London Fetish Fair!

Dr. Shoe

Been to it a few times but not for a year or so. Fun, friendly but not for the easily offended. Good place to wear those shoes you've not worn anywhere else except at home so far, and probably not a bad spot to meet people of similar interests. Perhaps we should sus it out.

Alternatively, and already scoped out by yours truly, http://www.brumbazaar.co.uk/main.htm. Again, an excellent opportunity to push one's personal envelope, buy all manner of truly scary devices, and drink beer at rather less than London prices. If anyone fancies a trip, PM me, and I'll try to organise something.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, post here preferred dates or times for either London or Birmingham meet or both and I will try and make it if I can. Fetish stuff is not really my thing, but I'm willing to be educated, and any excuse does for a day out and a few beers if it can be fitted in :smile:

Well, Brum is the 3rd Sunday of the month. Now, hang on... I make that September 22 or October 20. How are those dates? Yeah, I know that the next one is 18 August, but I'll be busy that weekend, and besides, it's not much notice. Personally, I'd prefer October 20, as I'll be out partying elsewhere on the September 21st. How about it, chaps? There's a printed map on the site. Fetish isn't really my scene either, but as FireFox says, it's a top chance to put some miles on those shoes you've never dared wear anywhere else. In fact, I had my first 'out in public' experience there, with a pair of godawful denim boots that I still don't know why I bought! And there is a bar!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

October 20th sounds good to me. I don't care too much what shoes I wear where, but agree it might be a good intro for the more timid. Could also be combined with a trip to Birmingham city centre on the Sat.

I just got some bronx stil boots:

Posted Image

I might wear those.

Sunday October 20 sounds fine by me, although I already have Saturday booked up. Overnight accomodation can be arranged Saturday night though. A fine pair of boots Firefox - TK Maxx by any chance? I've not seen them in Coventry store but they never fit me anyway :smile::grin:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I did see a pair in TKMaxx Coventry tonight actually. They were marked as size 10M (US) but were Bronxes. Did look nice, might have to try them! They were just setting the shelves out with all the boots. Sandals had been moved to the clearance area. There goes summer..... :smile:

Calv

October 20th sounds good to me. I don't care too much what shoes I wear where, but agree it might be a good intro for the more timid. Could also be combined with a trip to Birmingham city centre on the Sat.

I'm up for that, too. I might have to appear sometime early/mid afternoon on the Saturday, due to other committments, but I'll be there.

I'll take everyone to Oasis, which is in the slightly more bohemian part of the city, where I had a great hh shopping experience, and came away with a pair of 4" knee boots.

I think there are some cheap places to stay up here, but I can find out if anyone wants to know. I'll probably stay at home, and just bus in and back, in the cause of beer freedom :smile:

Cool. I'm prepared to be the organiser for this one. If anyone wants my mobile number, directions &c, PM me at the board, or mail me at yamyam848@hotmail.com.

And for Southerners, Birmingham is cunningly concealed near the middle of the country :smile:

Well T K Maxx lost their pair of stillie boots at the weekend - they're mine now. Thanks for the head-up Firefox. One boot (the right) is a little tight but they will be OK. It is nice to get a pair that I can lace up tight on my leg. Just the sort of boot to wear to a job interview...... but then again perhaps I'd better wear something more ........ By the way there was an interview with Carol Vordermann :grin: in the Telegraph today where she mentioned riding her bike in Cambridge in a mini skirt and a pair of thigh boots.... :smile: Buckets of cold water to Francis (and me) please.

Calv