Out Again In Public----For The First Time!

JeffB

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. After having returned to "the passion", and having bought a nice pair of pumps, I decided it was time to take them out for a stroll on my first outing in heels in just over a year. Below is the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Since the rsvp pumps I bought from Zappos was navy, I sported a mostly bluish motif except for the leather jacket. Having always been the daring type, I didn't go to some secluded, out of the way spot, oh, no, I'm not that smart, I went straight to the nearest mall, and since we're only eight days away from Christmas, it was packed to the gills with shoppers. And, on top of that, I made sure to wear jeans with just long enough (or short enough depending on your point of view) to see most of the shoes, and the tan knee highs I wore with them. Naturally, I was quite nervous after arriving at the mall (and forced to park a considerable distance away from the entrance), it took a good ten minutes to muster up the courage to get out of the car, and I won't deny that my hands were shaking more than a little as this was like the bad old days when I was antsy as hell prior to my very first public outing in heels, but I soldiered on and boldly entered the mall, all the while secretly wondering, "What the hell am I doing?" But, I was committed and had no intention on turning back.

Like I said, the mall was packed solid with shoppers during the forty-five minutes or so I was inside, which included a stop for lunch. For the most part, I had gone pretty much unnoticed, something that helped clam my nerves considerably, however, there had been a couple of instances where I did get the predictably odd looks and double takes, even a soft giggle from a couple of teenage girls, but I just remembered my training from my old days of public outings and casually went about my business while ignoring any funny looks. It didn't take long for that old feeling of contentment to wash over me, just like before, that old feeling where I felt supremely comfortable wearing heels in public while disdainful of the world around me. I remembered just how good it felt to be out and about in women's shoes, it was like welcoming back an old friend who had been away for a long time. The longer I was out, the more comfortable I became, so much so that I sat on a bench, and crossed my legs, giving passersby a good view of the pumps, not caring what they thought.

I would've stayed longer, but I wanted to get back home to take these pictures and post them for all to see. Was this an extreme thing to have done after having just returned to the passion, especially given the circumstances of my departure a year ago? Perhaps, but this was something I wanted to do, in a way, it was something I needed to do. After all, having returned to the joys of wearing heels meant wearing them in public, at least it did to me. I wanted to find out if I still had what it took to do that. And I did! As for the shoes, the rsvp pumps with their stylishly pointed toes and four inch heels were quite comfortable and easy to walk in. The whole time I was out I suffered no pinching at all, and even without cushioned insoles (forgot them), the shoes were still enjoyable to wear. I recommend these shoes highly to everyone here as they're definitely worth the money.

And that's how I spent my return to public heeling!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations JeffB ! ! !

You never fail to surprise me.

Again, WELCOME BACK it is good to read your posts again....

Gary0618

p.s. Now that you are back, how about attending a NYC heel meet Sometime?

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Guest ilovepumps!

I have to hand it to you JeffB, your one brave man!! I dont think I could ever do what you did. If I had guts to wear heels out would be late at night. Well done sir!

...snip...I would've stayed longer, but I wanted to get back home to take these pictures and post them for all to see. Was this an extreme thing to have done after having just returned to the passion, especially given the circumstances of my departure a year ago?...snip...

Was it extreme to wear pumps on your first return to freestyling?

I don't think so, not for you. It might be extreme for others, but not necessarily for you.

I think what could be considered "extreme" could be as individual an issue as our fingerprints are unique. As no two fingerprints are exactly alike, so no two definitions of what is "extreme" might necessarily be the same. It goes the same for comfort zones in freestyling, really.

Given your history with wearing pumps on a daily basis, it appears to me as if you are merely returning to your previously established comfort zone. Provided that you allow yourself some space and self-forgiveness to move away from and move towards that comfort zone, I think you'll be fine.

Just my two cents.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I think you look great as always, and your styles are well-coordinated. For this time of year, I think it was a brave move as well, but you handled it wonderfully and with style. I know you'll find your comfort zone, and then things will be on an even keel from there. Happy Holidays, JeffB! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It certainly felt good to have gone on an outing after so long. In a way, it was like nothing had changed for me, least of all the thrill that comes from wearing heels in public. To be back in women's shoes, to be back in pumps felt as natural to me as breathing. But yeah, I do intend to take things slow, as I have everything else since my return to "the passion".

Great job Jeff!! You have more guts than I do! I have an outing planned for this Weds at a local mall. I nned to do some X-Mas shopping and just purchased some seargant boots at Payless. They are calf high with 4" stacked heels and a nice round toe. They are really comfortable. I wore them out for a short shopping event and they felt great! They had plastic soles on the heel - so I took them to a shoe repair and they are putting rubber on the heels. This way they won't make as much noice and won't slip pon tile floors. I can't wait for weds night. Bernheels

JeffB:-) It's like riding a bicycle--you never really forget how. Since you haven't done it for a year, it's only natural to be a bit apprehensive on the first try, but it appears that you did all right. Your pic shows that you haven't forgotten how to co-ordinate an out-fit as the heels look well along with the rest. That is your look. That is you. Cudos! Don't wait too long to do it again and let us all know of your heeling adventures. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Way to go JeffB. You seen my vids of me walking through the mall and now you see, it aint so bad. I really enjoy it and really there is no safer place and hardly nobody notices anyway and so what if they do, right?. Great job my friend.

real men wear heels

i did it yesterday too, i was drunk and i wanted more beer, so i just gone to my nearest shop and yeah u was in heels;) its keeped realy hard to dont fall from em while i was going back to home, but nobody realy saw them, i think only one who saw them was that shop seller. she smiled pretty mutch but wasn't sad any word for them. i think she wanted to see how i walk in them;) but it was fun;)

every human has they own choices...

i did it yesterday too, i was drunk and i wanted more beer, so i just gone to my nearest shop and yeah u was in heels;)

its keeped realy hard to dont fall from em while i was going back to home, but nobody realy saw them, i think only one who saw them was that shop seller.

she smiled pretty mutch but wasn't sad any word for them.

i think she wanted to see how i walk in them;)

but it was fun;)

I drunk you was perty think from what siad you this.

real men wear heels

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. After having returned to "the passion", and having bought a nice pair of pumps, I decided it was time to take them out for a stroll on my first outing in heels in just over a year. Below is the outfit I wore:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/rsvpnavy-2.jpg

Since the rsvp pumps I bought from Zappos was navy, I sported a mostly bluish motif except for the leather jacket. Having always been the daring type, I didn't go to some secluded, out of the way spot, oh, no, I'm not that smart, I went straight to the nearest mall, and since we're only eight days away from Christmas, it was packed to the gills with shoppers. And, on top of that, I made sure to wear jeans with just long enough (or short enough depending on your point of view) to see most of the shoes, and the tan knee highs I wore with them. Naturally, I was quite nervous after arriving at the mall (and forced to park a considerable distance away from the entrance), it took a good ten minutes to muster up the courage to get out of the car, and I won't deny that my hands were shaking more than a little as this was like the bad old days when I was antsy as hell prior to my very first public outing in heels, but I soldiered on and boldly entered the mall, all the while secretly wondering, "What the hell am I doing?" But, I was committed and had no intention on turning back.

Like I said, the mall was packed solid with shoppers during the forty-five minutes or so I was inside, which included a stop for lunch. For the most part, I had gone pretty much unnoticed, something that helped clam my nerves considerably, however, there had been a couple of instances where I did get the predictably odd looks and double takes, even a soft giggle from a couple of teenage girls, but I just remembered my training from my old days of public outings and casually went about my business while ignoring any funny looks. It didn't take long for that old feeling of contentment to wash over me, just like before, that old feeling where I felt supremely comfortable wearing heels in public while disdainful of the world around me. I remembered just how good it felt to be out and about in women's shoes, it was like welcoming back an old friend who had been away for a long time. The longer I was out, the more comfortable I became, so much so that I sat on a bench, and crossed my legs, giving passersby a good view of the pumps, not caring what they thought.

I would've stayed longer, but I wanted to get back home to take these pictures and post them for all to see. Was this an extreme thing to have done after having just returned to the passion, especially given the circumstances of my departure a year ago? Perhaps, but this was something I wanted to do, in a way, it was something I needed to do. After all, having returned to the joys of wearing heels meant wearing them in public, at least it did to me. I wanted to find out if I still had what it took to do that. And I did! As for the shoes, the rsvp pumps with their stylishly pointed toes and four inch heels were quite comfortable and easy to walk in. The whole time I was out I suffered no pinching at all, and even without cushioned insoles (forgot them), the shoes were still enjoyable to wear. I recommend these shoes highly to everyone here as they're definitely worth the money.

And that's how I spent my return to public heeling!

What a way to go. I love it dearly. Some day I might have the nerve to do just that

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I greatly appreciate them! To reciprocate, here's a couple additional pics.

1) A seated pose without the jacket:

Posted Image

2) And a close up of the new pumps:

Posted Image

Enjoy, everybody!

Posted Image

Thanks, everybody! While I'm not the kind to toot my own horn, but I must admit that I look pretty sharp in that pic. Heck, I probably would've looked even better in dress pants! Perhaps I'll try a pic or two in those next time! Heh! Anyhoo, the rsvp Crysta pumps were a treat to wear, they felt great and I looked great in them! I can see I'll get a goodly amount of wear out of those shoes!

Hi Jeff,

Good choice on the shoes.

They fit you well.

They thin out your foot well and create great shape.

Hiya, kneehighs! Thanks for the compliments! The amazing part about those pumps is that they're medium width, and yet the fit was pretty much perfect, even though I usually wear a wide in women's shoes. I'm really loving the Crysta pumps. If Zappos ever gets them in black or black patent, I'll damn sure snatch them up!

Good to see you back in the saddle JeffB. Just make sure the horse doesn't get away from you again. (love the pumps). I actually stepped out of the house today in my 2 inch block heel loafers. It was such a rush, almost a spiritual experience. Its like I felt energies coming to me, filling me with their power, and it felt GOOD.

Good to see you back in the saddle JeffB. Just make sure the horse doesn't get away from you again. (love the pumps).

Even though I've never been on a horse in my life, I more than understand what you mean. Heh!

I actually stepped out of the house today in my 2 inch block heel loafers. It was such a rush, almost a spiritual experience. Its like I felt energies coming to me, filling me with their power, and it felt GOOD.

What a perfect way to describe the feeling that comes from wearing heels! Couldn't have said it any better myself!

the rsvp Crysta pumps were a treat to wear, they felt great and I looked great in them! I can see I'll get a goodly amount of wear out of those shoes!

then go to zappos.com and write a review. :rocker:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

then go to zappos.com and write a review. :rocker:

Thanks for the advice! I just went and did that very thing! I'll let you know if my comments ever show up!

heh i went again out in heels today... i was again going to shop and yeah behind me was one older( aprox. 50years) man and he wasn't saw anything dif only i was realy slow, so maybe... :rocker: i just dont want to realy see is it he saw or no:D

every human has they own choices...