More large sizes for the guys please!

I'm lucky I can wear women's sizes, but I've met plenty of guys who can't, and want to wear heeled styles especially boots. We're not talking mega fetish 6" stilettos or 3 " plats here either - those do tend to be available. I'm talking about normal street fashion boots and shoes with 3" to 4" heels in mens widths and sizes. The way the industry is organised it means they try and dictate what guys are supposed to wear.

Perhaps they're trying to do some socialy engineering (or am I just a conspiracy theorist?) Either way it's about time the fasion industry actually gave some thought to what men really want to wear. You were going to do some flyers, how's that coming along? Perhaps it will make shoe makers sit up and take note!

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Just imagine if decent stiletto styles only went up to 5UK, you'd be champing at the bit. That's actually a problem which faces a large number of women with size 8 or 9 UK feet. Women esepcially are getting bigger and taller. In terms of size, the gap between the sexes is narrowing as being big and strong, as a process of natural selection, receds in importance. It's brainpower that matters now!

Yes I certainly would - that's my trouble though in HK. Chinese sizes do only go up to a size UK5 :smile: they have smaller feet than us westerners so generally there isn't such a demand for larger sizes. I have to buy mine from the UK or states, it's ironic as many shoes from the States are made in China!! Why can't they sell 'em here???

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Because there's no market for 'em apart from you! Actually, things were looking up on our recent tour of London. The best selection of UK 9+ sizes I've seen. Faith, Barrats, Brantano, & Dolics were all offering something for the larger ones.

It's amazing how much stuff is made in China these days. I know that there was a little factory in Diamond Hill, Kowloon that made shirts for Harrods. On a good day, you could buy straight from them before they put the Harrods label in at a tenth of the retail price. Very handy as I was still at school then. There must be the factories churning out shoes and boots somewhere in the old territory of Hong Kong. I know there was two in Shatin and one in Tai Po Kau. Whether they are still there is another thing.

Hi, as i just wrote somewhere else, try the shops in african, afro-american or afro-caribbean part of town, these (often very good looking) ladies do like sexy heels and have larger feet than their caucasian counterparts (although the Dutch are getting taller and bigger with every new generation). That's were I usually find a decent choice in size 43. Regards, Vanessa

Yes I've heard the African Ladies often like the larger sizes so if you can find somewhere that serves a tall population then go for it. As Debbie says short height = little shoe size so the converse should work. But we're getting slightly off topic there. I'd like to see manufacturers do bigger sizes and some types of heel for unisex or men's sizes.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see more women's larger size shoes in wider sizes. That would help a lot... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-22 07:58 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

whats the deal with payless...ive never been in there before...do they like make their own shoes/boots ? and are they generally accepting of men buying heels...like a real friendly atmosphere.. theres one nearby, i may take the bus down there next weekend if you think its worth it

Payless is the only shoe store where I can buy a size 12 U.S. Most other stores stop a size 10 U.S. They market inexpensive shoes, boots, and sandals. Payless also has a web sight for mail order to.

http://www.payless.com/payless/women.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-24 06:48 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Payless is OK for the stores that carry the larger sizes, but I think some are atrophying back to not-as-large sizes. Makes me glad I live in Denver where there are more choices.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I think it has to do with demographics. If there is a need for such large sizes they will be there. So guys, buy large sizes from them if possible. This might keep them in the stores. Last night, me and my wife went out to play pool. I saw a women over 6 ft tall, and she was wearing a chunky high heel boots. I guess her foot size was a least an 11 U.S. if not 12 U.S. Also , I see more, and more plus size women adding some height to there foot wear as well. Their foot size tend to run large as well.

• 1 month later...

few days ago when i was bored i wrote an email to steve madden telling him about myself, and how i like to wear heels, i talked about how its a fast growing trend, and wondered if he had ever thought of designing heels for men...ill let you know about the response when it comes

Steve Madden sells shoes through different stores in the US, he has a wonderfull line of trendy styles that also can be bought on line. Very good price/quality ratio and delivery worldwide. Good bargains once in a while and some styles in US female 11 available (separate page) Check out the links on my website and have a look yourself.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I'm an African-American who wears a women's 13 wide, and those ain't easy to find, believe me! That make Payless my regular haunt, but the selection for 13 is almost miniscule compared to 12, 11 and lower. I'd kill to wear Nine West which has great looking pumps and boots, but only go up to 11. Frustrating as hell!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree it is hard to find larger sizes. I am a woman who wears a size 10. The selection at shoe stores is limited for people who wear size 10 and up. I had my first good experience about my shoe size, though. A shoe store was going out of business a few months ago, and all they had left were sizes 10 and 11. Ha! Finally, we the larger-footed shoe buyers had our choice! Needless to say, I bought 5 pairs of boots and felt really happy.

So many shoes, so little time...

Speaking of larger sizes..... I went to look for this sandal that I recommended to this lady, stating they are really comfy (5" heel w/1.5" platform), but after checking the back, found out they are only available in sizes 10-16! How's that for an interesting twist?

Thanks for the tip about Brantano. I always thought them to be a midlands based company, but have since found in and around Bristol and South Wales six stores nearby.

One very useful thing that I have found with them, besides the lack of urgency and nobody hassling you as soon as you walk through the door is that all of the boxes have not only the size of the shoes inside, but also the outside ranges that they make. It's worthwhile not only looking at the size nines and tens racks but also at some of the racks for smaller sizes. If you see a style you like, check what sizes they make them in. As an example, I first saw these in Bristol several weeks ago in a size 6, but nothing larger. Knowing that they made them in size nine, I have been looking around various stores and finally found a pair today. I'm bowling in the morning and am very tempted to wear them, as they've already seen me in my 2 1/2" ankle boots.

Posted Image

The other tips for anyone who tries Brantano, is that the Caravelle makes are wider fitting than the Signature and Blox styles (and Clarkes for that matter). While I struggled to get into some size 10's, the Caravelles (who made these boots), I easily get into a size 9 and they are a very comftable fit.

Life:- A Sexually Transmitted Disease.

100% fatal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richy on 2002-04-06 23:02 ]</font>

They let you wear your street shoes while bowling? In the U.S., we're forced to wear "bowling shoes" that we either own ourselves or the people at the bowling alleys supply via renting. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Yes...what WERE they thinking? Then again, they were designed a long time ago, and just have never changed the styling since then. Someday someone should do something about that!

ten pin bowling shoes have to have softish soles otherwise it would result in very costly remedial work having to be carried out on the lanes lawn and crown green bowling has similar concerns as heels would create dents in the surface that would result in irregular movements. Not much good if the jack is sat in one of these holes. bowling is great fun, and it's the only thing I ever won a trophy at as well :smile: