I'm back, tentatively

Hello posters. I just signed on for the first time in over a year. I did not realize it had been that long! Thanks to one of the moderators for emailing me to let me know the site had been changed (improved). The last few times, sometime ago, I tried to log on I failed and concluding I was wasting time I forgot the whole deal. I was never the most prolific poster nor probably a memorable one to many but I enjoyed my visits. I am presently reducing my boot collection but think I will hold onto two pairs as they are classic styles from the late 1980's and fit me well. Though the style pendulum swings back and forth and the boots I have look dated I would hate to part with them as finding a pair that fits has always been the greater challenge. My boot wardrobe/collection had gradually gotten out of control over many years. I have ditched all of my flat heeled boots realizing that the only reason I had such were because they were women's boots and a type I could go stealth out in public. High heels were really the only reason I have interest in women's boots. Womens boots come in high heels so flat heeled women's boots equaled a "safe" alterantive. Women are very style conscious for the most part. Men are not from what I understand, so I am a bit of an inigma. However, wearing heels where I work would never fly - against dress codes. I had worn athletic shoes to work for years - very boring - and I hated the style but wore them anyway. The last pair I had ended up hurting my feet big time. I started shopping for alternatives. I have landed on Merrel Moc type shoes. Their clog in particular, I am very pleased with in style. Not your typical men's shoe and they are comfortable to boot. Wearing a men's shoe that I like has tempered my quest to wear women's high heeled boots. It has been years since I had a pair of men's shoes I liked the style of. My wardrobe/collection of women's boots had growin in size over the years of many times simply purchasing a style due to its being in my size 12 rather than because I liked it. The scarcity of styles in my size 12 created a famine-like response whereby I pounced on a new pair of boots because of the size rather than the style. In result many of the boots I have thrown away where easy to part with. Years in boxes in the attic had not done them any good either so they really needed throwing away! I had never liked them other than for the high heels. That is the brief history of where I have been and am at present. I expect I will always be a big admirer of high high heeled women's boots. I will keep a few pairs and may add a new pair in the future but will do so more thoughtfully. dressboots

classic style high heel boots

Hi dressboots, and welcome back.

Reading your post I come to the conclusion that there are a couple of other members going through some of the same soul-searching as you are. Have a look at this thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/hellos_goodbyes_introductions/6857-im_back_most_part-4.html#post117292

this post and the dialog afterward:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/1743-thigh_boots_public-2.html#post116358

this thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/6881-soul_searching-2.html#post117634

and this post with some of the dialog around it:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/3165-losing_desire_heels-2.html?highlight=purge#post59465

You are not alone.

Have a happy time!

dear jmc Point taken. Maybe that is that nagging voice in the background that keeps saying you will regret this action later on. Have been trhough this before and still regret some of the heels thrown away that time. Threw away all that ime. Saving favorites this time but greatly reducing size of collection. Still, much to consider. dressboots

classic style high heel boots

Dressboots:-) Welcome back to the Forum. There is nothing wrong with thinning out your collection of boots that you really didn't want or never used much, but by all means, keep the ones that fit you well. Putting them on will be like visiting an old friend and will give you a sense of comfort and well being. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I know the feeling of a "purge" Recently moved from Fl. to Tn. , got rid of all that I thought I wouldn't ever wear. I do regret getting rid of some, but I now am going on the path of real heels, not plats or other suff not associated with normal daily wear.(something that you would not see a woman on the street wearing) Welcome back, and hope all of us who have done this will be better off afterward.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.