I couldn't resist..I bought the Bronx boots...

thighhighs

Hi,

If some of you read my other thread about me (http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/6235-its_been_while.html

then you know I've saw a pair of boots by Bronx.

The model was Bronx Scarlet Nr 12918.

They are below knee-high with a stillettoe heel of 3.5 " and not so pointy toe.

As I said by then, they were too expensive for me.

Since then I've been more or less ocupied in my mind of how to get hold of a pair for me. I've been counting my money back and forth. I even mailed a reseller in Poland, who had them rather cheap, if the shipped to Sweden...

Today I decided to go and buy a pair anyway. With my usually luck, I'd win $1000 next week, and then they all be sold out.

So I went into the city and walked around in a few shoe shops who I know have had them. In the first two, they were sold out in my size.

In the third I finally found a pair for 165 EUR, I grabbed them and went to the checkout. The girl behind the desk asked if somebody should try them on and I said I should (but I just had to add that it was a X-maspresent for my girl, and we have the same size... shame on me not to actually stand up and say they were for me...).

So, I tried both boots on and did a short walk around in there. Sorry though, I was actually alone in there. How could that be, it's X-mas-shopping and the street outside were so crowded you could hardly walk, but in here, I'm alone... hrm... fine with me, but strange..

Anyway, the girl said the fitted perfectly and I walked very well in them. 'Have you been practicing walking in heels before' she asked me.

At that point I had to tell her the truth that they were for me and I planned to actually wear them myself.

'Cool, you are the first man I've seen trying on women shoes here. They fit you very well and I'm sure you'll be a hit at any party you'll join. Do you want to keep them on or shall I pack them in the box?'

As I planned on leaving the field open for an eventual return later on (if I need the money), I said that she could pack them in the box for me. To shame I haven't got a bit more money right now, then I would have kept them on me.

And strangley, we were alone in the store all the time. Buy the time I should pay for them, 5 people came into the store, it was like they were standing outside the door and just waiting for a green light...

So, at last I have them in my possesion and on me as I write this.

Here are some pictures of them, as a preview.

Full pictures can be found at http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/bootsshow/Bronx%20Scarlet/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As I said above, you'll find more pics at photobucket.com...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thighhighs: I'm officially jealous! Those Bronx boots look sensational on you! Hopefully you'll take them on a spin, with jeans tucked in for all to see! Boots like those, with that dynamic ornament just begs to be seen! Good luck to you, I hope you'll enjoy those boots for a long time!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those are gorgeous. I'd like something similar myself, as I don't own any pull-on boots apart from my thigh length ones.

Sounds like you had fun trying them on in the shop too!

Chris

Thanks,

If anyone wants a similar pair (and you have small sizes of course) they are available at Zappos.com, search for 'bronx scarlet'.

I think this model only goes up to 41 EU, that's the largest I've seen anyway. But that's no problem for me becouse I'm normally 40-41 (UK 7, US 9-10), so I have no problem finding my size.

That was actually my first shopping experience with a conversation with the staff. I really enjoyed it but I was rather nervous about it. I don't really know why since I didn't know anyone in the store, I don't usually go there and the probability that someone I know enters the store, is one in a zillion...

Nice boots! I like how they look tucked into your jeans. Will you wear them to work?

Ahh, you've been reading my other posts. Nice.

Well, I plan on doing it later on. We've had some circulation among the personal and we have hired 4 new people the last two months I think I'd better take it a bit easy in the beginning, not for me, but as not to frightening them away. :rocker:

At the moment I'm using the two cowboy-styled boots in the other thread. Ok, one has a thin heel but it's not that high...

But, stay tuned. I will be wearing the to work later on, I don't know if the jeans will be tucked in or on the outside yet.

thighhighs: I'm officially jealous! Those Bronx boots look sensational on you! Hopefully you'll take them on a spin, with jeans tucked in for all to see! Boots like those, with that dynamic ornament just begs to be seen! Good luck to you, I hope you'll enjoy those boots for a long time!

Thanks JeffB.

Well, for 165 EUR I hope they'll last long. I think they are the most expensive boots I've bought for myself. Ok, I've been buying some secondhands that originally costed like these, but then I didn't pay so much for them.

I will 'take them for a spin', but at the moment I'm only using them indoors. As I said before, I have the right to return them until beginning of January, so if I should come to a point where I really need the money, I think I have to say goodbye to them. That's also why the pricetag is still on the sole.

If I still have them January 10, I shure will take them outside.

Ahh, you've been reading my other posts. Nice.

Well, I plan on doing it later on. We've had some circulation among the personal and we have hired 4 new people the last two months I think I'd better take it a bit easy in the beginning, not for me, but as not to frightening them away. :rocker:

At the moment I'm using the two cowboy-styled boots in the other thread. Ok, one has a thin heel but it's not that high...

But, stay tuned. I will be wearing the to work later on, I don't know if the jeans will be tucked in or on the outside yet.

I have a good memory! :irked:

I see where you're coming from work wise. I haven't worn any heels to my new job yet. I wore my Payless 1 inch women's booties on my first day but they can be taken as men's shoes anyway. I've been in my new job for two weeks now and settling in nicely - so next week I'm going to wear my Oprington wedges, New Look wedges and probably my Peacock tan block heels as they're pretty inconspicious. But after that I might try something else a bit more. But we'll see - although my new workplace has no dress code I don't want to rock the boat too much too soon. Enough about me...

Let us know if you do wear them - especially tucked in. :biggrin:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Unfortunately the Bronx Scarlet in the UK is an ankle boot, and Zappos won't ship internationally. Which is a shame because I've seen several pairs on the site that I like, but hey, if they don't want the sales...

Chris

Yes, I know, I've found them in a lot of stores in the ankle version. That one is nice, same heel and toe, but I'm missing the decorations and the longer shaft.

And as you say, if Zappos don't want to sell... it's their problem, but they do have many nice styles.

I have a good memory! :biggrin:

I see where you're coming from work wise. I haven't worn any heels to my new job yet. I wore my Payless 1 inch women's booties on my first day but they can be taken as men's shoes anyway. I've been in my new job for two weeks now and settling in nicely - so next week I'm going to wear my Oprington wedges, New Look wedges and probably my Peacock tan block heels as they're pretty inconspicious. But after that I might try something else a bit more. But we'll see - although my new workplace has no dress code I don't want to rock the boat too much too soon. Enough about me...

Let us know if you do wear them - especially tucked in. :rocker:

As they say, first opinion counts, and as long as men in heels, is not fully acceptable in society, I think it's best to go slow to start with.

I've been at my work for 14 years now (wow, it's time for some changes maybe) so among the 'oldies' the heels are no problem. Since I don't really know the new persons and what the feel about it, I'd introduce them starting with lower heels.

One other issue is that one of the new guys, is a friend of a friend of a friend, and the last person in that link, do not know about my heelwearing.

And you know, the word travels fast. So I'm not sure if I really dare to wear them at work, but time will tell.

I still have a lot of possibilities to wear the boots...

A new outfit with the boots.

The jacket should have been a bit longer, but anyway....

Posted Image

No, no, no! The jacket looks just right at that length! Excellent! Now if you can find some tighter jeans that will give you a smoother, sleeker profile, that outfit will be absolutely perfect! More power to you, my friend!

Thanks JeffB. Ok, the jacket's fine. I'll stick with that. And I'll try, after the next payday, to find some thighter pants. These are a bit baggy after a while when sitting down and they tend to slide upp, out of the shaft. I think I'll try to find some darkgrey, maybe with tiny bit of silver in them. These wouldn't make the boots stand out so in the beginning, but still if you take a second look, you'll see them anyway.

I think I'll try to find some darkgrey, maybe with tiny bit of silver in them. These wouldn't make the boots stand out so in the beginning, but still if you take a second look, you'll see them anyway.

Yeah, gray would work best, providing just right amount of contrast between the jacket and boots. That would be my suggestion to you. Good luck!

Ok, any suggestions if the pants should be in jeans, strech or ???? I think I'd prefer a pair of thight jeans, but I've also got remarks of using a pair of tights. I've never worn that kind and am afraid it might look too feminine. My appearance should be saying; 'I like boots with heels', not 'I'm not sure what gender I am...', but the idea of thights is tempting... Any suggestions?

Ok,

any suggestions if the pants should be in jeans, strech or ????

I think I'd prefer a pair of thight jeans, but I've also got remarks of using a pair of tights. I've never worn that kind and am afraid it might look too feminine.

My appearance should be saying; 'I like boots with heels', not 'I'm not sure what gender I am...', but the idea of thights is tempting...

Any suggestions?

Well, I'd say that all depends on you and just how comfortable you are in your own skin to brave wearing tights. However, there's no need to go that far, I'm sure you can find sufficiently tight jeans, women's jeans would probably work better, provided you can find them in your size, but that's just my opinion. Maybe you could consider stirrup pants or leggings in lieu of jeans. The choices are totally up to you.

Hi JeffB. Yes, you are right, it all depends on me. I know I can wear a thight pair of jeans so that's my first try. I think it looks so good (on women) with a pair of leggings or thights together with knee high boots, so I'd like to try that. It's just that the outfit becomes so much more feminine and I'm not stepping into crossdressing, that wouldn't work with a beard. Besides, it not my style.

Hi again,

just bought these as a follow up on the 'pants stuck in boots'-theme...

Posted Image

Posted Image

With these I will give it a first try, these are not so obvious, I mean, not so high heel, so they won't stick out so much.

Now the eventual viewer can focus on the shaft instead of the heel.

They ends just below the knee so they are rather high.

Thanks Dawn HH ! Just to make it clear, these are from the womans-collection and not for men. he sole and heel could well be a man-style. In addition, these have a pointy toe (almond-style), feminine curves of both heel and ankle and scrunched shaft with the two small ropes in the back. I'm very curious how people will react.... It is a very modern and popular feminine style in Stockholm right now, I can tell since there were only one left in my size and the clerk in the store said they sold most of their stock in two weeks.

Thanks jmc.

I'm wearing those for work today together with blue jeans, like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lets see if we get any reactions on the outfit. On top there's an grey/steel blue polo-sweater.

They are VERY comfortable and I especially like that they have a rubbersole, partly to reduce the noice but mainly to get better grip so I actually can wear them outside now when it's starting to get cold with frost and snow.

Thighhighs: Very simplistic, yet stylish. That outfit works, and works well. It's an outfit that can be worn anywhere. Well done, my friend! Now if we can just do something about a smoother profile for the jeans....

I know, tight jeans are hard to find for men. These blue I'm wearing today are actually very tight, they're so tight I can hardly get them down again, once they've slid up... I could find a rubber band going from the legs down under the foot and up on the other side, very useful. This way, the legs will be pulled down by themself if they slide up. Anyway, I'm of shopping during my lunchbreak, let's see if I get any reactions then.

. . .I could find a rubber band going from the legs down under the foot and up on the other side, very useful. This way, the legs will be pulled down by themself if they slide up.

. . .

Perhaps a "stirrup" made of heavy elastic tape, sewn to the inside of the pants leg? This stuff is available where they sell sewing supplies.

Have a happy time!

I've worn them at work today too and they feel just great.

Sorry to say, no comments at work. I'm not quit sure what they actually think of me... I've told some of them that I do have a 'fetish' for footwear (how could they not notice since over 120 pairs have passed by during the last 5 years) so maybe I shouldn't expect too much from them...

... the other oldies have seen most of my collections so they should suspect something at least.

What I'm more interested in are the two new employees (girls in mid 20's), no reaction from them... I even changed the lighting in their rooms today, ie climbed a small ladder right in front of them so the boots were in full display, just to push them to notice the boots and eventually say something...

The next time I know the new sales guy is absent, I'll put on the Bronx boots with 3,5" heels, outside the pants. Maybe I'll get something then...

This only proofs that people (mostly) don't care about what you wear. If they do, they don't bother you with their opinions.

About the shopping-session from yesterday, it wasn't that exiting. I went into two shops and no one noticed.

Next week I'll plan on going to a shopping center and stroll around during lunch-hour. There are at least 7 different shoe stores which I intend to visit and at least 4 of them are of the more fashionable style. Let's see if they dare to talk to me.

OK, lets have a small unofficial voting; which boots shall I wear?

Bronx Scarlet with 3.5" heels

Posted Image

or

Wedins Low Heels

Posted Image