Have You Seen Any Guys Street-heeling? (Survey)

Heelfan

I'm not sure what to say, there certainly wasn't any intent, either to be PC - or to take the piss out of PC terminology. Obviously in work I have to watch my language. I can't talk about somwhere being "manned" when it's "staffed", probably a lot of this does rub off. So, sorry to offend.

Thanks, Fog. I understand your position and certainly took no personal offence, nor intended any. I assume you work in the public sector where language-use is more sensitive. But it's unfortunate when words like 'manned' are proscribed because of an incorrect assumption that they relate to the male gender rather than to the concept of mankind, i.e. all human beings. As Neil Armstrong (who got it wrong anyway) would presumably now be required to say when landing on the moon: 'One small step for a person; a giant leap for humankind'. Yuk!

Geeze Puffer, can't you find anything less segificant [sic :academic: ] to complain about?

Yes mate - the appalling quality of American English in general (as used on this board and elsewhere) - so don't tempt me! :wink::D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm! Fog is from America? Wow, I'm fooled. All this time I thought he was from the UK. (have to agree with you about the state of American's speaking British english. However, if you think the people from the USA posting here are bad, you should walk through some of the less affluent areas of some of our larger cities to get a good flavor of what "bad American english" really is.

Hmm! Fog is from America? Wow, I'm fooled. All this time I thought he was from the UK.

(have to agree with you about the state of American's speaking British english. However, if you think the people from the USA posting here are bad, you should walk through some of the less affluent areas of some of our larger cities to get a good flavor of what "bad American english" really is.

Not sure where you get the idea that Fog is from America, JNR - it seems pretty clear that he is from Horsham, sunny West Sussex, UK.

And, before anyone thinks that I am castigating all American posters here, I am certainly not suggesting that they all express themselves in poor English all of the time. A significant number do use recognisably 'American English' - which is noticeably 'different' to that normal in the UK, sometimes confusing or irritating but not by any means always 'poor' (according to whatever definition one respects). I hope I have 'gotten' [now that is a helpful American usage] my point across fairly.

I dont believe much about the street heeling stories that are posted here. Oh sure they wear womens shoes with a 1" heel under jeans that cover them but what about the real high heels that click like hell on the side walks and the hard floors. Who really wears em on the streets?.,,,larry.

Well, how shall I proof that I do wear heels out and about? Sure, I do not do it every day and I am selective in which areas and neighbourhood I do it, but I do it. 2-4" block and "a little thicker than stiletto" heels just about everywhere where I don't expect to run into family or work colleagues. 5" stilettos occasionally and 6" at rare occasions. The feet won't put up with that height for too long but some weeks ago I was in a furniture store for a couple of hours.

It is great fun and believe me, the world doesn't fall down on you when you do it.

And if you come to London you can see it with your own eyes.

Shoes with a 1" heel - they are mens shoes :wink: Nope, I wear 3.5" heeled boots every work day, and have done so for 18 months now, and my 3" cowboys at weekends. Trouser length set to part cover the heel when standing still, but not so long the hem is dragging on the floor as so many women do at present here in the UK. Jeans, not bootcut leg but straight leg, with the cowboy boots, the hem so the whole heel is visible. My current favorite boots are from Eddie Bauer, they are just soooo comfortable. As the usual rule is that when you've found a pair of shoes that fit well and you love and wear all the time, you can;t find a good replacement when they are finally finished, so I have another pair tucked away in thier box so i can continue to enjoy them. They are on sale ATM at $99 on the Eddie Bauer website. Beautifully made. You certainly get what you pay for. Be wearing them for the Friday lunch meet just prior to the London Heelmeet. However, other than seeing fellow board members or going back to the 70s, I havent seen any one else around in heels, but maybe by the end of the year if the Daily Mail n Sunday article is anything to go by. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I. I dont believe much about the street heeling stories that are posted here. Oh sure they wear womens shoes with a 1" heel under jeans that cover them but what about the real high heels that click like hell on the side walks and the hard floors. Who really wears em on the streets?.,,,larry.

Hi Larry, you don't have to believe anything you read, and if you haven't met any of the guys posting here, why should you. The chance of seeing a guy wearing heels is very slim. I've seen three guys in the last six months or so. One was a totally androgynous young guy - and the other two are described above.

Regarding PC language, I agree with you Puffer - but who know's my boss might be reading this! You can't be too careful you know.

Regarding PC language, I agree with you Puffer - but who know's my boss might be reading this! You can't be too careful you know.

I'm sure you are joking, Fog; I certainly hope so! Otherwise, the 'nanny state' you and I are discussing at http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/hhplace_cafe_general_chit_chat/7488-legal_harassment-4.html will prove even more big-brotherish than I fear. Interesting to speculate on whether you fear your boss's reaction to what you say rather than what you wear. Neither should be fettered (unless you like locking shoes, that is!).

Who knows - I have logged on as myself a couple of times at work. My boss gets a list of all web sites we look at. In the summer he said he didn't look at it, and added, what do I care if you check the cricket score from time to time, I know you all work hard. I have heard some heel jokes - but it could be co-incidence, so I've ignored them. I do know that my employer is liberal enough not to bat an eyelid. I might get a bit of piss taking, but I think that would be the end of it. Actually I don't think I've said anything too out of the way in my defence of the health service for anyone to get upset about.

• 3 months later...

Today I saw a man presenting as a man wearing some kitten cone heel boots. It was in Astor Place. I was going to ask if I could take a picture, but he had to run somewhere out of the blue. He had a black top, brown pants, and black boots with about a 2-3" kitten/cone heel. Overall, he looked presentable.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Latvia, alternative Night Club "Depo"("Depot"), Metal night club "Melnā piektdiena"("black friday"), 2007, probably 18-25, black, dont got any img, probably 4inch boots, whit platform, well when i met him i wasn't supposed to see there any man with heels... it was good surprise :smile:

every human has they own choices...

• 1 month later...

Three sightings today!! All in Camden, London.

First, on my way back to work from lunch, I saw a guy dressed in goth gear wearing black 6 inch (actually probably more!) high platform boots - like these (they had holes in the platform bit). Fair to say he was getting a few stares and giggles. Still fair play to him for going out there wearing what he wants.

The last two sightings were in quick succession as I left work for home. The first guy was a tranny (very androgynous looking though). Sixties style dress, wearing wedge heels that were at least 4 inches high. Fair to say he/she looked good and very passable. The second guy I passed straight after was in all black, black shirt, black jacket (I think), black skinny pants and black ankle boots with cuban (cone like) heels with the heel in full view (about 3" high I think). He was very androgynous looking and looked really good IMO as he passed off as a guy in heels so well! This was by Camden Lock.

I think it's fair to say I'm going to have more sightings as the weeks go on considering where I work now!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

A couple of days ago, Camden again. Two girls with a guy in skinny jeans and 4 inch leopard print court shoes. Jeans so long you couldn't see the heels except when sat down. Toes were obviously visible. They visited just about every shoe shop in the road... Spoke to one of the girls to give the address of this site, and discovered they were all from Sweden.

Saw an elderly gentleman just outside Luton wearing block heeled loafers. Noticable as he was wearing white socks, black shoes and grey trousers which revealed both. They were probably 2 inch block heels but noticable.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

A couple of days ago, Camden again.

Two girls with a guy in skinny jeans and 4 inch leopard print court shoes. Jeans so long you couldn't see the heels except when sat down. Toes were obviously visible. They visited just about every shoe shop in the road...

Spoke to one of the girls to give the address of this site, and discovered they were all from Sweden.

Wow, 4" leopard print court shoes! I wish I could have seen that. Good for him!

Kudos to you too for actually approaching these people and promoting the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight. On the Lower East Side...on Ludlow in a bar I was in...I saw a guy in white pointy toe kitten stilettos....he was wearing all black, he was African-American...had a large afro...and not one iota of extra attention was devoted to his heels (at least that I could discern).

I'm performing simply my own show in Frankfurt. I know that there are several guys in Frankfurt with the same passion for high heels but they don't dare to answer. Their problem - not mine. By the way: I don't like surveys like "who of you has spotted guys on high heels?". Always the anonymous others have to do YOUR job ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

cor thats the second one tonite who's got the hump, it must be the weather.... When i first came on this site i thought it would be great, having a laugh and sharing our experiences, not grumpy people being miserable.... give us a break mate...... and finally...... leopard skin shoes, luvly, must get some seriously, but you know who spotted them first? the leopard..... g'night !!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a summary of sightings from LA: About three years ago, saw a guy in take out Mexican Restaurant, wearing a stunning pair of dark green boots with tapered heels about 4-5 inches high and a small platform under black slacks. He sat down while waiting for his order, making the boot shafts visible about halfway up his calf. About two years ago, guy in grocery store wearing black boots with 5-6 inch stilleto heels under jeans and a red shirt. The length of the jeans made the boots visible up to his ankles. About two years ago, drive-by sighting of guy walking in black platform boots under jeans. Looked like he was still learning how to walk in them. About a year ago, drive-by sighting of a guy waiting at the bus stop, wearing loafers with 2-3 inch block heels with gray slacks. Last night, guy walking with wife in pointy black boots with 2 inch western heels - oh woops, that was just my reflection in the storefront windows.

""Last night, guy walking with wife in pointy black boots with 2 inch western heels - oh woops, that was just my reflection in the storefront windows."

Would those have been Giorgio Brutini boots? I have these

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/12489812/c/4282.html

But I alsoI enjoy wearing the snakeskin boot with a 2 1/2" heel.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17119714/c/75718.html

It's the highest heel men's boot I've been able to find, at least at reasonable price.

hmm, I walk around in Frankfurt in heels, but I have never met anyone else - also not Micha. Seems we are not around enough.

Hi bootish,

I'm living in Frankfurt-Roedelheim, my quarter. Where do you live?

I'm wearing often high heels on the street. Are you interested in a common high heels tour at a saturday afternoon on the Zeil? We could take from each other nice photo shoots for the forum :smile:

Write me a forum PM or an Email if you are interested!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Another sighting in Camden on Wednesday. I was walking back to work when I passed a guy wearing at least 3" brown pointy slacked heeled boots with skinny jeans, so the heel was totally visible. I can't remember what his top was like but he was well coordinated IMO.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I've never had the pleasure, which brings to mind an interesting point. I've never really paid any attention to what a guy has on his feet. This tends to validate what I've read right here on this very forum regarding street-heeling; that people aren't paying attention to your feet and, unless they're noisy, probably wouldn't notice whether you were wearing heels or not. Now women, well that's another matter entirely. In fact, when there are good looking women about, I spend a lot of the time with one eye on the floor! As far as guys go, I'll have to start paying a little more attention when I'm out in a crowd, 'cause I think it would be awesome and interesting to see a guy in heels. And If I ever do, provided the timing and situation were right, I will definitely give him the ol' thumbs-up! 8)

• 1 month later...

Driving home early afternoon today, I saw 4 motorcycles traveling together.

My friend was driving and was interested in seeing the bikes. As we pulled up along side the bikes, I spotted the lead rider. Guy, probably late 50' wearing what was obviously womens biker boots. Heels appeared to be 3 inches or so.

We rode along side these guys for a few miles before we came to our turn, so I did get a good look at the bikes, And his boots.

The boots looked a lot like these.

post-1115-133522846828_thumb.jpg

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE