Jeans In Boots: The Current Fashion Craze

JeffB

I'm sure everyone here knows about the current fashion craze: tucking jeans into boots. I've seen virtually no end of girls and women in malls and on the streets dressed like in the pic below:

Posted Image

A retread from the 80's, this craze has really taken hold and looks damn sharp too. Even though I've just returned to the passion, I won't deny that I'm highly intrigued by the look and am interested in trying it out myself. But it's a look that would take some effort to pull off. For starters, it would certainly help to be tall and or slim, you'd need skinny jeans to make the look work best like in the picture above, which means opting for women's jeans (light denim like above for contrast with black boots) as there's no skinny jeans for men, but hey, that wouldn't be a problem for me as I've done that before. As for boots, definitely knee highs or the mid-shin scrunched variety, either with flat or high heels, I've seen women sport both in my travels. Top it off with a sharp leather jacket or coat and you've got a great look.

Like I said, I find this look very intruiging and feel I could make it work. What do you think, people? Anyone else intrigued enough to give this look a try?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Jeff and others,

I'm intrigued also by the sight of women wearing jeans tucked in their boots and I'm trying to figure that out to do it myself too. I know it's a very feminine thing because I've never seen a guy do it. And this make your heels and boots very visible to the outside world.

In case of fashion I've been told that when I want to do it, jeans tucked in boots seem to make your legs shorter, so why do girls and women do this? If they want longer legs, this isn't an option for them either.

I've seen a website how to do it http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2005/11/how_to_wear_jea.html

from The Catwalk Queen http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/

Here a picture I like

Posted Image

Robert

Jeff -

Absolutely. I been recommending boots worn over jeans for years. With zip up boots getting the boots on over jeans is a no brainer but with pull on boots here are a few tips:

1. Start with tight jeans

2. Wrap the cuff of the jeans around your ankle

3. Pull your sock up over the cuff. This holds things in place while you pull your boot on.

I like boots a little taller so let me offer a variation on the jeans theme:

Posted Image

and my all time favorite:

Posted Image

Good fitting jeans are not a problem just look in the thread http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/general_non_shoe_fashion_discussion/6849-question_about_womens_pant_sizing.html=question about women pant sizing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, I'm glad that others find this current fashion craze interesting. And I do intend to give it a try. If anything, it figures to be fun! JNR: The picture did show up when I first posted this thread. Can't understand what could have happened to it. Thighbootguy: As always, your suggestions are worthy of following. I did that very thing when I had my thigh highs (I may just get another pair down the road), and the pics you provided were quite cool!

This is a look I really like on women, but personally I think it's too feminine for me to do in public.

Chris

I agree, despite the fact that I do get to streetheel on a semi regular basis, I'm not into having my heels on full display yet

Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Hi,

JeffB, I've also noticed that almost all younger female creatures have this style here in Stockholm.

It looks really good and I've thought about trying it too.

For those of you who'd like to have a daily look at the fashion walking around in the streets of Stockholm, there's a blogg with daily pictures of the fashion at:

http://stockholmstreetstyle.blogg.se/

Sample of last week:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ok, the last is not with jeans, but I like the boots...

Take a look at the site, there are at least 4 pictures added everyday, all with comments from bloggers.

In this thread are two of the boots I've been thinking about; the first with a stilletto heel and the cowboy-styles on page 4.

Here are the pictures again:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/thighhighmax/Sep06/Pics_008a.jpg

and

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/thighhighmax/okt06/218778.jpg

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Firstly you can get skinny jeans for guys- at least you can over here. Secondly, if worn with high heels the look does make legs look longer especially when the boots are calf length as opposed to knee high.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This is a look I really like on women, but personally I think it's too feminine for me to do in public.

Chris

It depends how you do it. Here's a picture of me in Brighton about six weeks ago, we had a nice time shopping one Sunday afternoon and then went for a look at the sea. Admittedly the heels are quite conservative wedges about 2", but teamed up with a dark coat and jeans there's nothing to frighen the horses.

Posted Image

I've been thinking about trying that look, but I can't find any skinny jeans that fit right here. The only ones I've found are woman's low rise and don't really leave room for my "man bits" :rocker: And I don't really want to order off the net cause jeans are really something I'd rather try on before I buy them.

Looking good there Fog. I only really like pointy boots with slim heels though, which I think may be pushing too far. That look suits you though. Donnawonna: You look so convincing I'd think you could wear pretty much anything and not raise eyebrows. Chris

Fog You look great! Your all black outfit is awesome. Gucci, D-Squared and Ann Dem launched knee high boots for men for Fall/Winter 2006...just today in nyc I saw a guy wearing his pants tucked into knee high boots too. Its a great look, imho.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Jeff -

Absolutely. I been recommending boots worn over jeans for years. With zip up boots getting the boots on over jeans is a no brainer but with pull on boots here are a few tips:

1. Start with tight jeans

2. Wrap the cuff of the jeans around your ankle

3. Pull your sock up over the cuff. This holds things in place while you pull your boot on.

I like boots a little taller so let me offer a variation on the jeans theme:

Posted Image

and my all time favorite:

Posted Image

Good fitting jeans are not a problem just look in the thread http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/general_non_shoe_fashion_discussion/6849-question_about_womens_pant_sizing.html=question about women pant sizing.

I just wanted to answer: Hey, there is a senior member in our forum who is practisizing the actual fashion since many years!

Not only the actual fashion style but also you have poisoned me :rocker: I'm wearing my boots often over skinny jeans. Wedges, cowgirl styles but sometimes also overknees. Why to hide beautiful leather boots under long jeans?

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thighbootguy, That all time favourite of yours just happens also to be on my hard disk. I really like the combination of the black boots and jacket with the tight light blue jeans. I'm not sure about tuck-in boots. For me its the visual proportion of the boots to the jeans. Jeans covering boots I think emphasizes leg length. So do over-the-knee styles. The tucked-in lengths in between don't have the same clarity of presentation (forgive the language - I claim it's the fault of being an architect!), and I have only seen them look really good on slim women, as more than amply demonstrated by donnawonna. Except for Keith Emerson on the inside sleeve of, was it, Tarkus, or Trilogy? I have a pair of OTKs, but the 125mm stilleto heels are just too high for me. I'd like to get a more wearable pair. And by the way, not only are they stylish, but also warm and comfy in cold weather! Cheers Aglo

Aglo –

What doesn’t look good on slim women?:irked:

I think the proportion of jeans in calf length boots, where there is 2/5 boot and 3/5 jeans is a nice proportion. I also think that jeans in thigh boots where there is 3/5 boot and 2/5 jeans also works well. I don’t like the look when the ratio gets wider than that. Jeans in ankle boots or crotch boots just doesn’t look good (even though I just made myself a pair of crotch length boots). I think it’s a high heel that emphasizes leg length more than the boot.

I think a 125mm heel is about 5”. I wear thigh boots with a 5” heel all the time and I suggest it just takes practice.:biggrin:

All –

One other tip about getting boots on over jeans:

Done wear hose that has a slick surface. The boots will grab onto the cloth of the jeans and the jean leg will slide over the hose.

Wear tights (or tall sox) that have a rougher surface than the lining of the boot. That rough surface will grab the jeans and let the boot slide over them.

Its all about making your leg have a higher coefficient of friction than the boot lining. (I always knew high school physics would come in handy :rocker: ).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

All –

One other tip about getting boots on over jeans:

Done wear hose that has a slick surface. The boots will grab onto the cloth of the jeans and the jean leg will slide over the hose.

Wear tights (or tall sox) that have a rougher surface than the lining of the boot. That rough surface will grab the jeans and let the boot slide over them.

Its all about making your leg have a higher coefficient of friction than the boot lining. (I always knew high school physics would come in handy :rocker: ).

A positively fascinating dissertation, TBG! No doubt the result of considerable experience on your part! Heh! Only here at HHPlace can we combine science with heeling! Double heh!

Returning to the masculine/feminine issue with boots tucked into heels. It can be a very strong masculine look. I think the look I presented was more farmer than fashionista. Just think about it - men have always tucked their trousers into their wellies - and the boots tucked into heels look isn't a million miles from that. Very sensible too - just the job for tramping around outside in mucky weather. I've worn those boots with pale skinny jeans too without getting too much attention, it's the contrast that makes them more noticeable. And - Thanks for your kind words guys.

I'm in Denmark this week and Saturday I noticed lot's of women and girls (in heeled boots of many styles) and a few guys (in Flat heels boots) with the tucked in jeans look. They even had a Guy Manikin at one of the stores on the Stroget with the tucked in jean look. The place was very crowded in spite of the cold and rain due to eager Christmas shoppers... By problem is my calves are just to dang big for a women's boot or the new pencil legged womens/girls jeans. I do prefer the tighter fit and lower rise of women's jeans - but I need that (unfortunately) going out of fashion boot cut. I have proportionatly shorter legs anyway so a long pant over a heel makes me look more normal... To bad I didn't bring my heels on this business trip. Tallguy

By problem is my calves are just to dang big for a women's boot or the new pencil legged womens/girls jeans. I do prefer the tighter fit and lower rise of women's jeans - but I need that (unfortunately) going out of fashion boot cut.

Tallguy

Fitzwell (Zappos) has a number of boots with very wide calves in sizes to 13 and a few in 14.

I too have noticed the latest fad of tucking the jeans inside the boots which I think looks good on the girls. You can call me chicken if you want, but I will continue to hide my heels under my boot-cut jeans. Mickey doesn't mind me going out with her in public with boot-cuts covering my heels, but I know she would not want me out with the tucked in look walking along side of her. I respect her wishes. It's called compromise, guys. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!