High heel wobble!

Zzz

Once I spot a woman walking in heels, the first thing I look for is a sexy looking wobble in her walk. WOW!:wink:

SHAKE! Shake, shake, shake it!

I gotta do something to save this thread, guys. Somebody help me out here before this sucker vanishes into oblivion!

Rock, rock, rock rock and roll!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, to be quite honest, the camera is shaking far too much to be able to discern anything definitive.

Here's one technique for you U-Tubers which proves very effective:

Securely mount your camera to either a mono-pod or a tripod (with the legs closed). This substantially reduces the vertical and tilting shakes. If you want to reduce the panning shakes, consider getting a weighted stabilizing platform (cheap) or a gyroscopically-stabilized platform (expensive, but worth every penny, as it cancels shakes in all attitudes).

Here's one technique for you U-Tubers which proves very effective:

Securely mount your camera to either a mono-pod or a tripod (with the legs closed). This substantially reduces the vertical and tilting shakes. If you want to reduce the panning shakes, consider getting a weighted stabilizing platform (cheap) or a gyroscopically-stabilized platform (expensive, but worth every penny, as it cancels shakes in all attitudes).

Then there's the old shooter's gimmick of bracing against a post or tree, or some stable object that will give you a steady shot. Cheap but effective.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Then there's the old shooter's gimmick of bracing against a post or tree, or some stable object that will give you a steady shot. Cheap but effective.

That certainly helps, as does a tripod.

But if you're moving around, a good 3-axis stabilization system is indespensible.

• 2 weeks later...

That certainly helps, as does a tripod.

But if you're moving around, a good 3-axis stabilization system is indespensible.

Maybe you should have held off on that 3 axis stabilizer suggestion.:D Apparently JohnnieHeel is having trouble finding one.:wink:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 4 weeks later...

This thread seems to have wandered a bit. Back to the original subject with something I noticed just recently. Some shoes seem to be designed deliberately to wobble. With many high heel shoes, there is a definite flat spot when I rock from side to side, and that makes it easy not to wobble. But I have a pair of 5" pumps by Ellie that has no such flat spot. The sole in front seems to be very slightly rounded, and if I rock from side to side, they roll smoothly with no hint of a flat spot. It seems to me that they are designed to encourage a bit of wobble!

Maybe you should have held off on that 3 axis stabilizer suggestion.:o Apparently JohnnieHeel is having trouble finding one.;)

Not so easy when the person following you holding the camera wobbling in her own heels.LOL

real men wear heels

This thread seems to have wandered a bit. Back to the original subject with something I noticed just recently.

Some shoes seem to be designed deliberately to wobble. With many high heel shoes, there is a definite flat spot when I rock from side to side, and that makes it easy not to wobble. But I have a pair of 5" pumps by Ellie that has no such flat spot. The sole in front seems to be very slightly rounded, and if I rock from side to side, they roll smoothly with no hint of a flat spot. It seems to me that they are designed to encourage a bit of wobble!

I think yer right, Himark. I too, have noticed that some shoes just seem to rock and wobble around. If it wasn't intentional, then why did they make them that way?

Not so easy when the person following you holding the camera wobbling in her own heels.LOL

Well, I was unable to detect any of the traditional wobble at all in that video. However, with those chunky heels, I would have been somewhat shocked to see any. I cannot ever recall seeing that traditional wobble with anyone who was not wearing either stilettoes or very narrow heels.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

a slight wobble at the right time and place can be super sexy.. too much wobbling.. excessive wobbling.. denotes lack of skill and is a turn off. a coy wobble.. a play of the foot to seduce... or the slight wobble that comes from over extending your gait to reach a given destination.. sexy.

I'll agree with that!

a woman wobbling while wearing heels is a turn-off. It's nice that she's going to such lengths to impress a guy, because she knows that heels are sexy, and provocative. Still, she needs to walk in them beautifully, with such skill that it turns a guy on. She needs to practice before going out in public with them on her feet. To me, a real sexy woman would be RUNNING in 6" pumps. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I saw a little bit of wobble once or twice, but not that distinctive HH wobble most gals have. In truth, it's something less than I normally have in 3" wedgies. Therefore I conclude that there is something about the female anatomy that produces that distinctive female hh wobble.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Returning to the original theme:

The sexiest and most graceful walk is one which appears effortless as if the heels are part of the body...

HighHeelArt makes a very good point. Now that I think about it, the people I have most admired in heels are the ones who are able to make the it seem as if the shoes are merely an extention of their legs; those who put forth such an effortless motion, that it seems as if they've worn heels all their life. Very few heel wearers are so accomplished.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hi guy in heels, thank you for that welcome. This is all new to me.

Well, just jump right in here and start sharing you experiences with us. TNT! Tain't nothing to it. We've got high heel lovers around the world who are willing to share their experiences with us here.

There's another thread around here where you can introduce yerself and tell us a little about your experiences.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

When I first set out to wear high heels, especially spiked heels in public, I practiced long and hard in private to make sure I didn't wobble even a little bit. I wanted to display as smooth and fluid a gait as humanly possible, to wobble in public would say to passersby that I don't have the knack of walking in heels and would be looked upon as foolish. While I don't care what others think of me when I'm in heels, I hate being perceived as foolish. Impressions are everything, and I want people to think, "Damn! He walks in heels as well as any woman!" In fact, I've had people say that very thing, hell, I've even had women say I walk in heels better than they do! Now that's the ultimate compliment!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I first set out to wear high heels, especially spiked heels in public, I practiced long and hard in private to make sure I didn't wobble even a little bit. I wanted to display as smooth and fluid a gait as humanly possible, to wobble in public would say to passersby that I don't have the knack of walking in heels and would be looked upon as foolish. While I don't care what others think of me when I'm in heels, I hate being perceived as foolish. Impressions are everything, and I want people to think, "Damn! He walks in heels as well as any woman!" In fact, I've had people say that very thing, hell, I've even had women say I walk in heels better than they do! Now that's the ultimate compliment!

I certainly admire the effort you've put into it. Also, I think you make a very good point, which is the amount of effort that many people either do or do not put into wearing heels. I was out in my skirt and heels yesterday and I found it interesting to see women actually stumbling around in their heels because they were either tired, or else they just didn't know how to walk in heels, or both! Few things look more pathetic than a woman in heels who obviously doesn't know how to wear them. ;)

Unfortunately, in my case my spine has collapsed and so it is inevitable that I will exhibit a little bit of wobble, even on fairly wide-heeled 3.5" wedgies. And, of course, in the process of time, my feet and legs begin to tire and my wobble becomes even more pronouced. :text_help:At that point I must either rest my feet or change shoes, or both.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

I heard anyone here talking about wobble... look at these vids:

http://videolog.uol.com.br/video.php?id=205368&tags=\\\

This is a brazilian kind of "youtube", just click play and watch.

Well, you're a little behind the curve, Flavio. The English version of that video was cited fairly early on in this thread. Still, it is at once both amusing and pathetic to see again. I often wonder if that's what guys in 5" heels look like? ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, you're a little behind the curve, Flavio. The English version of that video was cited fairly early on in this thread. Still, it is at once both amusing and pathetic to see again. I often wonder if that's what guys in 5" heels look like? ;)

I hope not. Those were 5" heels in my vid.The white ones.

real men wear heels

Sorry! I never watched the video from a link in the forum.

Since it's on a brazilian site, I thought it was made in some brazilian runway.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope not. Those were 5" heels in my vid.The white ones.

Well, I suppose some guys can carry it off better than others. Now if I were to strap on a pair of 5" heels, you'd get to see lots of falls and spills.:wavey: In fact, I'm not even sure I could stand up in them, let alone walk.:sad: One thing's for certain, I wouldn't even think about it without medical help :smile: being prepositioned on the scene.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Just like when I used to ice skate and see people who could not hold their blades vertical, I feel concern when I see someone wobble or otherwise show that they do not have the ankle strength to wear heels, because I know that they will sooner or later twist an ankle and fall, just as the runway model in that video did.

Years ago on the alt.sex.fetish.fashion newsgroup, Ms. Margo used to recommend an exercise for developing the ankle strength necessary to walk safely and gracefully in heels. Stand at the edge of a thick book such as a telephone directory, so that only the balls of your feet rest on the book and your heels hang over the edge, so that you must use your thigh muscles to support yourself. Now raise up on "tip-toe" and then lower yourself back to your original position repeatedly. When you get strong enough, do it on one foot at a time. This will stretch and strengthen your Achilles' tendons and the attached muscles, and strengthen all else that supports your ankles.

Some high heeled shoes are made so badly out of balance these days - and from inferior strength materials - that you can't help but wobble in them as the heels actually MOVE under weight.

Yours is the first comment I've seen on this board that shows awareness of this problem. I've worn 3" heels that were more difficult to walk in than some of the 5" heels I own. I have a pair of 5" stiletto heel boots that are extremely stable and well-balanced that are comfortable for all-day wear, and easy to walk in. I just got some western-styled boots on 10CM stiletto heels that are so sturdy (no give in the arch at all) and well-balanced that they almost feel like walking in flats.