Celebrate your High Heely post promotion here!

So how long before I get to wear something girly? It appears that once I shed my comfy loafers I am to be restricted to cowboy boots for a while. BTW, please could someone let me know how to do an avatar? I can get some nice girly spiky shoes in that way! Cheers, Chris :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Kitten heels arrive for your icon at post number 50. So you need to keep posting and going and then you'll have something with a thin heel. Of course, some will say they are not girly, or manly, just shoes of a certain style. But then, kitten heels seem dainty and fragile in a way, so... yeah. :( I hope you get there soon!

Behind?! Don't I know it. Here I am immersed in code and web page tangles while you are doing fashion shoots :( Ah, the life of a goddess model.... To Chris 100575, you can set your avatar by clicking on your profile link and towards the bottom you will find an avatar control panel. If you have problems, you can send me a private message and I will do my best to help you out.

Laurie - IMO the kitten heels are girly. Looking forward to those, I've never been a fan of country music. :( Firefox - Thanks for your help. It looks easy, the only problem being that I don't have any webspace to upload a piccy to. Ah well.

Been a bit busy recently so wasn't able to post much in the last few weeks. Last evening, I had some free time, clicked the new posts since last visit link and found that there were 88 active threads since I last visited. Browsed them all, replied in a few, and now this morning I noticed my post count on exactly 500.

I also see that there are 998 registered members, as of right now. Maybe I get to 500 posts the same day as the board gets to 1000 members?

Well, this is it, I think. 2500. There's no reward, no ceremony, no new picture. It's just me, reaching 2500 postings. Now if I had 10 cents for every post.... I think I will still consider it time well spent, even when some of it has been blatant power posting. All this and 1000 registered members. Nifty.

The whole forum is closing in fast on 40,000 total message posts, it can only be a few days away. I expect someone has access to the stats to estimate more closely when that milestone will pass. I guess 2 to 4 myself. /I

/I

Ah well, you asked, so here are the stats: Number of posts: 39791 Posts per day: 59.38 Number of topics: 2117 Topics per day: 3.16 Number of users: 1004 Users per day: 1.50 Board started: 23 Dec 2001 00:00 Avatar directory size: 239 Bytes Database size: 40.99 MB Gzip compression: OFF At 60 posts per day, it will be around the end of October we reach 40 000. And, 60 posts per day is pretty good. That's a forum which you can visit often and there will always be some new discussion :( We've got 41 MB in the database. We may have to consider some pruning of old topics at some stage depending on storage requirements. I'm celebrating post 2456, just to be on topic.

Impressive statistics. I wonder how this compairs to other high heel forums? I also wonder what would happen if all 1005 members tried to post at the same time. :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There's some quote about flames burning bright and half as long, but it's cliche so I'll refrain. Personally, I'd like to make sure new members stay here, whether they post a little or a lot. Consistency is the dream that we moderators have. More active members in the long term mean more prestige for this message board, and that's just plain good for business. :( I hope our new members, whatever their posting pace, are here for longer stays. Do settle in and enjoy!

YEA! Over 100 posts! It has been wonderful finding you all and this site is too much FUN!! I have learned so much. I'm going to investigete a pair of Ballet Boots!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Well, I've achieved 500 "proper" postings (ie without resorting to the one-word posting trick on the ongoing non-heel story thread) and counting! Its nice to have the sexy black stiletto heel avatar now, although in due course when you read this in future, I hope to have a better one still! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

there's an interesting (but ultimately, fairly pointless) site http://turbulence.org/Works/nums/applet.html that ranks numbers between 0 and 100,000 by their popularity, collected from a popular saerch engine since 1997.

As of Jan 2002, the number 2600 ranks 776th out of 100,000, is in the 99.224th percentile and had 448991 references.

The associations it gave as examples are:

2600 Enterprises

2600 Magazine

atari 2600

cdd 2600

cisco 2600

denon 2600

Emma

Emma, as always you are an INCREDIBLE mine of information! How on earth do you keep doing it? Searching back through my wooly memory, did you say you're unable to come to the Birmingham Heel-Meet this coming Saturday? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

This is a shameless piece of pointless posting (coo, alliteration!) to bid a fond farewell to my kitten heels. They might only have been low, but they were quite cute and served me well. Wearing wedges is a new experience for me, so I'll have a bit of a clump around in them and see how they feel...