Jeans In Boots: The Current Fashion Craze

JeffB

well to me its either wearing certain types of pants with certain types of boots that will indicate (to me @ least) if they are to be worn @ any one time either into the boots or over them in other words, I base this idea on whether the boots are thigh high, knee high, short or tall, pull on, or zip up. I do have 2 different pairs of knee high side zip boots :rocker: my screen name ones as one kind, namely DEMONIA and my other more dressy ones from NINE WEST with the blade heels, both kinds for me are best worn (@ home that is) with gaucho-capri type pants, and other longer denim jeans (boot-cut or skinny) OVER the both kinds of boots when I go out.

The jeans tucked in boots are also very common in Poland. Well, it seems that this look is so mainstream that it begins to bore me! (especially if the boots are ugly). When the snow falls, I'm gonna put my knee-high cowboys (unfortunately no high heels... just 1.5") over the leather pants, and wear this combo with a black shearling coat. Mirror test passed with flying colours!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hi,

As you've noticed the street style for this fall is really pants/leggings... tucked into boots.

I don't really care if it makes someone look taller or shorter. If someone is very fat or very skinny, they wouldn't fit in that style anyway.

For a normal body, I think it looks great. If it is a nice style on the boots and no baggy pants hanging over the top shaft.

I myself have not really worn the boots that way. I've been more into concealing the boots, but still have the heel visible.

But I think that might change with my last purchase; the Bronx Scarlet-boots below.

This picture is with blue jeans and I think that contrast really shows the boots in it's glory. Though I might start with a pair in black first so the boots are not that obviously.

Posted Image

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Posted Image

WOW!! Thighhighs! That pic is absolutely mouthwatering! You've definitely got the jeans-in-boots look down pat! Bravo to you, my friend as the Bronx boots look great on you! Match that up with a black turtleneck and a black leather jacket and you'll be stylin' and profilin'! Hopefully, you'll take that look out into public in the future!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Thighhighs, That looks good on you, but could I make a small suggestion (naturally this is just my opinion), I think the look could be even better with some really skinny leg jeans, some of those that contain some elastic in the denim so that they fit really snug with no wrinkles whatsoever. Those are really nice boots BTW Heelium (hope that comes over in the spirit in which it was intended :rocker: )

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

-> heelium I get your spirit :biggrin: , no offence taken what so ever. I totally agree with you, something even skinnier than above jeans would probably look even better. These blue jeans was all I got at home right now (hm, that is in the skinny department. I've got more clothes...:rocker: ). I will look around for something a bit stretchier and let you know. It might be a bit cold for that at the moment though. Today we have had +6 C and it will get colder, I promise you.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I feel that it all depends on the type of boots with the type of pants as to whether they look good either way on one's legs, some can BE worn with pants tucked into them, while others cant simply because of the way they are made (designed that is in their style)

I, also, like the boots over jeans look, and have been using it publicly, during the last year. The skinny leg jeans seem to work best, with mid-calf or knee-high boots. It is an eye-catching style, and quite a few women have made comments about it to me, mostly positive. This look shows off the boots, to maximum degree, fully displaying my 4" heels. Some of the gals think it is really hot.

I like the look, but do not use it myself. I am still at that stage where I would rather keep my heels hidden. They are for my pleasure, not for anyone else.

Have a happy time!

Well, well! Lots of highly interesting opinions and viewpoints on this topic. Keep 'em coming! As I return to the passion, I'm interested in giving this craze a try. Having previously worn thigh high boots over jeans, this wouldn't be any more of stretch for me. Buying nice knee high boots certainly isn't a problem, but finding skinny jeans might. As far as I know, manufacturers don't make 'em for me, so I'll have to buy the women's variety, now if I can only find them in a 38 inch waist. Either that or lose some weight. Heh!

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a tucked-in-pants outfit I rather like with my riding boots (that I describe in detail in photo #17 in my Fashionably Fun Collection thread), but here paired with a sort-of military looking jacket. I’ve worn the boots in public, tucked in as shown, but haven’t yet paired it with the jacket – but I’m sure I will.

Posted Image

Well, well! Lots of highly interesting opinions and viewpoints on this topic. Keep 'em coming! As I return to the passion, I'm interested in giving this craze a try. Having previously worn thigh high boots over jeans, this wouldn't be any more of stretch for me. Buying nice knee high boots certainly isn't a problem, but finding skinny jeans might. As far as I know, manufacturers don't make 'em for me, so I'll have to buy the women's variety, now if I can only find them in a 38 inch waist. Either that or lose some weight. Heh!

Better loose some weight! My most beloved jeans at the moment are very skinny MissSixty J-Lot hip jeans with zippers at the calfs. In a general inch size W/L33 naturally too short for a big 6'4'' guy. In my youth I hated such high water trousers. But why should I care for the length, if I'm wearing knee high boots over them :rocker:

Nevertheless they are looking also cool with sandalettes or pumps together with a pantyhose. I simply have to declare them as 7/8 jeans!

micha (*grinning*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Better loose some weight! My most beloved jeans at the moment are very skinny MissSixty J-Lot hip jeans with zippers at the calfs. In a general inch size W/L33 naturally too short for a big 6'4'' guy.

Sound advice, my friend! The largest waist I've seen on women's skinny jeans is around 34, so I'd have a lot of work to do in order to fit into jeans like those! Heh!

Hey, Fashionablefun, it's good to hear from you again. The military jacket really finishes off the look with the pants tucked into the boots. Cudos! Go ahead and wear that outfit out in public. What a cool look. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB: If you have a Buckle store in a mall near you try our some of the Lucky, Silver and BKE jeans for the ladies... My favorites are Lucky Dreams, they are skinny enough to wear in boots. The other considerartion for the jeans in boots style is that at a long legged guy I ususally need a 35" inseam for "normal" going to 37" for heeling outside. 37" inseam is pretty hard to find. For tucked in wearing I could even go for a shorter inseam (too short for normal wear) and have a much greater selection to choose from. BTW my 38 inch waist in men's converts to a size 34 (or 14)womens in a low rise style but like shoes be sure to try many diferent sizes - because fit varies from jean to jean. I wear a 32 in the lucky dreams, 33 in silver Tuesdays, 33 or 34 in BKE and ... so it goes...

I love the outfit and the model is very hot, the boots look great with the jeans tucked in. I have always LOVED this look and use it myself when I go out. I didn't know it was a retro style from the 80's....Guess I'm behind on things...whatever. The only thing I don't care for in this picture is the round toes on her boots. After all these years of craving the ultra pointy toes to come back in fashion, now they are trying to go 180 degrees the opposite way. (Is this what keeps fashion fresh?) I just hate the feeling that this may make finding the ultra pointed toed boots and pumps "unavailable" for another 40 years !!

JeffB

"As for boots, definitely knee highs or the mid-shin scrunched variety, either with flat or high heels, I've seen women sport both in my travels. Top it off with a sharp leather jacket or coat and you've got a great look". Hay JeffB, I wear boots with flat heels and I tuck my jeans in my knee highs boots all the time and never had any problem with people but what about 3" or 4" heel boots???

Richard

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

JeffB

"As for boots, definitely knee highs or the mid-shin scrunched variety, either with flat or high heels, I've seen women sport both in my travels. Top it off with a sharp leather jacket or coat and you've got a great look". Hay JeffB, I wear boots with flat heels and I tuck my jeans in my knee highs boots all the time and never had any problem with people but what about 3" or 4" heel boots???

Well, I'd say that depends on where and when you go. Once I've worn thigh boots with four inch heels and didn't have a problem at all. What you'll find in your outings is that with precious few exceptions, ninety-five percent of the people you'll encounter are too wrapped up in their own affairs to notice or care about a man wearing heels, that leaves four percent who do notice but don't do anything more than double takes, second looks or long stares, finally the one percent who might giggle, chuckle, laugh or, in even rarer cases, say something derogatory, but I've found that to be very rare.

Well, I'd say that depends on where and when you go. Once I've worn thigh boots with four inch heels and didn't have a problem at all. What you'll find in your outings is that with precious few exceptions, ninety-five percent of the people you'll encounter are too wrapped up in their own affairs to notice or care about a man wearing heels, that leaves four percent who do notice but don't do anything more than double takes, second looks or long stares, finally the one percent who might giggle, chuckle, laugh or, in even rarer cases, say something derogatory, but I've found that to be very rare.

Much rarer these days than just five years ago!

Much rarer these days than just five years ago!

Not to drift away from the topic of this thread, but that's quite true. However, the neanderthals are still out there, some of whom actually feel they have some sort of bizarre obligation to make fools of themselves when they see something they perceive as being outside the norm, like a man wearing high heels. Regrettably, young people of my own race are more inclined to act the fool when they see me in heels than whites are. Makes me ashamed of my race at times because they don't know how to behave in public. It's sad really.

• 1 year later...