Shopping for heels: try them on?

tiffany

Do you try shoes at the store before buying them?  

813 members have voted

1. 1. Do you try shoes at the store before buying them?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

A Last Call in Lauderdale had a pair of YSL Babies 90 lace up boots I've loved the look of, so decided to try them out. They were nice but I kinda liked my timberlands more (YSL smooth leather, Timberland the other). Sometimes wearing heels while shopping lets you know if something is worth the extra cost or not :)

IMG_9252.JPG

IMG_9253.JPG

• Like 4

(formerly known as "JimC")

4 hours ago, Rockpup said:

A Last Call in Lauderdale had a pair of YSL Babies 90 lace up boots I've loved the look of, so decided to try them out. They were nice but I kinda liked my timberlands more (YSL smooth leather, Timberland the other). Sometimes wearing heels while shopping lets you know if something is worth the extra cost or not :)

IMG_9252.JPG

IMG_9253.JPG

Both look great to me....

Wearing them does not show the Glancy model well. I've liked them. Only 1/2" higher then the wedges but certainly feel more like heels.

download.png

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

I enjoy test driving any heels in the store!

Spend an hour trying on heels at a Steve Madden outlet store last week.  Plan to spend an hour or more at a DSW tomorrow morning. Then hopefuly spend a day shoe shopping in San Francisco some time in the next month.

• Like 1

I was the only person in this SM outlet, so I tried on every USW size 10 in their store. They only had one OTK boot but it didn't fit. Didn't find anything I wanted, but still had fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Yea, have shopped at Steve Madden, they always seem surprised that my foot size is in the women's range :P

Jim

2000 for those boots, yipes!  They do look great on you though, especially with the levis...Don

That's the beauty of test driving, you don't have to buy them. Love test driving high end things: cars, skis, ... why not shoes? And it so much cheaper.

Rockpup,

There's a Neiman Marcus Last Call at Gurnee Mills Mall in Gurnee, IL one must pass through going into the mall at a particular entry point and I occasionally try on heels there. Last it was a pair of Giusseppe Zanotti platform sandals with 7" heels for a cool $895. That's the discounted price! AS you said though it's cool to test drive something high end like that. HappyinHeels

There's a shoe lady in Dillards in Arlington who knows me by name now.  Any time I walk through that store she sees me from afar and waves.  She has been so nice that I took my wife in and she sold her $250 in shoes.  Several other stores in the Metroplex have clerks who remember me and tell me of upcoming sales.  I usually wear my boots in as I'm on the motorcycle much of the time.  People here in Texas are a lot nicer about this subject than other places I've lived. 

This is going to get expensive soon as I'm starting a new job where I can be going home  by major Dallas shopping centers.  I can take several routes but they just take me by either North Park or Galleria.  Both also have nearby Nordstrom Racks though North Park also has Bloomingdales and Saks outlets across the road.  If I take the PGBT toll road it might be cheaper in the long run as it doesn't pass any shoe stores! 

I tried on several pairs today at Nordstrom Rack by Galleria.  I even got up courage to "try" wearing Sam Edelman 5" platform stilletto ankle boots though I didn't buy them.  It was easier to walk in them than I thought it would be.  All my boots are block heel or flat.  Maybe someday I might venture there but they definitely won't work on the motorcycle.  I didn't buy any shoes there but did purchase a taupe belt in the men's department.  I went to the Dillards Clearance Center in Irving where I bought some grey fringed knee high Gianni Bini boots with 3" block heels for $28. 

• Like 1