Maryjanes

Bria

Are there any fans of HighHeeled maryjanes out here. I just love them. They go really well with my plaid skirt and white socks. I have a few pair and am looking for more. my lowest pair of MJs is three inches.

Whatever be your "bag" I suppose. :grin: Can't stand Mary Janes, especially the black high heeled variety--yecch! From a certain point of view I suppose a pink or white pair wouldn't look out of place with a poodle skirt, but I'm not overly fond of them either. I think you'll find a lot of MJ fans here, though, my dissenting voice notwithstanding. Enjoy! :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I've got a few pair and like to wear them, makes me feel a few decades younger when I have them on my feet. Just look at my website and see the pictures and descriptions. Enjoy your MJ's, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

if the mary jane had a stiletto heel and a pointed toe, I would wear it. But it reminds me of something my mother always told me when I was being fussy, that she would dress me up with mismatched marry janes and make me wear pig tails. Growing up, I learned that this was bad, so I think my image of the shoes can be a bit clouded.

:smile: If the mary jane had a stiletto heel and a pointed toe, I would probably like it!

Some models do have. I have a pair of black patent Mary Jane pumps with 4½" stiletto heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

yes... for sure Laurie... its the strap that is what sets them apart. I just wish they would get away from those velcro straps. and back to a buckle... velcro and pantyhose do not go well together

i have a bit of a maryjane obsession. when i was much younger, i bought an anniversary issue of seventeen magazine that had sections devoted to all the various decades that seventeen had been published in. i was obsessed with the 60s at the time, and i just fell in LOVE with maryjanes. also love the whole "kinderwhore" look from the early 90s riot grrrls. ever since then, i've collected them. put a strap on a shoe, and odds are, i will love it or at least like it.

i actually just bought some today. one pair of comfy basically flat (i know, i know) mules that will be great for walking in but also looking nice.

also tried on and made a vow to purchase these in black:

Posted Image when they have my size in stock.

maryjanes are just so feminine and girly and cute.

• 1 month later...

I have pair of black maryjanes by nine west, and even though they are low heel (hardly none @ all as a matter of fact) they are THE most comfortable shoes I have EVER worn for all-day walking that I think I've ever had! I got them from www.zappos.com @ $49.95 and found them later @ MACYS dept store for $ 20 more ($69.95) and the best thing about zappos is FREE shipping (with every pair you buy) they look good with leather or denim pants!! :smile:

This week with the combination of warm weather with occasional heavy showers leaving deep water puddles on the streets I found the most comfortable shoe to be my platform wedge mary janes who gave me sufficient air at the top but kept my feet dry at the bottom. The dark socks are sometimes worn to minimise exposure of this typical girly shoe as worn by this 50 year old man.

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

A quick tour of my Yahoo photo albums shows a definite weakness for Mary Janes. By coincidence I happened to be wearing some as I saw the thread.

A quick inventory:

• 3+ inch chunky heels, thick lug soles, PU, Payless.
  • 4+ inch wedge heels, 1 inch platform soles, leather, Bass or Kenneth Cole (identical shoe sold under both names) -- like Hiluc's above, but a bit lower
  • 3 1/2 inch wedge heels, 1 1/2 inch lug platform soles, PU, Payless
  • 2 inch heel unit bottom lug soles, essentially flat, suede, bass
  • flat, cotton, China
I'm sure I missed a pair or two. I have more MJs than any other style, except perhaps platform sneakers.

Oh, the photo album http://photos.yahoo.com/onyourtoes99

Bubba, very classy style you bought there. Who sells stose?

I also own different styles of MJ's and the one pictured below is owned by at least 2 other members of this board. I wonder how often they wore them since we all purchased them together.

Posted Image

Greetings from Highluc to all Mary Jane lovers.

Sexy Shoes http://www.sexyshoe.com

Style No. 9621, sizes US Womans 5 to 14.

Price $49.95 (Plus shipping)

Leslie Shoe Co., Inc.

480 N. Second st.

P.O. Box 48

Rogers City, MI 49779

USA

I've purchased several pairs of pumps and sandals with 5" heels from this company. Good organization. Very reliable. I know they ship to Canada but not sure if they ship to Europe or the Far East.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I must admit I too have a weakness for Mary Janes as well as T bars (or baby dolls as they are known in South Africa). They are used as school shoes in this country and are readily available up to our local size 8. My latest acquisition did dispense with a buckle and uses velcro.. and while aesthtically it ruins the lines.. it is more comfy that a buckle while sittying cross legged. I have ventured forth a few times with my MJ's and the irony is encountering a school girl and knowing I am wearing the school shoes she could be wearing and she is wearing lace ups. I have a small MJ page at my website for those who are fans the url is

http://jenni_amanda.tripod.com/tbar.htm

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hayway.demon.co.uk/ I know we are not really supposed to do advertisements, but this shoe maker will take any court shoe in any height and put a Mary Jane, t-bar (we call them "scool girl shoes") or various ankle straps. The quality is fair. The leather is not real leather, but they have great prices and are wonderful to deal with. Once I ordered some and took several months to mail back and they never said anything. Jacky is a wonderfully nice lady to deal with and if you need them in a rush will try to do whatever it takes to get them to you for that "special occasion".

I love Mary Janes with the right outfit. Not so much in general say with a busness suit. but I have this marino wool dress that is charcoal grey, has a v neck long sleeves and buttons all the way down the front, is ankle length and has a matching tie belt. Mine from Hayway are in black "leather" with the 2 inch #tp2 heel and are very cute.