Hey from another newbie,

I'm enjoying this site. I just found it last night. It seems familair in that many of the regular posters seem to be ones I've read on other sites/boards in the past. It only makes sense that people of similar interests would tend to 'bump' into each other after a while. I've mainly been a lurker in the past and am trying to become more involved. I'm not sure of the demographics, but this site seems to be mostly male? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm a fan of women wearing high heels as that's what I find exciting. I'm looking for the discussion specifically aimed at men who enjoy women wearing high heels and the women who enjoy men's attention? I find the women only board the most interesting, but I'm not allowed to contribute to that one. There seems to be the two boards, women only and men only and the rest all lumped together. Maybe I'm just confused, but where do I fit in? I've worn heels in the past, playing dress-up with some girlfirends, but I have no desire to be a TS/TV/CD out in the world. I'm happy in my "malemess" and I'd like to chat and talk with real women who enjoy high heels. No offense to the posers, but there seems to be some fakes on here, men pretending to be women for whatever reason. I have no problem with men who are upfront about being male, I've read some great posts from them so far. Is this as confusing to read as it was to write? Anyway, not sure this is the greatest way to introduce myself, but this is who I am. Thanks, Eddie in NC

I agree with you. I am a male too, and what I like is to enjoy watching women wearing high heels, specially very high heels, and specially sexy women. I just take a big breath whenever I see a nice woman in the street walking on 4.5 or 5 inches heels. I just think: what does she pretend by wearing such shoes? Does she want to make me crazy or to hipnotizice me? Because this is what really happens. I think (never done) these ladies should be adored in public (this is maybe what they pretend).

Greetings and welcome to HHplace! I'll try to answer a couple of your questions:

. . .

I'm not sure of the demographics, but this site seems to be mostly male?. . .

Yes, that is true. Women don't seem to be as interested in talking about heels -- it's just footwear to them. We do have a small but growing female contingent here and we desire and respect their input.

. . .I'm looking for the discussion specifically aimed at men who enjoy women wearing high heels. . .

There's a lot of that around here -- look through the older threads under "For Everybody" and "For the Guys".

. . . and the women who enjoy men's attention? . . .

Probably not as much in that area, again look through some of the older threads. You may want to start a discussion on that topic but I would very strongly suggest you spend some significant time exploring the board and getting to know the members before you do that. There is more than five years' worth of postings on this board -- and just because a thread may be five years old does not necessarily mean it is irrelevant. It takes some time to find and absorb what all is here.

. . . I find the women only board the most interesting, but I'm not allowed to contribute to that one. . .

As a moderator I must reinforce the "No Guys posting in the "For the Girls area rule". This rule grows out of the respect factor I mentioned above. We like having the women around and we reserve a place for them. In the past, guys were allowed to post in the "For the Girls" area and at one point the women perceived that their area was being overrun by the men. And in fact it was indeed being overrun -- the majority of posts in "For the Girls" were by men and guys were hijacking threads all over the place. A veritable brouhaha erupted and most of the women left the board. It was a very unfortunate situation and it was not pretty.

Please regard the "For the girls" area as the ladies' powder room. Imagine the pandemonium that would result if one of us were to barge in there unannounced.

We, as men, can look at what is going on in the "For the girls" area but we need to leave that area to the girls for their own discussions. It is a matter of simple respect. Our female membership has been growing and we value their presence.

. . .There seems to be the two boards, women only and men only and the rest all lumped together. . .

There is only one board -- HHplace. In HHplace there are a number of forums: "For the Girls", "For the Guys", For the TV's, CD's and TS's", "For Everybody" and several more. Each of the headings you see on the http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/ main screen is a forum and as a male member you may post in any of them except "For the Girls". You may read posts in all the forums.

. . .Maybe I'm just confused, but where do I fit in? I've worn heels in the past, playing dress-up with some girlfirends, but I have no desire to be a TS/TV/CD out in the world. I'm happy in my "malemess" and I'd like to chat and talk with real women who enjoy high heels. No offense to the posers, but there seems to be some fakes on here, men pretending to be women for whatever reason. I have no problem with men who are upfront about being male, I've read some great posts from them so far.

A lot of us are faced with the same questions -- where exactly do I fit in? Again I would suggest exploring the board for quite some time (and I mean a few months) and getting to know the members. When you see and begin to understand the trials and tribulations many of us have already experienced you may begin to clarify aspects of your own situation. You will find items that strike chords of recognition within your experiences -- feel free to add your own comments.

Is this as confusing to read as it was to write?

Not really. A lot of us are a little conflicted in many ways. This board does help us sort things out.

Again, welcome aboard!

Have a happy time!

I'd just like to add that there is nothing stopping you from starting your own thread (in for the guys or everybody forums) with a response to a post in the Girls' forum...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd like to chat and talk with real women who enjoy high heels.

I´d like it too. There was a very nice chat room, the shoes and sandals room in the feet and shoes on the web page (shoes.com.br) but it is no longer open. I haven´t found any other chat room like that. If anybody knows, tell me please.