Most Expensive Shoes Bought/Owned

Stockw

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, that's expensive. My own collection is a bit more modest with my favourites ranging from £75 - £150. I'm pretty certain that the cheapest is a pair of white stiletto calf boots I've just bought on eBay for £15. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. Chris

To date, the most i've paid for a pair of high heels for myself is $300.00. Lately, however, I've been considering buying a pair of Christian Louboutin "Clichy" pumps (I really like the light blue). The thing that stops me is the price. No matter how much I like them (I certainly can afford them) I just can't get over the thinking that the price ($900 to $1200) is way to much for a man to pay for a pair of high heels for himself.

I have paid $300 - $400 for 3 or 4 pairs over the years. Usually thigh high boots from the fetish shops.

Richie,

How do you like those boots from Eddie Bauer?

Now that they are on sale for $99, I am being tempted!

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Richie,

How do you like those boots from Eddie Bauer?

Now that they are on sale for $99, I am being tempted!

Hi Gary

There really nice but I wont say too much here, except for I definately paid too much for them, these should be on sale for about £80 and definately not the £150 I paid for them.

If I had seen these in a shop, I wouldnt have paid £150 for them, but I would have happily handed over £80 and had a smashing pair of boots.

Anyway, I'm going to put in the first ever shoereview soon (probably in jan) just to get the ball rolling

These are a narrow fit so definately get the US12 if your a UK9 / UK8

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

The most expensive shoes I ever bought were the Stuart Weitzman Sensual pumps that this girl happened to be wearing as well.

I ordered them from Zappos. With all applicable fees included, the total cost came to about $220 U.S..

I would love to have a pair of Manolos or Jimmy Choo's, but the cons of buying them outweigh the pros. So even though I could afford them, the same rational part of me that makes sure that I have no more than 15 pairs of shoes at any one time overtakes any emotional impulse to buy.

:rocker:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Since it was in the "for eveybody" thread, I took it to mean "everybody."

:irked: I think we all need a slap for hijacking this thread.... :biggrin::rocker:

Sorry StockW, were all guilty of hijacking your thread and I apologise!

Since it was in the "for eveybody" thread, I took it to mean "everybody."

I concur.

The definition at the top of the forum states,

"For Everybody Discussion about high heels not aimed at men or women in particular."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I concur.

The definition at the top of the forum states,

"For Everybody Discussion about high heels not aimed at men or women in particular."

ok, without going too far off topic here and not wanting to drag this out, StockW did specifically ask this of the ladies and guys are not allowed to post in the girls forum, so were all guilty of not reading the manual on this one.

Now, back to the expensive shoes...

So even though I could afford them, the same rational part of me that makes sure that I have no more than 15 pairs of shoes at any one time overtakes any emotional impulse to buy.

Too many nice shoes to limit myself to 15 pairs. But I do see the point in not owning that many so you don't run out of space or never get to wear them all.

The most I've paid for a pair of shoes was I think my Clark's Oprington boots - I think I got them for £35-40 pound reduced from £70. Next down the list I think are my Edina Ronay ballet flats - worth £100 I got them for £30 at TK Maxx.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Ommm, so is OK if I tell you all about my most expensive pair or is this for the gals only. I'm still not clear about this.

Hiya Johnie

I guess its up to you mate, I was just trying to offer an apology to StockW as his original question was aimed at the girls.

Between all the website team, it was concluded that guys cannot post in the girls forum, and should they want to post threads/questions for the girls then they should do this in the everybody forum, so I posted that into the updated rules of the girls forum.

I'm just the messenger here, the team decides, then i get on with it.

the most expensive pair of heels I have bought was my current avatars ($260 australian)...

I would love to have a pair of Manolos or Jimmy Choo's, but the cons of buying them outweigh the pros. So even though I could afford them, the same rational part of me that makes sure that I have no more than 15 pairs of shoes at any one time overtakes any emotional impulse to buy.

when one has to pay nearly $300 australian for $40 US shoes...paying $2700 australian for Manolos or jimmy choos ain't going to happen!... besides they are no more asthetically pleasing (to me) than a pair of something you would find at payless... if they had some feature that payless' brands didn't offer... like size 11+... but even then I'd stick to what I like!...(6"-8.5" plats and 4.5"-9 (ballet) heels)

besides I can't stand the current shoe fashions apart from those 4-4.5" red or black patent open toed pumps with the striped heel and small cork platform... exept they cut out at 10... I'm a 13!...Posted Image

I have a large collection of Little Shoe Box boots and shoes.....but they were all at wholesale cost, I am trying to remember what we have bought direct at retail over the years but Robert always pays and I just do not remember. I do know that paying over $500 isn't enough to even make me blink and think they are expensive so I am sure we have paid higher prices than that for some of my boots. It is my boot fetish that gets costly, I can find cheap shoes I like. Angie

The most expensive pair that I bought was a pair of clogs from Shoes USA at $139 US. Expensive, but worth it. I've seen other shoes in the couture section of Zappos at much higher prices that I would love to have but can't justify the price! (To myself or my wife!!!) Maybe some day I'll splurge.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well I don't own any high heel shoes but as I have a few pairs of boots, I can semi-contribute!

My most expensive purchase was $170 US for the boots in the pic below, they were bought from the well-known Ellie Shoes (actually the site PierreSilber but they came in an Ellies Shoes box for some reason.

http://www.super-sexy-high-heels.com/images/Boots/ROXY.jpg

Of course out of the $170, at least $60 of that was for shipping and packaging. And how do the boots fit? They are great, easy and comfy to walk around in. The heels are 5" with just below a 2" platform, and made from a resilient but soft-ish rubber. Perfect for the winter inside I think!

The Slave Trainer boots that used to be sold on the same site vanished pretty quickly though, they were awesome boots...

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

Last year at a ballroom dance competition, one of the ladies at our table was showing her shoes around. They were Manolo Blahniks, and she said she had several pairs and loved them. Me - I get my shoes from the least expensive place, and they aren't designer names.