Telling the wife.

DallasHeels

I was wondering how others here "weathered" when telling their wifes of their interest with heels. Up to today I would just hide the heels, wear them when going out alone or at home alone. Today, I was talking with my wife about shoes and how times are changes, much with all things and the world opening up more. We were heading out to shop so I slipped back to the bedroom, put on a pair of my thick high heel boots and went out shopping with her. I didn't say anything all day while we shopped. I would look at the reflection in the windows of the shops from time to time to make sure the heel wasn't "sticking out". I had a great time. Once home, I just decided to ask her, her thoughts on men in heels. She stated, "if they like them, so be it, I don't mind either way". Surprised with her answer I showed her my heels. She then said, "I knew you were wearing a heel, I just didn't know how high. You aren't that tall normally." She smiled, kissed me and went on with her business. I am very excited that she is "ok" with my heels, Now I wonder how much I can wear them with her. I joked with her about when we go out and she is in heels, I could wear them too, to remind me that her feet get tired quickly.. LOL.. I hope others have had as good luck as I have or better. :wink:

"Good on 'ya", DallasHeels. I appears you appreciate her acceptance, at least to this point. It says something about her and the relationship you two have. It seems she's confident enough with you in heels and I hope that leads to some great shared time together. Congratulations. As for how others have faired. It was not nearly that easy for my wife and I. She was initially threathened by what she thought the heels and other gear meant. Mainly, she figured our marriage was on it's way out. It took quite some time, but now she's much more accepting and even has some fun with it. I sure would have preferred getting to this point the way you did though!

My wife didn't react well when I told her about my heels, but we managed to reach a workable compromise up until we separated. (Unrelated reasons) Next time I start seeing a woman I'm going to tell her early on, that way if she can't deal with it it's before things have gotten too serious. Unless of course I happen to be wearing them when we meet? :wink: Chris

I remember telling my former Girlfriend. She "opened the door" so to speak during a conversation about two months after we met. Knowing that she was pretty open minded, and thinking that this could possibly be the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, I saw the chance to tell her and I took it. That was the strangest feeling I've ever had. Shattered my nerves all to hell, but so liberating at the same time. Truth be told, I really wanted to crawl under the table because I did not expect a positive outcome. She kind of laughed at first, and then asked all the obvious questions.."why, when, are you gay". We talked about it for quite a while that evening. After she really got a grasp of the situation, she said she thought it was actually pretty damn sexy. She then offered to take me shopping for a pair of boots sometime, which I thought was the absolute coolest thing ever. :wink: We lasted about six months after that. Unfortunately other issues (not related to heels) pushed us apart. We are still good friends and talk regularly. There's a new Girl on my horizon. And I dread the day I have to tell her. I'm not sure she will be as accepting. Time will tell.

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Congratulations Dallasheels, you've made it past a MAJOR milestone in good shape. It was a scarey thing that you did but you couldn't ask for a better result!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I am hoping that over time she will get more interested in my shoes. pointing out when I need a longer pant or different color shoe with what I have on. I just ordered these boots.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/6129/1d/s7diod-isorigin.scene7.com/is/image/unitedretailgroup/2913778A_018?$product$

Can't wait till I get them in. I know a 2 and 3/4 heel is not too tall but it is the shortest heels I will have. I don't have a black boot that I can go out in easily.

Out of the 5 pair of heels I have now, 3 of the pair can be worn without a glance from anyone. Very chunky heel, or cowboy boot look. I have not got the nerve up to go out in a thin heel with her yet.

I am hoping that over time she will get more interested in my shoes. pointing out when I need a longer pant or different color shoe with what I have on. I just ordered these boots.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/6129/1d/s7diod-isorigin.scene7.com/is/image/unitedretailgroup/2913778A_018?$product$

Can't wait till I get them in. I know a 2 and 3/4 heel is not too tall but it is the shortest heels I will have. I don't have a black boot that I can go out in easily.

Out of the 5 pair of heels I have now, 3 of the pair can be worn without a glance from anyone. Very chunky heel, or cowboy boot look. I have not got the nerve up to go out in a thin heel with her yet.

Those are really cool lookin boots.

real men wear heels

I was wondering how others here "weathered" when telling their wifes of their interest with heels.

Initially, very well, even to the point of encouraging it. Then, a few years later, the truth came out that she was having major issues with it. By that time, I'd already disclosed to her that although I felt 100% male, I often tested as and thought like most females. Although we'd been happily married more than a decade, she was unable to separate the objective testing from the man she'd grown to love over the years, and erroneously believed that I was somehow changing on her, when in reality, I wasn't changing at all.

Once home, I just decided to ask her, her thoughts on men in heels. She stated, "if they like them, so be it, I don't mind either way". Surprised with her answer I showed her my heels. She then said, "I knew you were wearing a heel, I just didn't know how high. You aren't that tall normally." She smiled, kissed me and went on with her business.

I am very excited that she is "ok" with my heels, Now I wonder how much I can wear them with her. I joked with her about when we go out and she is in heels, I could wear them too, to remind me that her feet get tired quickly.. LOL..

I hope others have had as good luck as I have or better. :wink:

I'm happy for you, as it appears she genuinely supports your heeling. Take it easy, don't push the envelope, and make sure she's really ok with it. Heels are readily available, even in the harder to find sizes. Those we truly love, however, are very hard to find.

Hey DallasHeels I hope I have the same luck as you, I had a great time reading you story too, good luck.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Thanks for all the post. She sort of giggles from time to time when I am getting the nerve up to go out with her in heels. She notices right away because of my height change. I am one that trys to not "show off" the heels too much. So far she has been pretty supportive letting me do as I want and not complaining any. I would enjoy over time her having input on the heels but we will see.