the great unspoken question"

JSpikeheels

...this question is one that no one has seemed to ask..it could be a little unsettling to really consider... ..one of the reasons we wear heels is the reactions we get from others especially when we have beaten back the demons of "what would others think..." but has anyone taken this to a logical conclusion and closed "the circle of expectation? " ...you're in a store or a restaurant or somewhere on a public street and "you" walk by or are sitting in a restaurant or in a shopping aisle... .... what would be your reaction if you saw yourself (in heels) in a public place-but consider this from the perspective that you are not yourself looking out but someone else seeing you? ...what might your reaction be if you saw "you..." Jim JSpikeheels

As I read your question I get the impression that you are asking "What would you do if you saw another guy wearing heels in an everyday environment?" In my case I cannot know for sure because I have not yet seen another man wearing heels. But I think my reaction would be "Cool!" and then let him go about his business. Pretty much the same reaction I have to a woman wearing heels. In the case of a woman in heels, there is always a lot more to admire -- her figure, her hair, her face, her movements. In the case of a man, it would be an appreciation of his desire to express his individuality this way and his courage to actually do it. It is likely that I would not pay as much attention to a heeled man as I would to a woman. One other note, I do not wear heels to get reactions. I wear them because I like the way they feel on my feet.

Have a happy time!

Well I have had the honor of seeing another male in heels. In fact he was very sure of himself and didn't hide them at all. His blue jeans were normal length so you could see his black 3 1/2 pump easily. He walked with confidence. Now he was 6'3 and around 245#, looking like a true football player but walked wonderfully in the heels. I actually got up from my table (eating at the mall) walked to the edge of the rail to get a better look. I watched him walk by and at the last moment he glanced over. I smiled and gave him a "thumbs up". He smiled and nodded back at me. I think it is great to see guys out in heels and confident enough to wear them without any worries.

I do not wear heels to get reactions. I wear them because I like the way they feel on my feet.

...well I opened a can of worms and that was my intention...

everyone of us who has travelled this road remembers how we have had to deal with and reconcile or overcome the challenges presented by what we perceive to be the expectations of family, society and culture--always those expectations of "others"-- to reach this level of satisfaction in allowing ourselves to discover our own expectations in wearing heels...

...if you have been on this road you will also agree that some days we have a more urgent need to put on the heels than others...what contributes to this "more or less need " are the external circumstances of our daily lives affecting the 'internal senses for which the heels provide a kind of pressure-release...

...now you begin to understand what I was reaching for when I asked "the great unspoken question"...seeing another person in heels is a sudden reminder that we are also "in heels" ...that other person becomes ourselves and our reactions to them are our reactions to ourselves...a sudden 'values-assessment self-test"...

...in the instant we make the connection from the others' heels to our own there is a sudden psychic linking in which we mirror our own sense of satisfaction with the degree of pleasure we perceive in the others' heels become the pleasure we perceive in our own...

Jim

JSpikeheels

One other note, I do not wear heels to get reactions. I wear them because I like the way they feel on my feet.

Jep, me too. It's just a whole other feeling than my ordinary shoes. It's also exiting to do something that's a bit taboo. Just for the fun of it.

I often try to take guys in public and imagine them in heels to see how I'd react. To get an idea how other people would react if they saw me. I think it depends on the guy and the situation, but I don't think it would bother me.

One other note, I do not wear heels to get reactions. I wear them because I like the way they feel on my feet.

That's the way I feel as well. I don't give a damn what people think when then see me in heels. For me, it's all about the immense enjoyment I get from wearing heels, if people choose to react, either positively or negatively, that's their choice, it doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

As to how I'd react if I saw another man in heels, I'd love to experience that opportunity, sadly, that's yet to happen, but I suppose whatever reaction I'd have would depend on the sort of image such a gent presented, if his outfit complimented whatever heels he wore and if he walked properly, and confidently in them as I do. A proper image is everything.

JSpikeheels, this is quite an interesting subject you brought up. Thumbs up for doing so!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Good question JSpikeheels. It's one that asks for those that wear heels to be brutally honest with themselves. In short, I would be elated to see another man walking by in heels, say at a mall, for the reason you already pointed out, the sharing of something that is rare. However, if I were sitting on a bench at a mall and "I" walked by in heels, I'd be much more critical of the whole look, how I negotiated my gate, everything. I think the reason is I would want perfection for myself. I think it would be enlightening to see myself as another casual observer would see me. Not sure if doing so would make me run screamning or be acceptable to me.

I don't whether I'd really notice to be honest. No that's not quite true because I always look at people's feet. What I mean is is if I wasn't into footwear like I am then I probably wouldn't.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't whether I'd really notice to be honest. No that's not quite true because I always look at people's feet. What I mean is is if I wasn't into footwear like I am then I probably wouldn't.

Well, you're not alone in that regard. I also take keen, if not subtle notice of the footwear women sport, then I wonder if I could find shoes (or boots) like what I see in my size and how I could put it all together in a good looking outfit. Nothing wrong with casual voyeurism.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with Dr Shoe's post, if I wasn't into shoes I don't think I'd notice. Not unless it was really obvious. I think I saw a guy in heels once, but can't be absolutely sure because it was pretty dark. I've seen guys in long skirts two or three times though, but it was always in rock pubs where the dress tends to be less mainstream anyway. They didn't look out of place, and I just thought that it was good that they had the confidence to wear what they wanted to. Chris

I've caught sight of myself several times while heeling past either large mirrors or reflective glass. Looked pretty normal, just like what all the other guys were wearing, except for the fact that instead of a 2-1/2" x 3" x 3/4" piece of leather on my shoe I wore a 3/4" x 3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of leather. It being so small, however, it didn't detract from my overall appearance in the least.

Jep, me too. It's just a whole other feeling than my ordinary shoes. It's also exiting to do something that's a bit taboo. Just for the fun of it.

I often try to take guys in public and imagine them in heels to see how I'd react. To get an idea how other people would react if they saw me. I think it depends on the guy and the situation, but I don't think it would bother me.

DITTO!

People in show business dress for other people. More often than not, women dress for other women. I'm a real radical - I dress for ME! How others dress and what they think about how I dress is their business.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I too look at my reflection...my usual response to myself is, "Hey! Great shoes!" I guess I am always checking out what people are wearing anyway; usually to try to figure out something about them from a distance. My little act of vouyerism I guess.

Style is built from the ground up!