Sore feet

chris100575

Question

Jon posted an identical thread to this one in "For the guys" but I was hoping to get some input from the girls as you're more likely to be wearing heels for long periods. Does the pain in the balls of your feet from wearing heels go away as you get more used to them, or does it still hurt and you just get used to the pain? Since I've been going out in heels I've had a couple of nights where I've not been careful to sit down every now and then, and ended up with really sore feet at the end of the night. Would it help if I practised standing in heels while watching TV in the evening for example, or should I just accept that if I'm going to wear them I should limit the amount of walking? Chris

16 answers to this question

What are party feet spots? I was asking one of my friends about this the other night, and she said that the ibuprofen gel was good for sore feet too. She wears heels most of the time and still gets sore feet after a big night out, so it looks like it's a case of trying to prevent it as much as possible. Chris

In answer to the original question. No. The pain doesn't go away the more you wear heels. That's why people like Scholl make 'PartyFeet'. Also - the necessity for treating your feet with balms, moisturisers - and pumice to remove hard skin stays also. It's a simple fact of Human dynamics - a lot of weight concentrated on a small - and soft area - leads to discomfort and wear - which requires constant maintenance (or pampering).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks Pussy. I think I'm going to avoid using pain relief gel except as aftercare if I have overdone it. I'd rather have my sore feet telling me to sit down for a while, than have the pain numbed and risk damaging my feet. Chris

Thanks Pussy. I think I'm going to avoid using pain relief gel except as aftercare if I have overdone it. I'd rather have my sore feet telling me to sit down for a while, than have the pain numbed and risk damaging my feet.

Chris

Actually, it gets much worse than that. If your feet are numb and/or you're ignoring the pain, you could hurt your ankles, knees, or even yer back rather severely. Far better to have the pain in yer feet notifying you that it's time to sit down and take off the heels than to really hurt yourself and spend the next few days trying to get straightened out.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I would say the same, when some parts of the body starts hurting it is better to stop or ease the cause of the problem, e.g.stop lifting the heavy bag, then to go on. Or unless you haven't got another choise. But if need be there are always alternatives. I also found out, when wearing high heels, as soon you have a moment when you aren't walking, but can not sit down, stad on onefoot and let your other one rest or on the heel or the top of the too. Also when there is a possebility, "wankel" your enkel. What I mean is stand on one foot and lift your other foot to restbut twist and turn your foot for the enkel. It also releaves the presure of the bottom of your foot and makes the blood flow around in your soles. Do it as much as you are stand still and do it alternetively with the other foot FL Learned and tried it with the help of an internet web page, unfortunatly not available anymore....

FoxyLady

this is a situation where i hear.. pain is no gain. most of the gal pals who are avid heelers tell me.. it's all in the choice of heels. gotta have the ones with great build.. padded inside.. so to minimize the pain. the only thing you can do with time.. get better at heeling and higher at heeling. but.. over use of heels hurts.. over 'exposure' and standing hurts. when that happens.. look for a different shoe.. or a place to sit. on lady i know.. works in a place where she rarely sits.. has several pairs of differeing heights to change into during the day.. so to avoid overly abusing her feet. she says.. when she started.. her endurance shot through the roof. i don't wear heels.. so i don't personally know how true the statements told me are. RPM

In answer to the original question. No. The pain doesn't go away the more you wear heels. That's why people like Scholl make 'PartyFeet'. Also - the necessity for treating your feet with balms, moisturisers - and pumice to remove hard skin stays also.

It's a simple fact of Human dynamics - a lot of weight concentrated on a small - and soft area - leads to discomfort and wear - which requires constant maintenance (or pampering).

I totally agree, and couldn't say it better as you! :w00t2:

So indeed:

- use things like Partyfeet

- pumice

- also important, take care of your nails, very bad to have to long toenails when wearing heels (longer times)

Sooner or later we must come to grips with the fact that wearing heels is not a natural act; it takes time to learn how to walk in heels and how to care for one's self. So when the feet start to hurt or (as we used to say in the army) when the "dogs start barking"; that's the signal to sit down and/or change shoes. Pads and a lot of the other suggestions do help, but there comes a time in every heel wearer's day when one must take a break and take the shoes off. What's more, nothing changes over time except perhaps the frequency that one must sit down and take off the heels. :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hi everyone, Last friday i had a nice pedicure and foot/leg treatment by my beautician. So today i could wear my boots again without having much discomfort :welcome: As i explained in my introduction i'm at the moment began again to wear heels. Day by day getting used again in walking on high heels more often. I began on boots because boots are far more supportive and protective(for my ankles) then pumps! Later on i hope to get again on pumps just as i did in the past. The heel height of the boots i had on today are about 10cm, i think that would be 4inch? Have just attached a pictures of them. Before my ankle surgery i could and walked mostly on pumps with 10cm heels, and on special occasions sometimes on 12 to 14 cm heeled pumps. Hopefully i can do that again in the nearby future! But for now/today managed to have those boots on for a continuous 6 hour is a victory for me! :thumbsup: Afterwards i treated my foot and legs with some cooling balm, gave a nice relaxing feeling. Greetz, Saskia

post-15245-133522876242_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Last friday i had a nice pedicure and foot/leg treatment by my beautician.

So today i could wear my boots again without having much discomfort :welcome:

As i explained in my introduction i'm at the moment began again to wear heels.

Day by day getting used again in walking on high heels more often...

Later on i hope to get again on pumps just as i did in the past.

The heel height of the boots i had on today are about 10cm, i think that would be 4inch?

...But for now/today managed to have those boots on for a continuous 6 hour is a victory for me! :thumbsup:

Afterwards i treated my foot and legs with some cooling balm, gave a nice relaxing feeling. Greetz, Saskia

:winkiss: Glad to hear that you can wear heels again. :lmao:

Actually, at 3.93700 inches 10 cm is just a hair smaller than 4"; a pair of lifts will easily make up the difference.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I've found a similar thing.Just lately I've been wearing heels a lot more than normal over the holidays and the balls of my feet and my toes have started to hurt more and more.Its a bit like when I play tennis,if I play too often I get tennis elbow and it will not go away unless I stop playing for a while,which is annoying but just a fact of life.:thumbsup: Sometimes its good to have a break from things Scooby