Celebrate your High Heely post promotion here!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you're happy, coolshoes :lol: I've never seen the point of cowboy boots, myself. Although, there were some quite nice ones in Barratts not so long ago, with about a 1.5" heel, but they were pink. Black, I'd go for. Brown, perhaps. But not, I think, pink! Pink is for panthers only :(

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Actually, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots and haven't for years. Just hated the comfy loafers so much, that the cowboy boots were an improvement. One of the reasons for wearing ladies boots is that mens boots come in both kinds--cowboy and work; neither of which I care for.

Go gently through life.

• 1 month later...

I just hate the comfy loafers so much and only rarely wear my cowboy boots nowdays, although I have to admit they are very comfortable and do look good with my jeans. (does my bum look big?). Very jealous of firefox's freedom of choice. I soon be there! Up early to go to Oxford shopping. Someone has told me of a great shop there somewhere near to the Botanic Gardens anyone know it? Suzyxxxxx

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

• 2 weeks later...

Weel Goodbye to them Cowboy boots.......didn't like em much and at least with the kittens I can feel feminine again. Long way to go before I really feel myself Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

Yay! I love my new cowboy boots. If I had to be critical, I'd have to make a few changes to them though. They need a higher heel most obviously. Underslung and with the front of the heel kind of parallel to the back of the heel. Make sense? Then a chunky leather sole rising to a long pointed front. I'll have to watch my posting now though. It all looks a bit grim from here to about 500 I think.

The wedges are pretty good by my reckoning, and the 3.5 inch boots are reasonable (although they too leave lots of room for improvement). I'm waiting for the 1500 mark where I can wear whatever I like! :lol: Yay! At 500 you get the 5 inch spikes, then at 750 you get the 5.5 inch pumps, then 1000 you get Debbie's 6 inch Oxfords. *sigh* Such a long way to go... SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

This board has been kind into exchanging my boots for elegant pumps at the end of the cold winter days. Maybe the fact I just past the 750 post marks also helped a bit. I think I can live with (on) those for a while.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I see that highluc did his 750 posts in 1 year and 6 weeks, whilst yamyam took only 1 year and 4 weeks for the same amount.

squirrelheels will be there a bit quicker than that if he keeps on posting at this rate. Darn kids. Too much freetime. :lol:

I like my boots, that I aquired a month or so ago--and I have no interest in pumps. 750 will therefore stay a long way off, I fear. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Why, thank you all!

I see that highluc did his 750 posts in 1 year and 6 weeks, whilst yamyam took only 1 year and 4 weeks for the same amount.

Wow - faster than Highluc in heels! There's a major achievement for me!

squirrelheels will be there a bit quicker than that if he keeps on posting at this rate. Darn kids. Too much freetime. :lol:

Well, he has broadband. It's a natural advantage :(

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I registered on the 20th Jan 2002... and in a year, I'd managed around about 80 posts. Since the end of Jan (ish) this year, I've managed to clock up to my current total, so in the last month, I've managed I high density of posts. However that still averages out at 0.87 posts per day over my total membership period. Ah well... I'll make it to 1500 yet! I'm determined! And yes, broadband is a natural advantage! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

jo wrote:

Wow - faster than Highluc in heels! There's a major achievement for me!

Good achievement yam yam, but don't forget I was away 2 weeks skiing, 5 weeks ocean sailing, 2 weeks catamaran sail instructor and 2 weeks holiday in Cuba during that one year, no internet during almost 3 months. In the meantime I calmed down so you all are going to catch me but I don't care, I get older and just enjoy my life in heels but have already written down so much about it people can find everything in the older threads. Instead of posting I now sit at a terrace enjoying good Belgian beers in my heels. Have fun with whatever you do, Luc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence