I couldn't resist..I bought the Bronx boots...

thighhighs

Ok, this might have been the stupidest question on this forum, this year. :wink: Asking to choose between low and high heels in a high-heels forum... I admit it, I didn't think at all... Ok, three votes for Bronx and so it will be. But before any shopping in them, I need to go shopping pants for them... .

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this might have been the stupidest question on this forum, this year. :wink:

Asking to choose between low and high heels in a high-heels forum... I admit it, I didn't think at all...

Don't beat yourself up over it. After all, the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. And besides, you got positive reinforcement from your query, so it was all good in the end. Heh!

Ok, three votes for Bronx and so it will be. But before any shopping in them, I need to go shopping pants for them...

A good idea. And if, as I suspect, you plan to wear the Bronx boots over pants, make damn sure the pants or jeans you buy are TIGHT!!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes, JeffB. I'll buy them very tight. It must be from the womens collections and I'm not that familiar with their sizes... Anyone have a good idea what a normal jeans size 31" in waist and 34" in lenght would be? Of course to have the inside the boots, the length must be about 30" instead... You have C48, D46 and so on...anyone familiar what could fit? Just hope the snow will not come yet for a few weeks since they are no good in snow. The sole are VERY slippery... .

Yes, JeffB.

Anyone have a good idea what a normal jeans size 31" in waist and 34" in lenght would be? Of course to have the inside the boots, the length must be about 30" instead...

A 31 inch waist? GGRRRRR!! I think I'm jealous!! In fact, I know I'm jealous!! I'm not sure right off the top of my head, but I think that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of a Misses size 14 or 16. The best way to find out would be to go to a department store website, click on women's fashions, then look for a sizing chart. That way, you can find out for sure before you buy. As for inseams, not too long so you can avoid having the material bunch up around your ankles inside the boots. Good luck in your search!

A 31 inch waist? GGRRRRR!! I think I'm jealous!! In fact, I know I'm jealous!!

Sorry JeffB :wink: ......

I can't help that I have a thin and tall bodyshape. Up until 5-10 years ago, I wore size 29" in waist. But don't see that as an advantage... do you know how many pants in 29 you'll find in the stores? Maybe 2-3 pairs. In size 34 I there are huge piles of them, but when I need to find my size, they're almost always sold out...

I'll start with both your suggestions and let's see what I find.

I haven't found any jeans I like yet, so in the meantime, I wear the boots under the jeans.

I started like this, but then only the heel shows. That's not doing these boots any justice.

Posted Image

So I folded the legs to make them shorter.

Posted Image

Now the decorations are visible.

I have them on me at work right now, but as always, no comments...

Nice look, thighhighs! I know I'm harping on this, and I apologize for being a such a pain in the rear, but boots like those deserve to be worn with tight jeans tucked in them to show off those great ornaments! Hopefully, your search for the aforementioned jeans will wind up being fruitful.

Thanks JeffB. And yes, that's a topic you'd like to harp on a lot :wink: But you are correct, so keep them coming... I so felt for wearing the boots today, but the only old tight pair of jeans I have needed to be washed, so I had to make this combination instead. Maybe tomorrow I will wear the above blue jeans from the pics before, with the low-heeld boots (and yes the jeans are very thight, even if it doesn't show in the pics). If so, more pics will come...

A 31 inch waist? GGRRRRR!! I think I'm jealous!! In fact, I know I'm jealous!! I'm not sure right off the top of my head, but I think that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of a Misses size 14 or 16. The best way to find out would be to go to a department store website, click on women's fashions, then look for a sizing chart. That way, you can find out for sure before you buy. As for inseams, not too long so you can avoid having the material bunch up around your ankles inside the boots. Good luck in your search!

Double arrggg! I used to have a 30" waist or less until about four years ago when I began taking a certain medicine for a medical condition. PLUMPH!

While I've lost 23 lbs since going off the medication, I still have another fifty to go until I'll be where I was a few years ago, weight, sizes, and all.

Ok, special request for Pumps and highheellover...

The sales clerk were around 25 I'd guess, with long blond hair to her shoulders. She might not have had a chance in Miss Sweden 2006, but she was certainly an 8 on a 10-scale. About my height (178 cm) and from what I could tell a nice figure. She wore a black sweater and blue jeans, might have been some kind of strechmaterial. The jeans were rather wide but not too long. She had a pair of brown boots, probably kneehigh, with a thin Cuban-styled heel of maybe 7 cm and rather pointy toes. They look great also.

I know I read her name tag, but I do not remember her name right now.

It looked as though she was not working there regularly, she was not familiar with where everything was behind the desk. She might have been working extra to cover the workload before Xmas.

She was very nice and looked as she had no problems with me trying on the boots there. Not nervous, looking around if someone else should see us.

I will get back there to check if she's still there, if so I'd start talking to her again. My hope is for that she was a new regular employee and I'll find her again.

------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Pumps. Welcome to this forum :admin_welcome:

I noticed that you are also from Sweden. Where in our long country do you live? If you like you can send me a mail from my profile page: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/members/thighhighs.html

Thanks a lot, thighhighs. This is so different than the salesclerk at the norweigian forum (other thread) who said she had a real problem with men buying womens shoes and certainly, if you go into a shop to buy womens shoes this girls attitude is the one you'd want. Do tell if you shop with her again. Thanks for the welcome. I'm from Scania, so it's a bit far from Stockholm, but if the women are as cool as that maybe I should go up there :academic:

Thank you Dawn HH. I'm hoping to find some time to go shopping for a matching pair of jeans this week. I'll wear a more casual style for that, ie sneakers, if I need to try something on, then it's easier...

This is so different than the salesclerk at the norweigian forum (other thread) who said she had a real problem with men buying womens shoes ...snip

Maybe she should get another job then. I know men buying womens' shoes can't be all that common, but she must realise that sooner or later it was going to happen.

Chris

Maybe she should get another job then. I know men buying womens' shoes can't be all that common, but she must realize that sooner or later it was going to happen.

I agree, she's not suitable for working in a store and have a service-minded attitude. No matter what you think, to succeed in customer relationships, you can not show what you personally think about something.

Especially if it has a negative touch.

If your working in a shoe store and the idea, that men could eventually stop by and try on womens shoes, never occurred to you, you need some more life-experince.

BTW, yesterday I wore the Bronxboots at work (still under my pants, but they end 2" above the heels, ie 6" above the floor so the heels are visible). Anyway, we've had two female account-people at work. Both looked a second time but said no more...

Later, one of our carriers, who have a daily pickup of goods came and I opened for our regular driver and we did some smalltalk as usual. That day he had a new trainee who I saw got a bit puzzled when he saw my heels, but said nothing.

Today, our regular driver came back, without trainee and ask me 'Did you wear heels yesterday?'. That was actually the first time he'd saw me in heels, but he said that he didn't have a problem at all with that. Just a bit curious of why I wear them, his girlfriends usually don't wear them because they found it hard and got pain from them.

We talked a bit more and he also told me that the trainee from yesterday, really had a hard time digesting the thought of a man in heels, that was the only thing he talked about on the way back to the terminal.

I hope I didn't ruin his career in that company because he didn't want to go on that route again.... :wink:

Arghhhh... :D

I'm a shopaholic....

Just happend to drop by Have2Have.se and they have a sale!

http://www.have2have.se/product.asp?product=2863⊂=130&page=1

My Bronxboots have now been reduced from 150 EUR to 106 EUR, 30% off....

I've had them everyday for more than a week and doesn't feel anything, no pain, no suffering at the evenings. They are just made for me and my feets.

As Listax said earlier, if you were supposed to be born with a pair of boots glued on your feets, it should be these!

So... what do I do?... of course... I buy another pair...:wink: ... this time from the anonymus internet... but I can live with that as long as I get the boots cheaper.

So this last pair will be in the box until the first pair is worn out. Because, with my usual luck, no manufacturer will produce a pair of boots like this during the next 2 decades...

Ok, they might be out of fashion later on, but on the other hand, they probably will not since they are in a classic style without any specific timestamp. A kneehigh boot with almond toe and stilletto heel can be used anywhere and anytime.

Don't judge me too hard, I'm a shopaholic!

Arghhhh... :D

I'm a shopaholic....

Just happend to drop by Have2Have.se and they have a sale!

http://www.have2have.se/product.asp?product=2863⊂=130&page=1

My Bronxboots have now been reduced from 150 EUR to 106 EUR, 30% off....

I've had them everyday for more than a week and doesn't feel anything, no pain, no suffering at the evenings. They are just made for me and my feets.

As Listax said earlier, if you were supposed to be born with a pair of boots glued on your feets, it should be these!

So... what do I do?... of course... I buy another pair...:wink: ... this time from the anonymus internet... but I can live with that as long as I get the boots cheaper.

So this last pair will be in the box until the first pair is worn out. Because, with my usual luck, no manufacturer will produce a pair of boots like this during the next 2 decades...

Ok, they might be out of fashion later on, but on the other hand, they probably will not since they are in a classic style without any specific timestamp. A kneehigh boot with almond toe and stilletto heel can be used anywhere and anytime.

Don't judge me too hard, I'm a shopaholic!

Hey! Nobody's judging you! I know I'm not! I mean, as far as I'm concerned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a back-up pair of boots, especially a badass pair like the Bronx boots! More power to you, my friend! By the by, I swung by the website you left a link to and saw this:

Posted Image

Sweet baby Jesus! Those same boots come in green? IN GREEN??? Absolutely outrageous! I doubt that not even the most devoted boot fan here on this website would wear those beauties in public! HA!

Hi all.

Yes they do come in a lot of colors if you search the internet for 'Bronx Scarlet'. In Sweden we only have them in black and green, but here are a few other colors.

From Zappos.

In ebony:

Posted Image

In White:

Posted Image

And from Amazon.com we have them in my favourite color, Tabasco:

Posted Image

These last would really fit in my closet since I have some clothes in that color!

Ok, I'll stick with the black ones... but the Tobasco's are tempting me...

Bought a pair of tight black jeans today. I was in a rush when taking the pictures, so they don't look as good as they should. they are a bit too long and are in the washingmachine right now to see if they'll shrink before I shorten them. Anyway, here's how it looks and how I'll wear them to work on monday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW, waist is 30".

Ok, I'll stick with the black ones... but the Tobasco's are tempting me...

Bought a pair of tight black jeans today. I was in a rush when taking the pictures, so they don't look as good as they should. they are a bit too long and are in the washingmachine right now to see if they'll shrink before I shorten them. Anyway, here's how it looks and how I'll wear them to work on monday:

Posted Image

The jeans look good, and I'm sure they'll look better after a few washings shrinks them down. But why a long inseam? That's what resulted in the bunching and whatnot. Unless you plan on wearing those jeans over shoes or boots, go with a shorter inseam so you won't have to deal with tucking so much material into your boots. Just a suggestion.

P.S.

Don't rule out the tabasco boots. You only go around this ol' world once, live your life with gusto and go with your impulse every now and then!

:wink: