot toe... but not really. I could tell the three were empathizing with me an going out in public with the heels. One suggested I should cross my legs in a female fashoin when I sit down. I said I was really just trying to project the image that a guy can wear heels - and that it was no big deal. In all, I was feel real comfortable discussing and wearing the heels with these three male strangers... Going out in public is not that big a deal. I even decided to wear the slacks and heels out the store - and for kicks - after dropping the jeans and flat loafers off in my car, walked into and shopped a bit in the adjacent Borders bookstore. The only time the heels showed were when I kneeled to look at some magazines at a lower shelf. (I'm an Audio/Hifi enthusiast and Borders caries HiFi news - a great British audio rag.) I don't think anyone noticed anything other than a somewhat sharped dressed very tall man.

You have gave me a great idea on how to get some slacks fitted for some of my higher heels that I would love to wear out and not wear jeans. There is one store I can think of close that would fit the pants for me. Truthfully, I know myself and I will say "I lost a bet" and hope to get a nice fitting with some black slacks this week. Thanks again for the post!!

You have gave me a great idea on how to get some slacks fitted for some of my higher heels that I would love to wear out and not wear jeans. There is one store I can think of close that would fit the pants for me. Truthfully, I know myself and I will say "I lost a bet" and hope to get a nice fitting with some black slacks this week. Thanks again for the post!!

Great idea DallasHeels! tell us how it goes, I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience!

DallasHeels: Personally I think that excuse "I lost a bet," doesn't hold all that much weight. I mean why would you care about having a pair of pants taylored for boots that yer only gonna wear once cause you "lost a bet" And this goes for anyone. I think making an excuse for why you wear heels is one of the worst things you could do. Just be honest, "Yes, I'm into higher heels and I was looking to get some pants taylored so the hem is a little lower on them" See, simple!