Sticky zips

• 3 years later...

You could try lubricating them with either clear silicone gun oil or sewing machine oil which does not stain cloth

Two years between posts!!! :cry1:

Hopefully chris100575 got his problem sorted a wee while ago & hasn't been holding out for that response :wave: :wave: :wave:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

(mummmmmm, lets see -- 29th of Nov, 06 to 12th of Dec 09---more like three years to bump the post) Actually, I'd have tried a bar of bath soap, myself.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I just work it up and down a few times... You can use toothpaste because it is a slight abrasive and new zips jam because they still have those little sharp edges.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

As has already been pointed out, three years ago I did indeed try rubbing a pencil on the zips and it sorted it. Now they're just fine and the boots are still going strong! :cry1: As for Anne and John's other suggestion, I've since discovered that a stick of bees' wax works wonders for the zip on my drysuit.