Curious about the difference

BBLoverEric

...between the Pony boots from Punitive Shoes and the Femme line from Pleaser. They seem to have a very similar make. I was just wondering if there were any differences between the two. The only noticeable ones would be the platforms are slightly different and Punitive's have the metal on the bottom. Do they have the same "height"? Do they fit differently? I mainly ask because the Ranchos look divine and I am curious to try them but they're a bit pricey so I was thinking the Femme boots would be a nice substitute. Anyone have a say?

Having had a pair of Rancho's myself, I found them very hard on the ankles, because there is no support underneath them. They were also extremely heavy, even without the hoof inserts. The Femme at least has what can be recognised as a heel directly under the back of the foot, preventing the foot from rocking back and shifting your balance backwards. That's not so with the Rancho, where you are forced to keep your centre of gravity slightly forward to prevent you from falling backwards.

Similar to Fogane, I have a pair of both, and the Femme boots are hard work, because they force your ankle past the vertical, whereas a ballet boot keeps your foot vertical. I can manage ballets outdoors - carefully, but I tried it with the Femme's and level is manageable, but put yourself on any kind of slope, and you end up with achy ankles and your knees bent.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I have a pair of the femmes, and i do agree that they are a bit difficult. In my size (12 us womwn's) the heel rise is almost 9" and that does wreak havoc on your ankles. Plenty of toe room due to the round toe box, but I still get sore after about 30 minutes of standing/walking.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

Can't really compare I'm sorry, because I have never tried the Femmes. All I can say is that the rancho's were far more difficult to walk in than standard ballet boots, which I used to be able to manage quite well. If I ever see a pair of Femmes, I wouldn't mind trying them just for a comparison, but I wouldn't go out and buy a pair.