Arches- comparing size 7's and size 11's.

Nicole

I know that even shoes of the same size with the same heel height can have differing arches so this may be too vague a question. Now I wear a size 11 (US ladies) and my wife wears roughly a size 7 (US ladies). I think these both qualify as more or less average sizes for our respective sexes. Now my wife does not like wearing heels much so she only has 3" ones which she wears when she feels that the occasion calls for it [pretty much weddings only]. Naturally the arch for her shoes is higher than the ones in my 3" heels. However, my 4" heels have a higher arch, so i assume that a 3.5" heel in my size would have the same arch that her shoes have. Has any one been able to compare directly with higher heel heights? For example, Laurie reguarally wears 5" heels. I forget her size but I know it's smaller than mine. How high would my shoes have to be to get a similar kind of arch. I think JJ Legauner actually makes comparisons, but they seem a bit over the top. 5" to 3.5", 6" to 4.5" and 7" to 5.5" and this is for 7.5 ladies and 10.5 mens. Does any one have any insight on this? Thanks

the truth shall make you fret

1st of all, Legauner isn't a real authority. I've discussed this point with Susan (the original) several times. She's, perhaps, the best authority I know that could answer your questions. I hope she reads this and gives us the benefit of her knowledge and experience.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Laurie is a 10, but I think she wears an 11 for high heels. Most people have to add a size for wearing heels. As for differences in heel height, compared to a size 7US, I wear between a 12 and a 13. There is an inch added between a size 7US and a 13US. So a 6-inch heel in a 7US is actually going to be a little more than a 7-inch heel in a 13US. The standard shoe size for official heel height in the US is a 7US. So a smaller size, shorter heel, larger size longer heel. It is the angle of the arch that they hold. It is just because of a smaller/larger, shorter/longer foot, length of the heel is added or subtracted.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well, someone really does remember and has been reading everything I post. Hoverfly, I am impressed. Yes, 10 for flats and lower heels, but I go 11 for higher heels. AT first they are a bit roomy but as they are worn in they shape to my foot quite well. :smile: Is there a difference in the arches? Yes, and sometimes, even more so between different brands! I really noticed it when I went from four inches to five oh so long ago. But I am not really thinking as well as I could right now, I have a headache. So don't ask me why. :grin:

Well, I don't read every thing you post Laurie. But I do rember certen things about you. Huba huba!!!! :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!