Celebrate your High Heely post promotion here!

Robert:-) Heelfan:-) Lee:-) Gentlemen---Thank you, Thank you , and Thank you all. I did it with my 2 typing fingers and 2 cans and some string. (My web-tv set-up). Your accolades are appreciated very highly. Thanks again. cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this will mark my 25th post! Yay! I'm out of those horrible loafery-boots and into some cowboy boots. Yeehaw! My favorite "flats" are a pair of Frye Harness boots, so I'll like my new shoe avatar. Looks like I've been pretty prolific in the short time I've been here. You guys are great, and I really like it here, so I think I'll stick around. :D

Tabasco Tesa:-) Congratulations on your promotion to the 2" cowboy boots. It is great to read that someone thinks we are great and likes it here and wants to stick around. I, for one, appreciate the girls on this forum and value their opinions highly since they have been girls a lot longer than I have. Enjoy, have fun and keep posting. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bladerunner:-) Congratulations to you on obtaining your 3 inch wedges. Keep posting and before you know it, you will be changing shoes again soon. Firefox:-) I can see that you are very proud with yourself on reaching your 3oooth post. Now if you want me to beat that, I guarantee that I certainly will over time. But you must completely stop posting so I can catch up and pass you up. Now being that you are the "Foxy Administrator", I doubt that you would even consider that fact, so I will do it the hard way. Just don't slow down any as I just might eventually run up your tail-pipe. Hee! Hee! Cheers fellows--- Dawn HH

I did 3000 recently. I only just noticed. Come on guys, get posting to beat that!

Huh uh....... 982 in three years for me, it will take me 30 years!!!! :D Get typing? Yeah right...............

:D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I did 3000 recently. I only just noticed. Come on guys, get posting to beat that!

But I don't LIKE your 6" avatar. The board is showing its age. I'm more than well-acquainted with the why's and wherefore's of the present stock of avatars. But I have an idea--with each passing grade, why not increase the number of choices available within a given heel height category??

I'd even volunteer to find and photoreduce the BW gifs so they would continue to be of neglible bandwidth (using Photoshop/Illustrator and Irfanview).

An example: Give those who have earned the (current) 2" cowboy boots, a choice of 3 images with 2" heels. I can remember my first pair of women's boots--they were knee-hi, black smooth leather, with a stacked-look 2" heel, that make your current selection look like the "Steply UghSister" it actually is. Even my properly manly water buffalo skin cowboy boots that I had back in the early 90's looked MUCH more stylish than these critters. And the heels were, if anything, lower. The same goes for the ghastly 3" mule wedgies.

An example of my abilities: Right click on my current 5.5" image, then click "properties". The 5.5" pump takes up 2408 Bytes of bandwidth. Do the same for my over-the-knee zappos serving as my moniker. Even though it occupies at least twice the screen space of the pumps, the bandwidth of the gif is virtually identical--2436 Bytes.

Whaddya say, FireFox??

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

You'd have to contact Jeff about that. I don't think the current version of the board allows for choice between avatatars at various member levels :D Also the bandwith is probably not a big issue because once you have browsed the board a couple of times the avatars will likely be stored in your hard drive cache. Good ideas though, assuming implementation is possible.

Over 500 posts, now have those 5 inch spiky boots, and they feel so good too :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) HEY!!! Congratulations on changing your shoes once again to the 5" spiky boots. I just recently gained those same boots myself, and yes, they are very nice. Keep posting, enjoy and have fun and lets see who makes the next level first, you or me. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

Thanks DawnHH but I think you'll beat me there, you are such a frequent poster here, they should give you airmiles for it :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) I try to post some every day. Even if I do make the next step before you, I'm sure you will make it also sooner or later. Keep posting as it all adds up over time. I would not have any use for air-miles---so lets change that to smile-miles. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

• 2 weeks later...

This will make it the big 1000!!!!! :drinking: Only 500 more to go to my own avatar.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hoverfly:-) A BIG, BIG CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the big 1000 posting mark. Like you said---only 500 more to your own Avatar. Keep posting and it will sneak up on you before you know it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-) Congratulations on reaching the big 5-OH-OH! Now you need a special drivers shoe with a high heel so you can Z-O-O-O-M to the next heely plateau. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

Genebujold:-)

Congratulations on reaching the big 5-OH-OH! Now you need a special drivers shoe with a high heel so you can Z-O-O-O-M to the next heely plateau. Cheers---

Dawn HH :roll:

Ok... How about this one?

Posted Image

I'm not particularly fond of the more feminine heels. Nevertheless, my wife feel in love with this shoe from Fredericks, saying "it has all the pizzaz you need, hon."

Whatever that means!

Nevertheless, despite the fact that it's at the upper end of my limit (4 inches), it's a fairly comfortable heel.

One thing I, personally, don't like about is that I'm a male, and it looks far too "dainty" to me - almost as if I were wearing a tutu.

The second thing I don't like is that the designers at Fredericks are clueless when it comes to the human anatomy. Evidently, they're of the opinion that a woman's toes are bunched up in front, and taper to 1 inches across, just 2 inches ahead of that toe strap.

Ridiculous! My toes hang over all the time.

The third thing I don't like about it again has to do with ergonomics. I've worn many a comfortable high-heel shoe in my size. But this heel from Fredericks is about as hard as the concrete floor itself. No padding in the sole, particularly the toe landing, where it's needed. Rough!

Finally, there's the heel rake, which is perfect for a size 9, but not enough for a size 11. As a result, the heel cants too much towards the front of the shoe, and is slightly unstable while walking unless one remembers to lean into the step - which is still unacceptable workmanship to offer a high heel with an improperly canted heel!

Nevertheless, I do agree with my wife that it's one sexy shoe, which is why I decided to get used to it (seems to turn her on...).

It's even sexy on my foot, as noted in the pic (B&W to save bandwidth).

Thus, if I could ever get it through the heads of the buyers at Fredericks (I've tried several times), they should insist on the following:

1. Padded insole.

2. Properly sized/canted heels (for the larger sized shoes).

3. Fix the pointed-toe look. It looks ridiculous when a woman's toes are dragging the ground over the overly-pointed end of the sole.

4. Market your larger-sized heels to the buyers. Although some larger-foot buyers on this board and others do indeed want dainty heels, most of them want heels, period, and would be more happy to get them in a more conservative, perhaps more masculine cut (with the only exception being the height of the heel).

Ok, I'm gonna get flamed for this post, I just know it...

Genebujold:-) Why would you get "flamed". What you said about the shoe and Frederick's is true, but they don't seem to be listening. I bought a few pairs of heels from them in the past, but now I don't since they haven't fixed the problems with their shoes yet. Looks is one thing, but form, fit, quality, and usefulness are another. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-) It's getting a bit "scary" as both you and I have come to agreement on several points lately. We must both be on the same track. TOOT! TOOT! It sure is nice to have you back on the forum again. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't disagree with you from time to time. :roll: Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-)

It's getting a bit "scary" as both you and I have come to agreement on several points lately. We must both be on the same track. TOOT! TOOT! It sure is nice to have you back on the forum again. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't disagree with you from time to time. :roll: Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah, next thing you know, you and I will be in bed together and Micky68 will have been deep-sixthed!

Not...

Love you both, but yes - I'm looking forward to the sharpening of the sword as much as I am the mutual edification.

See you round the bend...

Hjt101:-) Congratulations on changing your shoes at 100 posts. As someone has quoted before me---"Onwards and upwards". Sscotty727:-) Your right in style for the summer with your new pair of sandals. Maybe you could tell us all about them and could you throw in a pic or two? Genebujold:-) Tee-hee-hee-hee!!! NEVER!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll: