I couldn't resist..I bought the Bronx boots...

thighhighs

But why a long inseam? That's what resulted in the bunching and whatnot. Unless you plan on wearing those jeans over shoes or boots, go with a shorter inseam so you won't have to deal with tucking so much material into your boots.

Yes, I know, I was looking for somewhat shorter and it is usually not a problem when buying jeans for me, from the men-style. Now, after two tries in the mens small corners in the stores, trying to find something else than boot cut of wide styles. I concentrated on the women sides instead.

It wasn't that easy to find a pair in dark-black with waist 29-31" and a length of something like 30". This was actually the only pair I found that I could consider buying.

Most of the jeans were like 5" too long, even if I should wear them outside the boots.

Never mind, I'm not too helpless when it comes to using a needle (or rather sewing-machine) so I'll shorten them when they've been washed a few times.

Thanks for the comments on the Tabascoboots, they haunt me in my mind right now so maybe I'll make something of it...

...don't really know when to wear them but that's a later problem..

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know, I was looking for somewhat shorter and it is usually not a problem when buying jeans for me, from the men-style. Now, after two tries in the mens small corners in the stores, trying to find something else than boot cut of wide styles. I concentrated on the women sides instead.

It wasn't that easy to find a pair in dark-black with waist 29-31" and a length of something like 30". This was actually the only pair I found that I could consider buying.

Most of the jeans were like 5" too long, even if I should wear them outside the boots.

Never mind, I'm not too helpless when it comes to using a needle (or rather sewing-machine) so I'll shorten them when they've been washed a few times.

Well, you could always take your jeans to a tailor and have them shortened to whatever length you want.

Thanks for the comments on the Tabascoboots, they haunt me in my mind right now so maybe I'll make something of it...

...don't really know when to wear them but that's a later problem..

Funny you shuld mention that. Yesterday I saw a young lady wearing rust red knee boots over jeans. The color was similar to the tabasco boots. So it can be done.

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Funny you should mention that. Yesterday I saw a young lady wearing rust red knee boots over jeans. The color was similar to the Tabasco boots. So it can be done.

You see... there's always a time and place for Tabasco color...

If I buy the boots, then I might find that time/place myself...

If I don't buy the boots, I will never know if I can find the time/place...

Ahh.. I don't know... I'll sent an inquire for the shipping costs to Sweden, then we'll see. I'll have to pay tax and custom too so...

I haven't found any jeans I like yet, so in the meantime, I wear the boots under the jeans.

I started like this, but then only the heel shows. That's not doing these boots any justice.

Posted Image

So I folded the legs to make them shorter.

Posted Image

Now the decorations are visible.

I have them on me at work right now, but as always, no comments...

Hmm

I don't have deer to go with heel out (just in the dark). But at home with my wife, iI try more and more. I 'm glad she loves me as I am ..

Thank you both, and I welcome you also. Both of you joined during the last months. -> skoamine Nice to see you have an understanding wife. Start slow at home and learn to walk in the heels. Then when you feel confident in walking in them, you might take a short walk somewhere where nobody knows you, together with your wife (?). Then, it's just to keep on walking. The biggest problem you have, that stops you from walking outside, is in your mind. Once you feel confident, it will show and you'll step outside and wonder what the heck was stopping you before :wink: I must confess that I haven't yet been wearing the Bronx highheeled boots outside my new black pants, mostly because I've had arrangements where the heels would cause problems. (Ie forrest walks and so on...) .

Hi all.

No update on the street heeling in the Bronxboots.

But an update for those of you in UK;

so far I've only found the Bronx Scarlet as calf boots, but I just happened to brows through NEXT's homepage (http://order.next.co.uk/page.asp?b=X39&p=274&o=1) and what did I find?

The boots in chocolate, hidden in a very dark picture and not a word of what brand or anything like that.

They're only referred to as 'Chocolate Buckle Long Boots' and are sold for £90. They come in size 37-42.

And from what I understand, there are many NEXT-stores around UK where these should be available.

Sorry though that NEXT doesn't ship to Sweden.... :wink:

Anyone familiar with if NEXT use to have sales, where you might find these boots a bit cheaper? If so, anyone interested in buying them and then sending them to Sweden? (Prepaid of course)

Anyway, here they are in an enhanched version from NEXT-site

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most impressive, thighhighs. A very attractive color, perfect for fall and winter, and paired with tight jeans tucked into them along with say, a brown leather jacket, you've got a terrific looking outfit. If you could get your hands on a pair, they'd make for a fine addition to your collection.

Thanks JeffB. I like the tabasco color a bit more, since they are kind of exotic and will shurely draw some attention. But, these brown will probably be easier to match in a daily outfit. Anyone who knows if NEXT usually have sales and if so, what time of the year? I'm looking for them in 40 (or 41) so if someone see them on sale and are willing to buy them and ship to Sweden, please drop a line!

As posted in another thread;

This is not exactly an outing in the boots, but more of an 'inning' (?).

This is my outfit for work so far this week:

Posted Image

So, now I have the Bronx on. Only indoors so far, but that's not really my fault.

We've had 25 cm of snow this weekend and today it was -13 degrees Celsius. Not the right time for walking in these boots.

When will they come up with a pair of nice looking winter-lined high heeled boots? So far I've only seen some vintage boots but not any new ones...

Well, I mentioned on the other post how I enjoyed this outfit. And I don't blame you a bit for staying indoors, what with snow on the ground. But hey, as long as we all got to see this great outfit, that's good enough for me! :wink:

And I say thanks you again JeffB. I need to find more outfits that works with these boots and the black jeans, so it might come more pictures later this week...

Anyone who knows if NEXT usually have sales and if so, what time of the year?

I'm looking for them in 40 (or 41) so if someone see them on sale and are willing to buy them and ship to Sweden, please drop a line!

I'm afraid you've missed the Next sale, it was just after Christmas. They may have an end of season one later in the year, but don't hold your breath.

Chris

Ok,

todays outfit at work.

JeffB requested a turtleneck (ok, for the flat boots-posting, but that will come later this week...) so here it is with the high heels instead.

Posted Image

Ok,

todays outfit at work.

JeffB requested a turtleneck (ok, for the flat boots-posting, but that will come later this week...) so here it is with the high heels instead.

Posted Image

Bravo, my friend! Bravo! Now there's a really sharp look that goes well with the jeans and the boots! Excellent!

Here the turtleneck comes again, with another pair of boots (with 3" heels and almondtoe). This time under the pants, sorry but I have to clean them sometimes... also my flat heel boots are at the repairer to change the heel tip. Will be back on thursday....

Posted Image

Here the turtleneck comes again, with another pair of boots (with 3" heels and almondtoe). This time under the pants, sorry but I have to clean them sometimes... also my flat heel boots are at the repairer to change the heel tip. Will be back on thursday....

Posted Image

Again, another sharp look, stylishly low key with the boots under the pants. Nothing at all to be sorry about as you can go anywhere in that outfit! Bravo!