tiffany

Shopping for heels: try them on?

Do you try shoes at the store before buying them?   805 members have voted

1. 1. Do you try shoes at the store before buying them?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,145 posts in this topic

LuvsStiletto I would recommend the discount card.  I had very good service at DSW and have made many purchases.  I had sale associates help me find shoes, show me the location of different styles and help locate my size.  They also have a great return policy, so if I order shoes on line and they don't fit just perfect it very easy to do a store return.

I have had many chats with the checkout women.  They see I'm in heels, so they ask if I found the shoes I was looking for or tell me your'll love these - I have a pair too.

I absolutely hated shopping for men's shoes - they never fit.  Shopping for women's shoes in person (aka shoes that fit) is so much fun.  The variety that's out there is seemingly endless.  So many shoes BUT only two feet.

2 people like this

58 minutes ago, Cali said:

LuvsStiletto I would recommend the discount card.  I had very good service at DSW and have made many purchases.  I had sale associates help me find shoes, show me the location of different styles and help locate my size.  They also have a great return policy, so if I order shoes on line and they don't fit just perfect it very easy to do a store return.

I have had many chats with the checkout women.  They see I'm in heels, so they ask if I found the shoes I was looking for or tell me your'll love these - I have a pair too.

I absolutely hated shopping for men's shoes - they never fit.  Shopping for women's shoes in person (aka shoes that fit) is so much fun.  The variety that's out there is seemingly endless.  So many shoes BUT only two feet.

I agree! I've always had good experiences at DSW. I will sign up for the discount card the next time I am in the store. I would have done it that day, however I was running late, and did not want to take the time at the checkout. Purchasing and trying on women's shoes is much more fun, and exhilarating! I love that moment, when a sales associate realizes that you are purchasing heels for yourself, either when they ask, and you explain it to them, or when they first notice that you are wearing heels or trying on a new pair. There's just something about that split second, when it registers with them, that you are getting them for yourself, that feels like a rush! It is amplified, when they signal acceptance, and begin helping you find what you are looking for. In all the years that I have been heeling, and trying on women's shoes in stores, it has pretty much always been a really positive experience. I did have one sales associate (a guy) in a Baker's store back in the early 90's, who gave me a strange look when I was trying on a pair of pumps, but he did not say a word; it was more like a raised eyebrow sort of thing, and after that, he just went about his business. The female associates have always been more than helpful and willing to discuss their preferences when it comes to the heels they wear. It's much easier to discuss heels with women, than most guys think, especially if they know you also wear them. I think the part that I enjoy the most, is when a female associate that you have seen many times prior, wearing flats each time, suddenly is wearing stilettos on your next visit to the store. There's something about a woman whom you've only known to be a wearer of flats, and then you see her in heels. It is hard to describe, but I have always liked that moment, when I discover a woman whom I've seen many times before, never in heels, and alas, I see her again, and she is in heels! Maybe it is because as much as I enjoy wearing them, I really do love seeing heels on women as well.

2 people like this

LuvStiletto, Cali, et al,

I agree. I have the DSW card and give the member# and not the phone number they expect. This seems to amaze them. I say it's just another number. I can't remember the last time I didn't wear heels info a DSW. I've said before you get far better service if you are up front about for whom you are shopping and wearing heels into the store removes any doubt. It also makes a statement the world had better meet you on your terms. Dignity and respect should be extended equally to women or men irrespective of whether they wear heels or not. The prospective sale is what is really in play. HappyinHeels

3 people like this

I totally agree with HappyinHeels. I was in DSW the other night, ordered a pair of heels that was not in stock in my size.The sales clerk mentioned that she liked the style I was odering. I did buy another pair that was in stock in the store. Of course I was wearing heels too and she commented that she liked the shoes I was wearing. I always get great service shopping for heels in DSW. They are totally OK with men trying on heels in their stores.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

1 person likes this

On 4/21/2017 at 2:44 PM, Cali said:

hernaezjames I drive in 4-7 inch heels all the time, I just don't drive in stilettos anymore. Got the tip stuck in the carpet and almost had an accident.  So I take my right stiletto off when I drive.

Oh i see. I guess it depends on the car floor matting you use. The tip of my heels dont get stuck in anyway. :)